Progress report

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Tomorrow I will have been following this plan for 5 weeks. Up to today I have lost 21 pounds. 😃. My BMI has gone from 40.9 to 37.1 and I only have another 1.4 pounds to lose to have lost 10% of my starting weight! From a fasting BG of 10.9 all my fasting bloods are now under 6, with those in the evening either 4s or 5s

• posted by Happywife
    on

Morning Captainlynne, brilliant news – you must feel really pleased with the results. An inspiration to the rest of us new starters, especially as you have been 800ing it over the festive period and in some really cold and gloomy weather. Fantastic!
    All the best. Ax

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Happywife. She’s I saw the book I thought ‘anyone can do anything for 8 weeks’ so decided to go for it. Cleared out the carbs from where they lurked in the kitchen and decided my plan for Christmas Day. I live alone, but my neighbour was sending a meal round so I had to decide what to do. I ate some of the turkey and froze the rest in portions. I replaced potatoes and parsnips with other veg. When the pudding arrived (with cream) it was replaced by blueberries. I hate wasting food, but rather that than upset the progress I was already seeing. I’ve been looking for new foods yo add variety. Unusually for me both fridge and freezer are full of fish and veg, with some chicken ne not much red meat. My treat (don’t laugh😊) is going to BHS once or twice a week for their small breakfast – no longer an ‘all you can eat’ breakfast, just 4 items. And no sausages!

• posted by TraceyH31
    on

Well done captainlynne that’s impressive. This is the start of my second week and I’ve lost 3lbs and 2″ off of my waist which I’m really pleased with. Onwards and upwards – or perhaps that should be downwards in the case of us lifestyle changers!

• posted by Hedds
    on

Thanks for the posts captainlynn and TracyH31, I am on day 9 and have lost 4lbs but more importantly I have a BG morning reading of 5.3. It was 8 last Monday. Not done my waist measurement yet but will do this morning just to see.
    Good luck all

• posted by Natalie
    on

My first four weeks were very patchy, I kept giving in to the celebration food that was all around me. But I still lost 3 kg (6.6 lbs) so that is something. And the next four weeks are going to be much better!

Please log in or register to post a reply.