Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good evening, everyone 🙂 I guess that I never want to forget about “morbidly obese Allie” or from whence I came…
    I sat back on my heels today, after retrieving something from under the bed, thinking about the changes in
    my ability to function today vs. yesterday. Here are just a few!

1. Today I can skip down or up a flight of stairs, without having to take them one at a time, or use 2 handrails to
    half pull myself along until I reached the top, rendered somewhat breathless.

2. Today I can look under the bed and get up again without having to hook my elbows on top of the mattress to
    try and lever myself to an upright position. No more shaking thigh muscles.

3. Today I can get up or sit down in an upholstered livingroom chair without using the armrests, or without
    some sort of groaning “agghh” issuing forth from my mouth, or my face getting red.

Wishing you all a great night and a tomorrow with positives surrounding you!

Allie

Gratitude is an element to be practiced daily, and the BSD is simply one part of it. Getting to know all of
    you is another.

Have a wonderful night

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sorry, don’t know what happened there…….

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW! lovely positives and pleased to see it’s not just you and me SunnyB! Yes I too adore spring and daffodils etc. We planted some around a tree outside the front of the house a few years ago and as soon as they start to ‘sprout’ I feel lighter with a spring in my step. Daughters, yes they are a joy, well most of the time! Glad you had a good day with yours SunnyB. Nothing like the ‘smell’ of a new car… drive safely Jackie.

Allie, gratitude, what a lovely word. You brought a tear to my eye with your positives. I remember that place so well and whilst I still have a way to go I had forgotten what it was like in the ‘old fat days’. I am thankful to be where I am today.

Yesterday ….
    1. Without my ipad I resorted to my jigsaw…. not really any more productive but it was peaceful being alone lost in my hobby.
    2. Got around to trying on some clothes. There was good news and bad news. I can now wear light coloured trousers, good news, but, bad news, all that mirror gazing has made me realise just how ‘fat’ I still am! Still at least I know what I need to do and just how to do it.
    3. My life is so boring at the moment that number three has to be restraint …. I opened a bar of 90% but only had two squares. Result.
    We have a very light sprinkling of snow at the moment so lovely to look at through the window from the warmth of the house! Have a good day.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I’ve missed posting on here, so am going to restart! Even though I haven’t been contributing, I enjoy reading everyone’s posts each morning.
    I love daffodils too, along with irises they are my favourite flowers.
    My 3 positives:
    1. I went to a Pilates class yesterday and really enjoyed it.
    2. After a few up and down weeks I now feel that I’ve regained some control and am in the right headspace to continue on with BSD and work towards my goal.
    3. I’ve started to record some daily positives again!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to read your positives SueBlue. Yes, irises are lovely – I especially like the miniature ones.

Feel like I’ve had a productive day today, so here are my positives:

1) Prepped the bedrooms for our weekend guests.
    2) Got a couple of loads of laundry done.
    3) Made some more yummy almond crackers, adding caraway in this time.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Just one positive from me today, but it’s a really big one so it counts for at least three. My bff’s sister has struggled with her weight for years. She’s short like me and is has been morbidly obese for years due to weight gain from successive pregnancies that she was unable to lose. She has a history of disordered eating, had gestational diabetes and is pre-diabetic now. Her doctor has been pushing strongly for bariatric surgery and she was placed on the scary diet pre-surgical diet plan where you can only sip tiny amounts of water, have to attend prep classes, get counseling and learn how to eat with a permanently mutilated digestive system that is designed to reduce your caloric intake by keeping you malnourished for life .

