Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On a mission
    on

I love that you are all liking the butter analogy. It really helps to keep things in perspective when you think you haven’t lost as much as you would like. Especially when we are losing fat not fluids. Had a lovely time in Edinburgh- did fairly well food wise and walked miles. Scales tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s not too much damage.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My positives for today are:
    1. Discard of 600g since last week
    2. A fishtail skirt fits well, no bulges which wouldn’t zip up last week
    3. I am getting up to run before breakfast, with no hunger pangs.

I have been keeping my food diary meticulously, but not every day. I am still staying with 800/50 cal/carb but I am weighing myself only every 7 days, and am under less stress. As I have energy to burn, I enjoy getting up to run; that is new, and long may it continue.

These are the only things that I am doing differently, I’m still having an occasional day with 90g carbs and 1,200 cals but I really like the 800.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Early positives for me are:
    (a) this morning I am 75kg (11st 8lbs)
    (b) I have tidied up a number of “corners” in the house – where I had developed a blind spot to the stuff sitting there
    (c) when combined with my “doing a Duckie” on cupboards and drawers, my house is looking neater, just like my bottom in my new jeans.
    If the sun could put in an appearance in London that would be even better.
    CG, how is Bath? It really is a beautiful place (my Mum lives there – she is Great Pulteney Street).

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Just done my first 5k run since June last year. Not exactly skipping but I did it.
    Sixt I’m going to follow your good example and get to cleaning and tidying out those corners. Friends are cat sitting next week, so now more procrastinating.
    After all the rain the last few days the town is looking lovely and clean.
    Happy Monday

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Skipping, nice job on the run.. and a Happy Monday to you!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Patricia ! You are going to look so fabulous in Sardinia 😉 Turkeys ! Great result ! I am looking forward to being 11 stone something ! I haven’t had the urge to spring clean just yet.Need some sun here too so we can fling the windows open. But then I will just feel like taking my Kindle into the garden 😉
    Skipping, well done on your 5k run, I am very impressed. Keep going Greengal
    Glad you enjoyed Edinburgh , On a mission .

Positives for today …we made over 1.000€ profit for Red Nose Day at school.
    I found some more pre loved tops at a car boot yesterday , all in lovely condition and from well known French brands, and cheapo too !! I am not buying anything new these days.
    Another extended fast begins today.
    Have a great week everyone !

• posted by alliecat
    on

Skipping, that’s quite an accomplishment! Cudos to you 🙂
    Wendy, it sounds as though your charity drive was uber successful!!! This can only be a fantastic experience for the
    kids that you teach 🙂 There is a real shift to a narcissistic way of looking at life these days, and your efforts to inject
    an awareness of those in need is a true positive…which is why it merits a post on this thread 🙂 🙂 🙂 Yay!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Evening all

So my 3 for today are as follows

1. I have completed my first week of the BSD! Phew not as hard as I thought🤣

2. I have fasted 18hrs today and am trying to find things to add to my dinner to make my total calories 800!

3. Completed 2 dog walks with a step count 12646😁.

I hope all you guys have had a fab day today, may all your positive thoughts and discards continue. 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

18 hours is a great start Birdy ! Well done you ! Fasting is a useful tool and it’s part of my weekly routine now although I mix up the duration.I mentioned this on the new weekly thread. You are doing well because you haven’t had any of the unpleasant side effects of transitioning to low carb. xx That’s brilliant

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Wendleg it has just proved what I kinda knew that my body works better with a higher protein to carb ratio. I am truly ecstatic with this WOE! I have never been good at dieting and I have always yo yo’d. I actually feel in control and I am looking forward to wearing a dress to the summer ball that I bought 3 years ago that has never fit me! It still has the labels on it, I bought some shoes to go with it and they have never fit on my fat feet either! But this summer they will.💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

GO FOR IT, Birdy!!! You have just the right spirit to make it happen 🙂

Allie

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Allie you guys have helped so much thank you 💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

P.S. Birdy I’m aware of your starting weight, so I have a little tip for you 🙂 Try to postpone buying any new shoes until
    you approach your target weight. Our feet shrink too when we have a lot of weight to lose. I was flabbergasted by this
    discovery too. I went down 1 1/2 shoe sizes! Previously, I thought that once my feet had been stretched, they would
    never return to normal again. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Quite a lovely NSV 🙂 (non scale victory)

