People asking when am i going to stop my diet as i look too thin

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jody schneider
    on

Hi guys i have had great success being on the 8 week blood sugar diet and have lost roughly 20 kilos in the past 3/4 months. I have never felt better or eaten better in my life. This has inspired me to enrol in Diploma in Nutrition and possibly making my Nutrition journey part of my working life. I am however finding people, work colleges and some family members stating that i am getting too thin and i will end up getting sick. Even though i explain that i am eating 3 healthy meals a day mostly Med style foods. It iritates my slightly as i know the hard work and efforts in changing my life style for the better that my journey is now. I have also reversed my diagnosis of pre diabetic. Very proud of my efforts. Mostly people ask my when am i going to stop dieting….,aaaarrrr…frustating
    Jody

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congratulations!!!!

They are probably the same people who would have told you that you were too fat before …. like why other people think they get to decide how others live their lives is beyond me. I would prefer to think they don’t actually know how to give someone a proper compliment on their wonderful and amazing weight loss 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Tell them this way of eating has actually made you healthier. Ask them if they would prefer you to be fat (fatter) and not have found a diet that leaves you full, happy and healthy. It is for your health and they could learn from you, never let anyone discourage you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I agree with all of the above.

Someone recently said that I’d die before reaching her age (97) because, apparently, “I don’t eat”. Despite my assurances that I do eat, she wouldn’t accept it. My last comment to her was not to bother ringing the Co-op (local Funeral Directors) because I’m not ready for them just yet!

It’s difficult for some people to accept the changes they see in us. Not only our weight/size/shape, but what and how much we eat. We just have to stick with it and prove to them that we are much healthier than before.

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

Oh yes, the folks who don’t like you losing weight because that proves it can be done. I know a few of those – just ignore them. I came off the strict 800 cals but now eat about half of what I used to, no ‘white’ stuff or booze and have stayed the same weight for the last 6 weeks. Rather proves the ones who said I’ll pile it all back on wrong.

• posted by Colwick
    on

Hi ,a guy at work today,who is probably 18 stone said to me “have you been on a diet,i don’t want to be funny but you look ill”.What an idiot,i have lost 3 stone and i am now 13 1/2 stone,i didn’t reply

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Colwick, how tempting was that – how did you not say something

• posted by donnyman
    on

I’m 18 stones and have lost 5 stones on 800 calories per day over the last few months. I too was asked last week by my colleague (we are nurses) when I would be stopping as apparently I’m getting “too thin”. I pointed out I’m only 5ft 9 and by any measure still obese. I explained I’ll be switching to 5:2 when the time is right but she couldn’t quite understand the idea this was for life- in more ways than one.

• posted by Princess Mola
    on

Wow. I am so inspired. Well done guys

Please log in or register to post a reply.