Preparation for the diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jules
    on

I am type 2 . I have completed the Newcastle diet in 2013, using the shakes and veg on Professor Taylor’s website. It worked really well and until recently I have kept my hb1ac levels below the medication threshold and my diabetes under control with diet and exercise alone. However recently after a bout of illness, I have put on some weight and done less exercise. I am currently preparing to do it again using the diet sheets in Dr Moseley’s excellent book. I am trying out some of the recipes in advance of my doctors appointment later this week , so can I make a few suggestions…A shopping list for each week of the diet plans would be super useful, I will start making one of my own before starting , as the ingredients are necesarily many and varied. I am using a kindle version of the book and a live link between the diet sheets and each of the recipes would save a lot of book marking or flicking backwards and forwards.
    I know how lucky I am to be diagnosed at a time when a realistic option for controlling the progression and even reversing my diabetes are available to me. I look forward to making a start very soon .

• posted by Hedds
    on

Hello Jules,
    I agree a shopping list would be an advantage, it took me a long time to work out what I needed and then do the online shop. On the plus side today I cleaned out my cupboards ready for the new items. I have put a all the children’s food goodies into one cupboard at the opposite end of the kitchen to where I prepare food. This should help me stay away from the chocolate.
    It’s good to know from someone with firsthand experience that the BSD does work.
    Good luck

Hedds

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

It would have been helpful to have an approximate list of as many of the appropriate foods as possible in the book rather than needing to look them up.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I love your attitude Jules! I agree we are lucky to be in a time and place where we have the knowledge to do something about it. There was a period (maybe 1800s?) when diabetics were told to drink lots of sugar to replace all the sugar they were losing in their urine. They must have progressed pretty fast on that advice.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Jules
    Good luck with it. I’m about to start.
    I also have the kindle version of the book. I ve discovered that if you highlight something it then shows up in Notes which makes it very easy to find. Hope this helps.
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.