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I told my partner this and he said we don’t lose weight on our feet! I knew we did as I have had it in the past but nothing like a size, it was just that fitted better. No the shoes I am on about I bought 4 years ago and have always been too small for me. They are a very small six. They are also from a limited stock I think only 50 or so pairs were made so I hope I don’t have to try and hunt for a smaller size when I have completed my 8 weeks and go on to maintaining. But thank you for the heads up Allie you truly are a star 🌟. 💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Turkeys – well done on all that tidying. I should definitely be following your example, but have yet to find the motivation.
    Skipping – excellent result, completing the 5k.
    wendleg – brilliant result for red nose day. Like you, I’ve love to get a ‘pre-loved’ bargain, I can’t resist a snoop around a charity shop.
    Birdy – congrats on the 18hrs. You’ll soon be stretching that from time to time. This WOE gives you so much control, it’s not like diet programmes that set you up to fail, it’s a new lifestyle and one that is easily maintained. All power to you!

So, my positives for today ….
    1) Lunch with youngest daughter and her son, was lovely to catch up and have a good chat.
    2) Beautiful sunny spring day and the rain showers forcast didn’t happen.
    3) Bought a new bikini today that fits perfectly and is in very zingy colours – looking forward to wearing it very soon.

Only five sleeps to us leaving the country for our second home in Turkey …. soooo excited!
    This thread seems to be attracting lots of traffic at the moment and I really hope this will continue, as it gives us all a boost to read read of the little things that give each of us a little joy in even the most mundane day and in turn, lifts the readers spirits as well, so please be sure to share your positives too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I was told years ago, not to wear my favourite shoes when pregnant, as they would become stretched and be too big once the baby had arrived. Guess it’s the same principle at play.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I fell awkwardly, and have broken a bone in my ankle, and I’m back at home from outpatients.
    1. Only 3 hours including getting to and from hospital.
    2. The break is inline and should heal quickly.
    3. No crutch necessary as I have a boot.
    No running for some time, 😥 but I should be able to fly in 6 weeks, so I won’t miss my holiday.
    Hubby is cooking tonight, and I have a few things to cancel as I won’t be getting far for a while.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh no sorry to hear that Patricia1066😱. Hope you mend soon. But still liking your positive thoughts❤️ Take it easy and let your hubby spoil you💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh bugger bugger ( sorry for swearing) Patricia. JGwen knows a thing or two about ankle injuries.I hope you heal swiftly and are fully mobile for Sardinia. I sprained my ankle very badly one year a few days before a school trip to the Uk and hobbling around with my ankle strapped up was no joke. Do what you have to do..rest xx

OOH Sunny …a bikini !! FA BU LOUS !!!!!!!!
    We will be here keeping the thread alive while you are away but hope you can check in now and again xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

So sorry about your ankle, Patricia! You must feel relieved that the injury won’t interfere with your holiday, though.
    When we have a lot of decades behind us, even a small fall can really rattle us because we don’t see it coming. Take
    good care of yourself!

A bikini, Sunny? Wow, wow, wow! You are going to be quite the show stopper, lounging by that beautiful pool at
    your holiday home. We can all understand how excited you are to return to that lovely place. Warmth and sun are
    oh so appealing right now! ENJOY!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I forgot to post my three yesterday and I’m on a break mid-conference so going to do it now!
    1. Staying in a fancy hotel on Las Vegas strip and I’m not paying for it!
    2. Standing in a booth for 9 hours for the next four days so surely all the standing, fake smiling and pretending interest I. Software is burning calories!
    3. This is not my first rodeo so I know to wear flats and I’m very thankful when I see the newbies walking around in heels all day, walking like new born calves
    – sorry about your injury, Patricia, hope you heal fast!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin, your Kiwi origins are coming out in the anglo dry wit…I hope the booth is roomier than the term might suggest…all best!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

SixTurkeys – it’s really not that bad. Massive convention center with lots of exhibitors so the booths are quite open plan. We have a small closet with a mini fridge and shelves so I just go in there when I need a time out! Thank you for reading between the lines and seeing my tongue in cheek humor!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin, glad to hear you have some breakout space. And I love dry wit! It is to my mind much the most subtle and indicative of a great mind! Otherwise, anyone else worried about possible bots on here?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Six turkeys do you mean robots on here?

