Protein

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Hello 👋 just wondering please if anyone out there can advise how much protein is good to aim for daily on the Fast 800? Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, if you ask google that question it says between 50 and 175 grams per day but that is not on this diet. There is someone on the site who has done all the calculations i.e. protein x body weight etc but I cant remember who. I just measure carbs and then the rest of what I eat comes under protein and veg etc. and just keep within the calories. I probably have around 150g to 200g per day with something like chicken salad and then something like a bolognaise of 100g in the evening although my snacks are usually also something like chicken or ham. I probably eat more protein than recommended as I am replacing the carbs.

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Thanks Sunshine girl. I have been averaging around 60g protein a day and didn’t know if it was enough. But with 800 cals I would struggle to fit in more, unless I could be making better food choices. With around 20g carb a day, at least it is more protein than that I guess.

Please log in or register to post a reply.