Prebiotic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gill
    on

Would anyone have suggestions as to what might be the best prebiotic to take?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Gill, if you means the little yoghurts full of ‘good’ bacteria then the answer is none. Proven that the 10 million bacteria they provide is not enough and will not survive the gut acid, the churning and chemical blast. Apparently you need 10 time more. This is all according to Dr M who has now written a book on gut health. Try making chimchi (excuse spelling) or sauerkraut but also eat foods that naturally contain bacteria like cheese, wine, chocolate – not allowed, think again. I have one square of 80% chocolate every evening and Dr M recommends the odd glass of wine. Google gut health and Dr M and you might find a better explanation.

PS, I think he does recommend a pill of sorts.

• posted by Gill
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl, Thank you for your reply. However, I think what you are talking about are probiotics and I am asking about prebiotics. Thanks again. Gillian

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Gill, sorry misread. What about Jerusalem artichokes, they pass through the gut without breaking down fully, there are lots of high fibre foods. Personally never take pills, when you are already on 9 a day plus injections it can put you off taking anything else.

Please log in or register to post a reply.