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

well with a minute between question and answer on unconnected threads, yes I do.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

So sorry to read about your accident Patricia but glad it won’t affect your holiday. I’ve had to wear the boot before when I broke a bone in my foot so I know how frustrating it can be…..although it’s much better than having a cast! Take care and let everyone spoil you. 😁

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Please tell me you are not getting paranoid 6T? I don’t get what you mean though about question and answers on unconnected threads sorry. 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Birdy76, wonderful that the fast went well. It feels so good when it all comes together.
    SunnyB, a bikini body and spending a few months in turkey, wow and wow.
    Thanks for your kind thoughts, birdy76, Allie Kafin and Wendleg, I’m doing very well now. I’m going to rest, and make sure that the foot gets no new twists!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

No I am not paranoid – but your use of that term says everything I – and maybe others- need to know. Glad I tested.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Now I feel all funny? Did you really think I was a robot? I just have all threads on one screen on my iPad so I can answer questions quite quickly. Sorry if you felt that way 6T😢

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

just go away.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I am sorry you feel that way but I have done nothing wrong and for the first time in my life I have managed to find a community that is supportive in a way I have never had when trying to fight my personal battle with obesity and weight loss.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Birdy
    I have been watching and reading these supportive forums for the first three weeks of my journey, and have loved all the helpful info and camaraderie.
    But I now just registered and logged in for the first time as I felt I had to jump up and SUPPORT you!
    Take no notice of the negativity Birdy. I can see absolutely no issues with your posts, and I value you contributions here. Please don’t go anywhere!!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow thank you MerryMelba and May I say a huge welcome and glad you have taken the plunge and joined up. I am very new too just one week and loving it. The people in here are absolutely amazing and to me they are guru’s, yet real people who have been through or are going trough one of the toughest things in life! People on here with T2 are just brilliant with what they are achieving even with the negative from the doctors and nurses. I promise you will not regret joining in. Don’t worry about me I have broad shoulders! Literally 🤣🤣❤️. Don’t forget to jump in on other threads and don’t worry no one is judgemental and no question is a stupid one. Good luck on your BSD journey my lovely💞🦜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Birdy’s not a bot, 6T. Her voice is way too idiosyncratic for that. It’s easy to post fast when you have multiple tabs open and/or use the Active Threads view. I visit quickly, blather up a storm in a bunch of threads then go about my business. Blather, rinse, repeat, you might say. 😉

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Scottishgal, the forum didn’t show your post til I refreshed it later. The boot is great, so much better than the plaster cast.
    I will need to do some upper body strength moves to keep up the momentum.

on

Kanfin, your booth sounds more luxurious than I thought ; a fridge and shelves! You comment about people teetering around on high heels reminded me of my quick trip to the supermarket yesterday. I am quite a people watcher ( nosey) and I noticed a woman of a similar age to me wearing at least 4 inch stilettos to do her weeekly shop. She was practically skipping around. I now walk like a female impersonator when wearing anything other than wedges or trainers. It set me to thinking about how French woman really are quite different to us brits.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Essie, I am not one, I really don’t think that no matter how clever bots are that they would talk about their child with ADHD and how this WOE eating is helping their son. My son is my world and anything that helps him and me cope with his mental health is a big win for me. 💞🦜

• posted by Verano
    on

“I’ve been re-reading our bible (the BSD book lol) and as happens with books you find bits you missed and forgotten about. One of the snippets I came across today was MM suggesting that at the end of every day to think of 3 good things that happened today. So things that went well, things that made you happy or proud, any positive thought. In order to focus on the positive rather than a negative. So I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could all share our 3 good thoughts, and cheer each other up on bad days.”
    Please can we carry on in the spirit that Izzy intended when she first started this thread with these words nearly three years ago.
    I love coming to this thread to read about life’s little, of sometimes huge, pleasures. I always smile when I read the positives so can we please keep making people feel good and smile.
    I have had a few ‘bad’ or maybe low days so I really need to find those three positives…..
    1. A last minute lunch out with friend on Sunday which was far better than getting my ironing up to date.
    2. Have finally tried a couple of dresses to see if they needed shortening….. they don’t!
    3. Today is going to be a good one….
    Stay positive!

• posted by Artful Owl
    on

Good morning! I don’t post very often as I’m not a big social media person but I felt so positive this morning that i thought I’d add my 3 thoughts for the day.
    1. All my veg and flowers seeds planted 3 weeks ago in my greenhouse are now poking through….. even the tricky celeriac! I’ll be a busy bee in there soon “potting on”.
    2. My disabled daughter is feeling a little better and is starting to eat a little more , which always lifts my mood too.
    3. Week 3 completed today for both myself and my OH , we’ve each shed 13lb and are really enjoying our new WOE. We even managed a night away in the Loire for his birthday, forgetting the carbs and alcohol for one night. I never thought I’d see him eat fish without batter or fast for 16 hours, I’m very proud of him as he’s so enthusiastic about his new lifestyle and logs his cals and carbs every day.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I agree, V. Reading this thread is how I like to begin my day, and more or less think of it as “my home thread”. But
    you probably already know that 🙂 Telling someone to “just go away” isn’t what this forum is about, and most
    particularly not this thread. Please stay with us, Birdy. You’ve found an entire community here that finds you
    delightful! Your enthusiasm is contageous, and wonderful for the community. My spelling is abysmal, sorry!

