Prepared now let's do this!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Slimchance
    on

Well I hope that I have everything covered, I plan to delve headfirst into this diet Monday morning:
    Health checks done ✔
    Measurements taken ✔
    Cupboards sorted ✔(even put my families treats into a locked cupboard)
    Menus planned and shopping done✔
    Goals set✔
    Diet buddy found ❌😕
    I have been astonished by the heart warming stories and support on these forums, so I am sure you will all become my diet buddies. I have tried over 20 different diets and failed all of them. In January this year, I moved to a new country and then I reluctantly turned 50. I have been overweight for more than half of my life. I was sent for routine blood tests and shocked to find I am glucose intolerant. I’ve been on metformin now for 2 months and to my horror my hair is thinning and I have small bald patches! I need to become healthier, by changing my lifestyle, lose this weight forever and get off this medication. I reckon I have a slim chance of doing it this time, whilst others I tell will say under their breath “fat chance, here we go again”.
    Well this time I’m doing it for me! 👍
    (Please God help me stick to this one.)

• posted by thepolly
    on

Doing it for yourself is the most important part. There is usually a load of support on these forums and that is partly why I started on this diet. Don’t worry about the doubters, they will always be there.

Good luck and welcome to the forums

Polly x

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Slimchance
    Welcome to the Wagon. We are going to strap you in so there is no chance of you falling off! Enjoy this ride, it’s the ride of & for your life.
    My hair got very thin too. Don’t know if it was the metformin or the worry over my mum’s health. Probably both. I found a great hairdresser who listened & I used kind hair products. I had to stop worrying & I cut my hair short. It’s much better now & the style suits me. Took about a year to improve. There are great wigs if I need one! My mum was Type 2 & her hair went very thin too! Probably the meds. Worrying won’t help, so stop.

Do this for you. Never mind anyone else. Get healthy, get well.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Slimchance,
    Welcome to the forums. You’ll find all of the diet buddies and support you need right here.
    Just a thought – there are many causes of thinning hair – if you haven’t already done so, mention it to your GP next appointment.
    Oh, and the turning fifty thing……life begins at 50!
    Best wishes.

• posted by Slimchance
    on

Hi thepolly, Eureka and Switzerland,
    Thanks for your replies and best wishes. Oh I’m so so ready and with support like this who knows I might even enjoy it. Let’s hope my wig doesn’t come off whilst on the Roller coaster Eureka!
    Thanks again, Slimchance x

Please log in or register to post a reply.