I told her my story and explained how the BSD revolutionized my body and mind. She was so resigned and her doctor so insistent that she moved forward with the bariatric plan and began attending the classes. What she learned there so horrified her that she decided to try the BSD first. She lost 8 pounds in the first week and is now committed to the Fast 800 before even considering going through with the surgery. She sees a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years, and has enthusiasm for miles. It’s so wonderful I get choked up just thinking about it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yep, that is definitely worth at least three positives – a wonderful story Esnecca, you have definitely given someone desperate real hope. Sounds like she possibly needed to be between a rock and a hard place, to be spurred into taking control for herself and you have given her the tools she needs to do that. I know you will be inspiring and mentoring her going forward, so that she has support to get her to the end zone.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Oh yes, I am so happy for her and keen to provide her all the support she can use. We email multiple times a day, and I’ve already sent her a pile of recipes, as I’m sure you can imagine. 😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You’ll have her modelling your jackets and boots in no time, Esnecca!

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Essie, that is absolutely worth 3 positives. I think we all dream of influencing someone at risk like that. You should be both proud of yourself but even more realize that you may have saved someone’s life. Seriously. I concure with your characterization of a “mutilated digestive system”. Only to end up eating less than you would be doing on BSD, and with considerable the pain, the recovery time, and the cost to boot.

I may make up fliers to stick under people’s car windshield wipers that are parked in barriatric surgeon’s parking lots. Just need to refer them to check out this forum and simply consider what this WOL might do for them.

On a small positive note my brother (who is having shoulder surgery…same one) has been lean all his life. He has picked up a meer 5 – 8 extra lbs but around his waist. But is a vegetarian and has the same bowl of crappy Kelloggs cereal for breakfast every day of the year.

Played MM’s video on Eat, Fast & Live Longer. His a non-cooker (except for eggs and boiling pasta). Convinced him to at least switch to steel cut oats. Then bought him a copy of MM’s 5:2 Diet book and sent it to him.

He is now fasting one day and week and cutting down on carbs. And making his own steel cut oatmeal from scratch. Yeah! Small victories. Has lost his 5 lbs and committed to keeping up the fasts at least once a month for the other health benefits that provides.

Changing the world one waistline at a time.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Essie, what a magnificent story to share! I know that with you mentoring her, failure will never be an option…
    You are completely up to the task at hand, but we’d all be delighted to help support her if joining our community is
    something that might appeal to her? I’m sure that you’ve also watched the U.S. tv program, “My 600lb life”. I’d be
    willing to try anything before getting railroaded into bariatric surgery. I have so much compassion for all of
    those desperate people on the show. What is the most discouraging part is that only 5% succeed long term
    in keeping the weight off. I don’t like “them odds!”

• posted by Verano
    on

Esnecca what can I say you really are an inspiration to us all, and if you can help just one person to “see the light”, then you have truly succeeded in spreading this wonderful way of life.

I saw a TV program about people having bariatric surgery who were not ‘hyperobese’ but they were put on an 800 calorie a day diet pre surgery. They all lost weight and blood sugars came down, so they could control their eating when they tried! I thought to myself why do you want to deprive yourself of one of life’s pleasures forever, because, actually, with the right WOE you could not only lose weight, but also control so many other health issues which result from obesity.

I know someone who had bariatric surgery and yes she has probably lost half her body weight, but, she no longer enjoys food, she has enough loose skin to make a new person, she has to cover-up even in the summer because of the way she looks. Where is the fun in that? Give me a healthy low carb meal anyday! In a strange way the way she looks now holds me back from more weight loss because I would hate to look like her. Maybe I’m wrong but think it’s something in my subconscious mind.

Anyway, I digress. Well done Esnecca on ‘saving’ a life that’s certainly worth a great deal more than three positives.

Wishing you friend only a good outcome but with you as a mentor she WILL make it!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

LTC – love that phrase – “Changing the world one waistline at a time.” Think that should be a mission we all adopt.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

‘ello peeps!

1) I no longer have a sore swollen throat.
    2) I can breath through my nose.
    3) I love reading everyone’s posts on this forum.

Esnecca…you are epic…nuff said.

Take care everyone.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. Forgot to post my positives yesterday just got carried away with the humdrum things in life. Glad you’re feeling better Nonna Mary.

