Positive vibes needed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Hungry, hungry, hungry!! However, am delaying lunch so that there isn’t such a big gap between that and dinner as I’m finding afternoons difficult (it’s Day 11 for me).

Positive vibes are needed for me and I’m sure others so I have two tasks for you:

1) Give a tip or trick that helped you or you think others would benefit from

2) Tell me something positive that has come out of you doing the 800 diet (that isn’t simply weight loss or high blood sugar reversal)

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Mine…

1) UK PEOPLE – LIDL has a sale on Sunday on Sports equipment. I plan to go get a yoga mat and some weights 😉

2) My skin has completely cleared up. Normally I have at least one spot on my face and sometimes I have so many, you’d think I was 17 not 37. However, not a spot in sight. I didn’t even need to get the coverstick out this morning (as whilst I don’t tend to wear make-up, I do try to make the spots less obvious). Anyway I’m really happy about that.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay here goes …..

1) If you are struggling to get to the next meal, sacrifice a few calories to a tea or coffee with cream or coconut milk, as the fat will help to tide you through.

2) I sleep better and have more energy.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

1) I kept looking at a photo of me when I was slim and visiting Paris, and battled on thinking I MUST get to that again

2) I no longer awake each morning with a splitting headache

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Hi both – thanks for answering. It’s doing a good job in distracting me.

SunnyB – I’m trying to make myself drink Lemon and Ginger tea (unfortunately I dislike tea or coffee) but that won’t help the fat thing. Maybe I should try a couple of olives… Actually I have noticed I’m sleeping better – or at least not getting up to pee early in the morning! That’s definitely something to be positive about.

Baristagirls – ooh nice idea. I will go through my photos soon and find one. There’s actually one I love a lot where my weight was where I want to be now and that too was taken in Paris! And that’s a very positive outcome – I hate headaches, especially first thing int he morning!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

There are so many yummy teas out there, so don’t force yourself to drink one you hate! I have a redbush tea with vanilla that is very nice and can be drunk with cream too. If you need a small ‘hit’ of fat to get you through to the next meal, you could try a small cube of cheese instead of cream added to a drink. Or you could have a hot chocolate made with 200ml unsweetened almond milk, 4g cacao powder and 6g vanilla protein powder for approx. 60cals and just 2g carbs.

You’ll soon find though, that you rarely get those pesky hunger pangs and needing something to tide you over will not be an issue.

Keep going – it’s so worth it!

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

1) I drink water, and if I’m really hungry peppermint or liquorice and peppermint tea. The hot drinks seem to fill me up more.

2) I’m not bloated or windy anymore. I didn’t realise how awful it was until it stopped – I was living with constant abdominal pain and I just thought it was normal!

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Thanks SunnyB and ShrinkMe81 – great tips and observations.

Please log in or register to post a reply.