Onwards into March ! One week at a time beginning 14th March 2023

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Scojos everything in the downward direction is a positive 😁. Happy Mother’s Day to you all.

• posted by happysnap
    on

Hi again

Thanks for all the helpful responses!! I think I just need to be aware that it’ll take time to reverse the brainwashing and to “know” what to be eating.
    I’m attempting my first 24 hour fast, which started at 8pm last night. so far, so good!! Hoping I will manage to keep going. i have a very busy day today with lots on so hoping i’ll manage to keep myself distracted.

I did have a bit of a wobble this weekend, there was too much junk in the house and I was tempted! I did have a couple of cookies but thankfully I stopped there and went right back to my “new normal”. I’m trying to keep the house diet-friendly but my kids are quite fussy eaters and can’t overhaul their eating overnight- gotta do it gradually!

So for now I am cooking separate for myself and the kids meals, but I am slowly setting up a stash in the freezer so that is convenient.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning so hopefully will remember to post a loss tomorrow!!

Happy Mother’s Day to all!!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    A quick check-in for me as spring has finally arrived all of a sudden – it was 12 C yesterday! – and I have to get on with the yard work now that most of the snow has disappeared.
    I had to travel for work for a couple of days this week and was eating higher carb. Not worth it because some of my pain came back. I am back on track now though and the pain is subsiding. Definitely shows how well low carb med was working for me though.
    Anyway, off to tackle the front garden now that it has thawed out for the day (still getting down to -8 C at night), so that mum will stop saying that all the weeds in the drive and garden beds make it look like I live in a crack house. Well, who am I kidding, she will probably still find something to criticize even after I tidy it up, but at least I’ll feel better about it!

• posted by wendleg
    on

My experience : as far as fasting is concerned , if it is safe for you , it is advised to build up slowly .No extended fasts early on ! I set out doing a lot of OMAD ( one meal a day ) then naturally moved into a 24 hour fast if I had a particularly busy day with a late meeeting etc .From there I tried 36 hours , sometimes 48 . I drank loads on fast days , took salt in warm water and magnesium taablets . If I awoke feeling unwell, light headed , a bit woozy I would decide whether to stop, eat something or to up the electrolytes . It’s OK to end a fast when it doesn’t feel right .I know that some days are easy for me and I can go all day without being hungry but other days I decide to have an OMAD day .

Fasting gets easier but I don’t think it should be undertaken lightly .Jason Fung recommends 3x 36 hours as being the best protocol for weight loss but just a 24h fast is beneficial . There is no point in pushing through an extended fast if you are struggling .

Happysnap you will soon find this way of eating second nature . It must be difficult with kids in the house so well done for not giving in and scoffing the whole pack of cookies . Think healthy foods rather than processed of course .Fear sugar rather than fat .Eat lots of green veg and salad greens rather than starchy veg grown underground. NO white carbage, potatoes, rice, pasta or bread
    Healthy fats, avocado , nuts and cheese in moderation . Drink lots , water, herbal teas, coffee with some cream if you wish, no fizzy pop , no artificial sweetners . Keep it simple to start with.If it gets boring you can become more adventurous with recipes

I find if I give in to the carbage then it really is a struggle to resist BUT when you eliminate them all together the cravings actually stop.

I hope that’s helpful anyway . Also don’t panic if the scales are not always giving the results you wish.Weight loss fluctuates . It will balance out in time .

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Can I just add to Wendlegs fantastic advice and say that if you are diabetic you should be very careful about fasting. You need to be very aware of your own body and know the signs and symptoms of an approaching hypo. I say approaching as mostly we can feel it coming – numb lips, sweating, feeling shaky, blurred vision and confusion. The confusion is often the last but most dangerous, once you get confusion you wont be able to help yourself i.e. a hit from pure glucose is the way to reverse it in an emergency. Should you feel at all unwell please eat something. You can stick to the diet by having something carb free like meat, tuna, eggs, cheese, chicken until you feel better. I personally like a plain Greek yoghurt with some chopped prunes or apricots although not in an emergency, then you need something you can get to quickly and easily.

Stay safe.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Evening all !

My experience : as far as fasting is concerned , if it is safe for you , it is advised to build up slowly .No extended fasts early on ! I set out doing a lot of OMAD ( one meal a day ) then naturally moved into a 24 hour fast if I had a particularly busy day with a late meeeting etc .From there I tried 36 hours , sometimes 48 . I drank loads on fast days , took salt in warm water and magnesium taablets . If I awoke feeling unwell, light headed , a bit woozy I would decide whether to stop, eat something or to up the electrolytes . It’s OK to end a fast when it doesn’t feel right .I know that some days are easy for me and I can go all day without being hungry but other days I decide to have an OMAD day .

Fasting gets easier but I don’t think it should be undertaken lightly .Jason Fung recommends 3x 36 hours as being the best protocol for weight loss but just a 24h fast is beneficial . There is no point in pushing through an extended fast if you are struggling .

Happysnap you will soon find this way of eating second nature . It must be difficult with kids in the house so well done for not giving in and scoffing the whole pack of cookies . Think healthy foods rather than processed of course .Fear sugar rather than fat .Eat lots of green veg and salad greens rather than starchy veg grown underground. NO white carbage, potatoes, rice, pasta , bread
    Healthy fats, avocado , nuts and cheese in moderation . Drinks lots , water, herbal teas, coffee with some cream if you wish, no fizzy pop , no artificial sweetners . Keep it simple to start with it gets boring you can become more adventurous with recipes

I find if I give in to the carbage then it really is a struggle to resist BUTwhen you eliminate them all together the cravings actually stop.

I hope that’s helpful anyway . Also don’t panic if the scales are not always giving the results you wish.Weight loss fluctuates . It will balance out in time .

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, another week nearly finished. Managed another 30 min exercise routine this morning. Will weigh in tomorrow and hope I have caught up after my lapse.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry for double posting , not sure how that happened !

Well done SG !

New thread coming up !

Please log in or register to post a reply.