So my three for yesterday….
    1. Got my iPad back fully functioning again.
    2. Had a friend call so had a good ‘girlie’ chat.
    3. Made arrangements for a Thai meal out with friends later in the week.

Hope Thursday is full of positives for us all.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

LTC, I love the fliers idea. If you do it, be sure to make it clear that you’re not selling a miracle cure like those MLM “ask me how to lose weight” creeps, but are evangelizing a way of eating that has worked so well for you and many others who were at their wits’ end. Maybe include one or two of your favorite, easiest recipes? If anything can reach folks who are in desperate straights, it will be your great recipes. 🙂

Allie, I have indeed watched the horror show that is “My 600LB Life.” When I was still in losing mode, I watched it as a “there but for the grace of Dr. Mosley go I” cautionary tale. It’s so dispiriting to think that only a tiny fraction of them will maintain their losses. I thinks it’s a testament to how much of a mental and emotional committment this is, much more so than a physical one. You can carve off as much of your stomach and intestine and you want, but if you don’t change your mental outlook, the stomach will just stretch back out and you’ll soon be hyper obese again only now with the added difficulty of chronic malnourishment, heartburn, scarring etc. I have told her about the forum but she’s so busy as a working mom of three she’s not quite up for it yet. We’ll see how she feels a little later down the line.

Verano, I’m so with you on the food enjoyment issue. Cooking and eating delicious food really are some of the great pleasures in life. She’s a big foodie too, an excellent cook dedicated to whole, organic foods made from scratch. Taking that away from her would be devastating. Your friend’s fate post-surgery sounds hellish to me. Anything I can do to help a single person from avoiding that I will do.

Mary, thank you so much. I’m glad you’re recovering from that rotten cold/flu.

Okay, new positives for the day:
    1) My cat is sleeping on my lap and she’s snoring softly. She sounds like a little piglet. It’s adorable.
    2) I dehydrated jalapenos for the first time and will put them in a lime and cacao nib trail mix with garlic and paprika coated Brazil nuts. It’ll be like eating a taco! Minus the actual taco. 🙂
    3) My bff sent me some arabica coffee her genius of a husband hand-roasted himself and it is phenomenally good. I’m enjoying a giant mug of it as we speak.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you’re feeling so much better Nonna. Ahhh, a snoring cat – how lovely! Our cat passed two years ago and I still miss having that additional heartbeat in the house. When we’re not travelling so much, we’ll get another cat, but meanwhile, we’ll just have a little share of our next door neighbour’s cat, who likes to come visiting.

My positives for today are:

1) Have had a busy day with prep for the w/e visitor – only a short list left for tomorrow now.
    2) W/e meals planned and grocery shopping done – just need to collect some ox cheeks from the butcher tomorrow.
    3) Had a video call with one of our Turkish friends – always good to catch up face to face.

Have a good evening everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow! Looks like I’m the only one posting positives today. That either means I’m the only one finding positives to post, or the only one sad enough not to have anything better to do on a Friday evening!

Anyway, I’m probably not going to get the opportunity to post over the next two days and probably only patchily next week, so here are my positives for today.

1) Got all the pre-guest chores completed in a couple of hours this morning.
    2) Had time to have a little play with the lovely new camera OH gave me for Christmas.
    3) Finally managed to shake off a niggly headache, which refused to budge all morning and well into the afternoon.
    4) Excited about youngest grand daughter arriving tomorrow evening, to spend half term week with us.

Have a wonderful w/e everyone. I’ll be back as and when time allows over next week.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Not sad, SunnyB. My excitement for the evening is waiting for my groceries to be delivered, and then the stimulation
    of unpacking them and putting them away 🙂 Enjoy your social weekend, and of course the precious time planned
    with your granddaughter!

Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m still here too just not had time today but ….