Allie

on

Good Morning
    1 . Just had a lovely chat to my friend I’ve not seen for 6 months.
    2. Cleaned out the fridge and freezer. The result being clean fridge and meals planned for today.
    3. I am going to make my teenagers go for a walk in the beautiful sunshine with me. We will all be happy and smiley just like an advert.
    Isitive number three maybe be due to inhaling cleaning products .

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Allie this is my go to thread first thing in the morning too, I live basking in people’s happiness and trying to add some myself. I am not going anywhere I can assure you. You guys have been my rock(sorry the cliche) but it is true. We all have off days and things can sometimes seem Like something they are not. We are taking a leap of faith and we are all taking that we are female/male when we say we are, but we could be anyone. I am really a big hairy biker chief🤣🤣🤣. No not really I am a 16s13lb female, 44yrs old, I live in the south east of England with my partner, my lovely son and my two fur babies 🐕. I love it here.

So my early morning three are!

1. I have discarded another lb today.

2. I have you amazing people spurring me on.

3. We have another fur baby coming to stay for the rest of the week.

Hope you have a fab day Allie and again thank you 🌟❤️ Birdy💞

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Tulips you really do make me wet my pants with laughter🤣🤣🤣🤣 loving your anolgy❤️🤣. 💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Verano, Allie, all avian posters, and everyone else! ….. Just back from a lovely few days in Vienna. Three positives:
    1) despite some apple strudel and sachertorte, I did not put on any more weight. Must have been all the walking round art galleries and museums! And I didn’t go mad.
    2) now ready to relaunch properly, and it’s Tuesday so I’ll join the new thread
    3) the sound of blackbird song in the garden. Gorgeous.

I hope your day is brighter Verano! Happy Tuesday.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi everyone,
    Patricia, good to hear that you are going straight to the boot stage with your broken ankle. I only had problems because keeping my foot immobile and not weight bearing for 6 months was the only way to prevent the need for operations and plates and screws to rebuild my ankle, and it was the side effect of the treatment that caused the problem.
    6turkeys, I do the same as Birdy is doing, I use the lastest posts option on the forum so pop up on different threads during the same session. (Birdy, you may not realise that there has been a recent development of some people trying to market their restaurant by putting up strange posts, which may be why 6T was thinking about bots targetting the forum, but I agree with others that your joy of life is not the norm for a bot.)
    I had a number of positives come out of an experiences yesterday, witnessing the very different reactions of the animals to 2 different people. – One person raised just a couple of barks from the dogs, and the goat was straight over looking for fuss, while a ewe who had only recently given birth carried on grazing near by. The other, the dogs went mad and took a lot of time to settle after they left, and all the grazing animals went to the furtherest point in the fields, not even the greedy goat wanted anything to do with them. –

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hi all
    just catching up on the forum and enjoying how positive everyone is on here. Skipping, you really make laugh and Birdy, your post are awesome.
    21) Lovely time in Edinburgh, didn’t gain any weight despite a few treats, a couple of drinks and a stop at my favourite Italian (carb nightmares) restaurant.
    2) the sun is shining and I’ve finally sorted out the spare room
    3) Had to buy some new jeans as my others were falling off me. The scales don’t appear to be going down too much but clearly I’m loosing weight.

Have a great week all, fingers crossed for those of us who weigh in on Friday.

I’m going to make sure I enjoy the rest of my time off before heading back to work next week.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you JGwen I was more worried that I had rally upset someone which would never by my intention. 6T has been so helpful and insightful since I started on here and hope that she will be ok and still dish out those lovely nuggets. You are all really lovely and I am very grateful to you all. 💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sadly, there seems to have been some friction on this thread yesterday, but I’m pleased to see that Allie, Essneca and Verano have been doing what they can to pour oil on troubled waters and to remind us all the purpose of this particular thread.
    As many others have commented, this thread is my go to page and very important to me. Reading the positives everyone finds in even the most ordinary day, is uplifting and inspiring and gives us all something good to reflect on. I fervently hope that we can continue in that vain and the upset of yesterday can be resolved and consigned to history.
    On a personal note, here are three positives from my little corner of the world ….
    1) Almost all the packing organised, just a few bits to throw in last thing.
    2) OH had last therapy session and it walking tall again.
    3) Nice long phone chat with old friend.
    Remember …. this thread is about positives folks, so please get posting some.

Please log in or register to post a reply.