Poops!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Siren5859
    on

Okay – putting it out there! Apologies in advance!
    Have been doing BSD for 2 weeks ..going into week 3. Have lost 3kg (was hoping for more 🙁 ) but Im happy with any loss.
    Am eating healthy & feeling great.
    However….when I was definitely a once a day girl…Im now going a week after some help from some senna. Im not constipated (drinking 100’s of litres of water) but just not going without help from the senna.
    Pre-BSD, I would always have chia seed with my breakfast – would it be an issue to throw some in on top of what the menu plan says?
    Is anybody else having similar issues? Is it a problem if Im not going as often (no discomfort or anything)?
    TIA 🙂

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Siren5859 well done for your weight loss. Your chia seeds are fine and are included in some BSD recipes. I checked on the packet I am using and it says only 0.7g of net carbs per 15g serving and 5.6g of fibre so it is very BSD friendly.

I use them every day to help ‘transit time’ but I have found that I needed more help. Have just started adding a couple of teaspoons of Inulin and within 2 days I was totally back to normal. The downside was that it produces a lot (and I mean a lot) of gas. But SunnyB has just recommended taking charcoal tablets completely eliminates the gas. I will be starting on them as soon as I have found out where to get them from.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I don’t go every day now but assume that is normal with eating so much less. I find a little spicy food always gets me going.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Siren
    Check out quinoa. Bit carb high but well within the diet recommendation for all of its other benefits. Because I’ve been gluten free for yonks I’ve used it as a couscous substitute, now a rice and pasta sub. I know it’s good engine flush so pop a dose in my soups and even in salads.
    N

• posted by Siren5859
    on

Thanks everyone – so pleased Im not the only one!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

A portion of good old fashioned rolled oat porridge (salt not sugar, but also nice with parmesan) reaches the parts avocados and Fage can’t….

Please log in or register to post a reply.