1. Saw my hip surgeon and he’s really happy with my progress at five months post-op. Even better if my other hip does develop a problem he thinks there may be a solution, whereas before we were told I probably couldn’t get another ‘repair’.
    2. Out with friends tonight for a lovely BSD friendly Thai meal.
    3. Just feeling generally happy.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello again. My positives today are….

1. Getting a new pair of trainers that are actually comfortable and look good!
    2. Spent the whole afternoon with our beautiful granddaughter of just 4 months of age. What a delightful age, but aren’t they all!
    3. It’s the first anniversary of reaching my 15% body weight loss and control of my T2, today. It took me several more months to ditch the medication under medical supervision, but hey ….. I’m medication free! My diabetes is in remission! What’s not to love about this WOL!!!

Have a good weekend!

• posted by Flick
    on

Oh Verano, that is such an important anniversary! Well done you. I’m going to try to find three positives every day, from within the depths of this tedious plateau and without moaning about my back. Here goes –

1. It is the mist beautiful crisp clear morning here and I’m off to a local farmer market to buy big bags of spinach and lovely farm fresh eggs

2. I’m making good progress in one of two embroideries I need to finish to complete a set of six that will hang in th upstairs hall

3. I enjoyed a lovely long catch up with a very dear old friend I see often these days and it is still making me smile.

• posted by JGwen
    on

My three positives for today are:-

1. I have started to have to hitch up my newest jeans because they are slightly loose.

2. Had a long chat with a friend that I haven’t spoken to for a while.

3. Had a good laugh when I realised why my dog isn’t as keen as he used to be about following me into the kitchen. To make sure I get the amounts entered into fat secret right, when I split up a packet of something over a number of days I make sure that the total weight entered adds up. Which means as I am counting the calories, I scrape out every little bit of the contents of the pots, so no more pots being put down in the kitchen for him to clean out.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Huge congratulations Verano! Of course I know of your stellar accomplishments in getting your T2D into
    remission, but an anniversary of one year is a big event. Really happy for you 🙂

Fight on, Flick! I know that it will happen for you…Have faith…We’ve all been there at one time or another,
    and often there is no rhymne or reason as to why a plateau hits. Bodies can be perverse things!

• posted by Flick
    on

Sorry, that meant to read “don’t see often these days”. Thanks Allie

• posted by Marsie
    on

Verano, what a wonderful anniversary for you. 🎊 🌹

I guess I’m one of those who have seen your progress and your milestones and the manner in which you’ve achieved them over your journey. You’re one of my heroes here, a considerable force for good and you have my admiration and best wishes for your continued good health xx Marilyn

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh thank you all. I can’t believe it myself. I’m not sure how many years they say you have to have controlled BS for before you’re ‘cured’ but at least I’m travelling down that path! Marilyn you are far too kind, but if my journey and ramblings have helped others then I can only be happy. As I have said so many times in the past, without all my fellow travellers I would never have achieved ‘remission’, nor still be travelling on the ‘road’ to success, even if it does get a bit bumpy from time to time! Have a positive day everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone. I think I’m finding it easier to post day by day instead of ‘sleeping on it’ and trying to remember. So for today…

1. Almost finished my jigsaw. The weather here had been atrocious today so a perfect day to stay indoors in the warm puzzling.
    2. Have actually found a comfortable pair of tailored trousers. They are so good I’m ordering more in different colours!
    3. Have had a few days of high calories, still moderate carb, but today I will be within my allowance.
    So all good for me today and I hope for you too. If not there’s still time to find some positives!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just popping in again, have been reading all your motivational posts!

Congratulations Verano on your success, and well done to everyone for keeping on keeping on.

