One Week In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Familyguy1314
    on

So, exactly 1 week of committing to change my life and of following 800 cals a day. So much news!
    I’m just about to go to bed and checked my blood glucose. At the moment, about 1 and a half hours after my last meal my blood is sitting at 4.5mmol. After a very filling dinner with tons of veggies I peaked at 4.7. To say I’m surprised and delighted is an underestimate. For the 1st time since diagnosis 12 years ago, I am NOT TAKING MY METFORMIN tonight!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Familyguy, so glad it is working for you. Seen your profile and totally agree that the pills are not making things better. Rather just putting things off for a while. I am 15 years T2 and unfortunately my doctor very quickly put me on insulin (the meds made me so ill). He couldnt tell me to lose weight as I was only 63 kgs anyway but diet was never discussed. He did tell me I would gain weight but not that I would gain 15kgs in 6 months plus a bit more. Anyway, if I had found this diet back then it might be a different story. I am still on insulin but half the amount as before. Although now I have started TRE (time restricted eating) I have managed to cut down even further. I believe I would be suffering from some of the consequences of diabetes of diabetes had it not been for this diet. Keep on keeping on…

Please log in or register to post a reply.