Procrastinating or nudging?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Speedy
    on

I know I am probably procrastinating! But my theory is I am trying to nudge myself towards starting by reducing bread etc. But breakfast is my weak point. Egg based breakfasts get a bit cloying after a while, I’m veggie so bacon is not an option. What are the most satisfying breakfasts? I’ve even bought some Atkins bread but that’s still 5 carbs a slice.
    Or should I just stop putting starting off? We long term dieters are great at that! Thanks.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi speedy, simple answer – skip breakfast. My own choice is not to eat anything before 12pm.

The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll start losing weight.

• posted by lauren
    on

I think you’ve answered your own question there ๐Ÿ™‚ make tomorrow day 1 of your BSD journey, you won’t regret it!

I started 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and at that point thought there was no way I’d survive without my beloved homemade bread… but you know what we’re more adaptable than we give ourselves credit for. Yes it takes a bit of willpower at times, but actually once you get going the results on this eating plan are so motivating that you get to a point where feeling better about yourself is so much more important to you than all of your old favourite doughy treats. You might even find that going cold turkey on the bad carbs is easier than trying to have reduced amounts of them – I found that I soon stopped considering them an option, whereas if I had told myself I could have a slice of bread per day that would definitely have ended up gradually increasing until I was back to old habits.

I’m pretty much veggie and have found my favourite breakfast is full fat greek yoghurt with strawberries and blueberries, I love the taste of it and it keeps me full for hours. Play around with different things and you’ll soon find something that works for you. If you like quorn sausages then they’re good with sauteed mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.

• posted by Speedy
    on

Both excellent ideas. I know I am the mistress of putting it off. Stupid because I really really need to do it.
    Thank you.

• posted by lauren
    on

Not stupid at all, I’m an expert at procrastinating so I know how you feel! I also think that most of us on here have been at the start of a new diet on numerous occasions, and I think that can make you wary of trying because your brain is already telling you that you might fail again – I’ve certainly felt like that before anyway. This time I’ve tried to get out of that mindset, and have taken the pressure off myself to do this perfectly, and instead it being succeed or fail I just take one day at a time and keep trying my best. Maybe I have a very simple brain, but this has been enough to trick it into sticking to the plan perfectly without it seeming like such a big task!

In this instance I really would say it worth giving yourself a little push though ๐Ÿ™‚ honestly it’s not as daunting as it seems, and there are so many people on here to keep giving advice and encouragement as you go along so you’re never on this journey alone.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Speedy,
    I’m veggie too. I usually go with full fat yoghurt, berries of some kind and flaxseed meal for breakfast.
    Or if I have time I’ll fry mushrooms, haloumi cheese and tomato for a change.
    Sometimes I have scrambled eggs and 100g of baked beans, not much of a serve of beans but still filling.
    One of the coconut flour flatbreads with a little yoghurt and sliced strawberries ( recipe on site), would also do the trick.
    How about some nice homemade soup for a brunch type breakfast?
    As long as you stay low carb, non sugary or starchy, and within your calorie allowance you can eat whatever you want. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by barby
    on

Another veggie saying hello Speed. I have played mind games with myself for years, telling myself off as I know I need to lose weight, then saying t myself there’s no point starting another diet as I never keep to them. And all the time I was getting bigger and bigger.

I am really having bad health issues now, so decided to give this a go even though I didn’t think I could manage low carb. Well I’m just 2 weeks in but doing OK. I’d had a brief go at 5-2 and found I could happily fast until about 11 30 or 12 noon. The diet wasn’t fast enough for me.

So now most days I drink loads of water in morning and don’t eat till noon ish, and keep busy. I take the yoghurt/berries and seeds to work, pus a salad or soup for later. Give it a go if you need to lose. It is a really different diet in that you lose the urge to binge (well so far anyway). Good luck.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Just have whatever you would have at other meals, at breakfast. It doesn’t have to be “breakfast food”.

Please log in or register to post a reply.