My three positives for today are

1. My SIL, after having had several years of illness (chronic fatigue syndrome) is now feeling strong enough to have a go to lose a bit of weight – she says she doesn’t want to feel ‘heavy’ (I know what she means), and has spent some time with me looking at MFP and finding out, to her astonishment, that whilst she ‘doesn’t eat a lot’ (no she doesn’t), what she has been eating has considerably more calorific (and carb) effect than she thought.
    She has concocted a few meals which are more BSD friendly (although not following the programme – I think it’s too calorie demanding in her state of health, and not really required). After just a couple of weeks, she’s 2 lb down but (more importantly) 3 belt holes smaller.
    And enjoying it!
    2. She’s going to start cooking meals more in line with this way of eating, and just see how my brother gets on with it.
    3. Going to Spain on Tuesday with my son, and looking forward to some mid teens temperatures and the lovely bright Andalucian skies. There will be tapas!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Gosh, and I forgot to add that I am down to 126lbs this morning, which is just a smidge over my original target of 123lbs. Mirror shows the effect, I notice 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Almost the end of the w/e and although it’s been busy, it has been pleasant and good to catch up with friends in person and not just via email. Going to post some positives for the w/e rather than specifically for today, as I have been feeling grim for most of it. Had a couple of small cocktails last night and although I’d made sure to be well hydrated, I felt awful tis morning and it took most of the day to shake off.

1) Caught up with old friends.
    2) 7yr old grand daughter arrived to stay for the week.
    3) Managed to grab some one to one time with my lovely DIL last evening.

Not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, as I have had a couple of days ‘off piste’ and fully expect ramifications on the scales.

• posted by Flick
    on

Heellloooooo from the plaaaateeeaaau 🙋‍♀️

1. It’s Monday and I’m still retired
    2. I have some soaked almonds and lovely Australian walnuts in the dehydrator
    3. I have a load of homegrown basil to make pesto today

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Verano, finding trousers you like is a HUGE postive! I do the same thing….if I find something that fits well (ideally both flattering AND comfortable) I buy multiples….usually in navy, black and gray. Since I have dropped several sizes as soon as I find something I like I hurry and order another set in the next size down. I get a substantial portion of my excercise each week trying on the smaller size and seeing how close we are getting to a full fit (measured in distance of the button to the buttonhole without straining) LOL.

And a huge “that’a girl” on your loss / TD2 control and anniversary !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Surprised to find myself first to post on this thread today, but here goes:

1) Another sunny, if crisp, day here.
    2) Made a delicious ox cheek casserole on Saturday which we finished it for dinner this evening.
    3) Lovely first day with our young grand daughter whose staying over for the week. Played games, started a jigsaw and did some crafts. More fun to be had tomorrow!

Hope everyone has been having a good day with lots of positives. Hope to read about them soon.

• posted by Flick
    on

Here are some positives from me –

1. Fun day ahead preparing for a trip into the mountains on the weekend.
    2. The physio I’m doing for my back, which has me taking my body weight on knees and alternate hands, is resulting is much improved biceps and triceps! Bonus
    3. I’ve ordered a Kimchi Crock

• posted by marie123
    on

My positives are:

1) I had my review with the trainer at the end of my exercise on prescription programme today (although they’re actually letting me stay on until 31st March). All the measurements etc taken in October were re-taken and all my results were really good. I was delighted but the trainer was also clearly delighted – a win/win.
    2) We finally got to see the film The Post and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    3) The sun was shining and it was a lovely crisp, cold winter’s day. Lovely.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. Sorry time ran away with me yesterday and I didn’t post. Yes LTC they are exactly the colours I have or on order! I think you mentioned a cheese sauce on another thread. How to you make a low carb cheese sauce?

So back to yesterday…..
    1. Lots of daffodils in flower… can spring really be on the way!
    2. Finished my jigsaw!!! Can’t start another one yet because I become so engrossed more important things get put on the back burner.
    3. Tried on some swimwear and it fits! I no longer look like a beached whale maybe a penguin! Still work to be done but getting there.
    Have a positive day everyone.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Congratulations from me also, Verano, on reaching your anniversary!

