Only losing 1lbs per week?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ria2022
    on

Been doing fast 800 since Jan 2022 as I really want to get to my goal waistline inch of 25-24 by end March or end of April (starting inch was 28)
    I don’t have diabetes just want minor weight loss and fat reduced from belly as I’d rather eat less than work out which is harder for me to do WFH all the time
    But I’m just wondering why I’m only losing a pound per week, even in the first month and the first week of doing this I only lost a pound? No water weight loss
    Is this because it might be close to what my calorie deficit should be anyway as I’m quite a petite person at 4ft11 or because it’s hard to lose the last couple of lbs in a weight loss journey
    Wondering if I should cut another 500 cal out of my diet to increase to 2lbs per week

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Ria2022. I think you have answered your own question. You are petit and sounds like you dont have a lot of weight to lose and you are getting close to reaching your weight goal. Are you actually doing the 800 calorie diet and not going above that too often. No, dont cut the calories further, 800 is so very low to start with. Cut another 500 and you will be on 300 which not much more that a couple of boiled eggs, a slice of ham and a few coffees with milk. Your body wont thank you for it and will hang on to what it can. We dont believe we go into starvation mode on 800 cals as long as you are eating good nutritious food but going under that number is too much. You could change your diet around and do something like the 5;2 where you have 800 cals 5 days and go lower for just 2. Or there is Time Restricted Eating similar to fasting but not for long periods. Just enough for your body to start using up fat for energy.

There is a lot of information out there and some very good YouTube videos. Try watching Jason Fung as a starting point, he has lots of subjects you can look into. Plus there are some pretty knowledgeable people on this site who go into the science (which is beyond me). Search for a post called Take Look At This, use the search box at the top of the page. It recommends different sites and ideas.

Please log in or register to post a reply.