Problem with dairy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pre-diabetic-diet-newbie
    on

I haven’t started any diet yet but have been diagnosed pre-diabetic by my GP. The 8-week blood sugar diet books do recommend adding dairy into the diet but I’ve been avoiding regular dairy intake. Although I’ve not been diagnosed as lactose intolerant (I do have an inflammatory issue), but I do have a problem digesting dairy and also avoid lacto-free milk. What can I have on the diet as a dairy alternative that is a viable substitute? I currently have either Almond or Soya milk but not sure if that will just add to my almond or soya intake rather than the recommended dairy intake. Not sure about yoghurt and cream alternatives either. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, especially from any lactose intolerant dieters.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, not sure if this is helpful but I found that switching to goat or sheep products was the answer for me. Dairy only comes from cows so goat and sheep are not the same, so sheeps milk yoghurt, goat cheese or even ewes cheese. As for milk, I just cut it out completely drinking only green tea.

Please log in or register to post a reply.