My positives…

1 – had a great skype chat at long last with Alliecat on Sunday evening and now I know what she looks like! Glamorous, let me tell you! It was wonderful! 🙂
    2 – Mornings are getting lighter and evenings not quite so dark when driving home, phew, makes such a difference!
    3 – Am enjoying the Winter Olympics but feel sorry for the knees of people doing the mogul event!

Have a good day all 🙂

Kazzeexx

• posted by JackieM
    on

1. Jason Fung – finally had time and inclination to listen to message – and what a message! Has clarified thinking after some confusion because of my cholesterol results.

2. Watching children ski beautifully

3. Good friend helped out and will collect dog from Dogsitter because I have messed up arrival date times. So kind!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

1. I moisturized head to toe with a hardcore body cream after my shower this morning. I usually barely bother to do hands and face, but it’s been so cold and my skin is suffering so I committed to the full treatment, spending 5 minutes rubbing it in thoroughly. Between the richness of the cream and the full massage, it made me feel terrific. It was almost meditative. I’m doing this at least once a week going forward.

2. I’ve signed up for a hot yoga class. I’ve been too scared to try yoga because balance is not my strong suit, but that’s the whole point of doing it, right? To improve balance and coordination? So I’m going to face my fear and warm my perpetually cold bones at the same time. Friday is my first class.

3. I’m wearing a bright turquoise turtleneck today that my mom discovered during an archaeological dig in the closet. The last time I wore it I was 16. It’s warm, fits great (a little looser now than when I was a teenager) and such a happy color.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good for you on the yoga class Essie.

Well done Verano.

Kazz – lucky you and Allie. Bet you are both glamorous 😉

My positives. ……….

1) Finally settled back home after 1400 mile round trip mercy dash to Rosshire.

2) Bought my first new swimsuit – a tankini – in 20 years. It’s bright turquoise and I feel so great in it that I have ordered another one in a different colour.

3) Had eye test and fitting for new pair of RGP contacts today, and my prescription hasn’t changed yet again 😀 Has now been over 25 years since it changed and, at 68, I still don’t need reading glasses 😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another good day here, so these are my positives:

1) Had fun crafting with my little grand daughter. We’ve been decorating polystyrene eggs and making pompom birds to go on our Easter trees,
    2) The sun popped out this afternoon and we were able to go for a walk.
    3) Decided to stop stressing about losing another 4lb.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello all. Thanks Kazz. I read this thread this morning but have only just sat down. Thank you all for making me smile and giving me a good start to the day. Well said SunnyB glad you have stopped stressing. Theo lovely to hear from you and hope all is well now. Essie your no1 sounds like something we could all use! JackieM haven’t got round to Jason Fung yet ….. maybe one day!

So for me yesterday was a mess as I had so many things on my mind so …
    1. I wrote a list and got through a good part of it today.
    2. Still can’t believe my ‘roots’ could last another couple of weeks. Think my hair has stopped growing …. is that a positive!
    3. Have a friend joining us for dinner tonight so I have ‘cooked’ and enjoyed it.

For those who celebrate Valentines hope it’s been a lovely day, for those who don’t hope it’s been another day with at least 3 positives!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry you’ve had so much on your mind, V. Nothing too serious I hope?

My positives. ………

1) Finished a 60 hour fast today, embarked upon because I was feeling tired and bloated, to find the scales registered a 6lb loss this morning 😨 Not sure this actually counts as a positive as I was already sitting happily 7lbs under target, but I now feel thoroughly energised again, and have lots and lots of wriggle room.

2) Went out for lovely birthday lunch (hers, not mine) with my bestie and, in view of (1) above, felt entitled to share a bottle of delicious red wine with her.

3) My new swimsuits, mentioned in yesterday’s post above, arrived today and I love them. I actually only mentioned ordering one but I bought a selection of 3 so that I could try on at home and see which one / colour I liked most and return the other 2, but love them all so being greedy and keeping them all. Now all I need is a good summer………

• posted by JGwen
    on

1. This list, in particular today, Thank you for the links to the Jason Fung video, and starting me reading again about fasting. I had been puzzling about why a standard cal counting diet would result in a slow down in metabolism while a 16:8 fast with 800 cals wouldn’t and if there was a limit on the period of 16:8 fasting linked to slow down of metabolic rate but I think I get it now. – Perhaps people with the book would be kind enough to confirm if I am right but I think its because the lower insulin levels from fasting and low carb mean that the body switches over to fat burning so doesn’t tip over into energy conservation.

2. I was complemented on the amount of weight I have lost by someone that I hadn’t seen for a while. – Even told I look 20 years younger.

3. I didn’t go into lecture mode when the same person started telling me how I will struggle to keep the weight off once I stop dieting because he had put all the weight back and some more when he came off his diet.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! It must be wonderful to see the first evidence of Spring pushing
    through the soil. It’s going to be awhile for us here in New England! 🙂

Hot yoga represents a committment, E. Good for you. My brother in law makes the same his
    priority every sat. and sun., and loves it!

Theo, you’ve chosen my favorite color for your tankini! Are you planning to entertain at hotel
    Theodora in all of these suits this summer, or do you have a trip to the islands on the horizon?
    Good grief, a 60 hr. fast. I tip my fedora to you 🙂 I’m miles from that kind of achievement.

I’m still floating on a natural high from a skype session with Kazzi. Not only has she had a good
    1 1/2 hr. look at me, but I think she also got a pretty good view of my tonsils, as I was laughing
    most of the time. Great fun!

• posted by Theodora
    on

How wonderful to Skype each other, Allie – and I’m sure your tonsils are just as lovely as the rest of you 😃 Nothing makes one feel as good as a hearty belly laugh 😃 (uses an awful lot of calories too!)

My DiL loves hot yoga too. It’s never appealed to me as I HATE being hot 😱

Yes, Hotel Theodora is open for summer 18 bookings and is already almost fully booked😨 but the swimsuits are in preparation for our African trip in April. We’re going on safari, but in a luxury lodge with a pool, and our suite has a private hot tub and plunge pool😊 so if I didn’t want to scare the big game away by skinny-dipping, new swimwear was essential 😀

BTW Spring is well on it’s way here in Cornwall, with the countryside awash with snowdrops, primroses, daffodils and camellias, even a few azaleas are in flower in sheltered areas. Cornwall is at it’s very best in Spring, and it comes early here and lasts through to May. Just glorious – I love it, so this is my 4th positive 🌞🌞🌞

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Bought OH a valentine card about ten days ago, but do you think I could find it last night? Ended up making one, which was a poor substitute, but well received.

Sorry you hit ‘dynamic overload’ yesterday Verano, hope you are feeling less swamped. I usually find writing lists off loads the mind and gives me space to start doing things rather than worrying I’ll forget something important. Think I would not have been so diplomatic and would have had to say something JGwen, when told the weight would all go back on, by someone who hasn’t sussed you simply can’t return to old ways, without getting the old results!

Positives for the day are:

1) Visit to a sea life centre with three of the grand children.
    2) All of us singing along to Ed Sheeran’s Perect in the car – really made me smile. It’s a special song for OH and me and having the grand children belting it out in the back of the car was a great moment.
    3) Quiet night in relaxing.

• posted by Verano
    on

Theo quite the opposite we are away in three weeks for a trip of over a month and I just have to get my head into ‘packing’ mode. We spend quite a little of our time in our holiday home so don’t need to worry about shampoo, body cream, toothpaste etc it’s all there! So that’s really why my head is buzzing at the moment!

JGwen we ‘know’ maintenance is possible so can just ignore the doom-mongers!

Love reading these positives!

• posted by Verano
    on

Quiet night sounds good SunnyB, we have football!

Please log in or register to post a reply.