ONE WEEK AT A TIME……YET AGAIN!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.

Just back from my cruise!
    Wonderful time!
    Weight …. not so wonderful!
    So back to “One Week at a Time” for me.

Things are not looking good!

This year has been great holiday wise, catching up on all those cancelled trips, but each one has resulted in a ‘small’ weight gain. Now it’s like a ‘runaway train’!

So …… back to basics for me…. I need to stop that train in its tracks!

I have a notebook where I tick all the things (crisps, crackers etc.) I avoid each day plus all the good stuff …. water, nuts, olives, exercise!

I need to measure, weigh and log my food again as I did when I first started here in 2016. Just got really lazy and now need to get ‘back on track’!

My aim is modest just 1lb a week, with anymore being a bonus. Should I make that higher?

Would love company.

Started today

• posted by Verano
    on

OK so Day 1 was ok for me and have lost half of my holiday gain …. just water retained by the extra carbs I guess.
    Day 2 has been ‘so far so good’ ….. onward we go!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Hi Verano, well done on your loss!
    You went on a cruise? How lovely but agree that the food is so lovely but available and a distraction lol…well for me it would be. But its a time to enjoy so now you’re back and back on track!
    Think I like the idea of 1 day at a time so if I may, am jumping in with you… starting tomorrow!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi 1960 good to have some company!
    When I’m really in the doldrums I find taking one day at a time works for me.
    I’ve been logging the good/bad stuff in my notebook so far but haven’t got back to weighing food or drinking enough water.
    Today’s task for me will be to ‘drink, drink and drink that water’!

• posted by Verano
    on

My first three days were good but today I’ve been ‘hungry’! Have had a very ‘nibbly’ day so far.
    Today is my first real test as we are eating out tonight … Thai… so maybe my ‘inner demon’ is saying today will be a write off anyway or maybe I really am just hungry!
    Still having a real problem drinking water … who would have thought it would be so difficult!
    Anyway, onwards, upwards and keeping on keeping on .. (hope you’re enjoying your holiday s-g).

• posted by Verano
    on

Day 5
    Although Friday was nibble day I ended up not having Thai so it wasn’t so bad.
    Back on track with just half a pound to lose to lose my holiday weight gain. Hoping that by Tuesday I will be able to tackle the ‘real’ mountain!
    Anyway, reporting here is helping me stay on track but water is still a problem. I probably have 5 cups of tea a day so I am hydrated but I really need to substitute water.
    New week new goal = drink more water!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I am up at silly o clock because insomnia caught me out again!
    I haven’t been much ‘company ‘V’ but can only keep trying at the moment!
    Once my day starts properly in a few hours or so, I intend to start the day properly. I shall weigh, make notes and eat accordingly….
    I see you like tea! My oh drinks a lot of tea and so, many times I end up having more cups than would like throughout the day. Today I will mindfully accept a few mint leaf teas instead!! I , too, need to get back to drinking more water, I do like water but oftern forget to drink it…

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hello Verano, can i accompany you on your one week at a time, big focus mission?
    I have been AWOL for a long time, busy new job, lots of driving and travelling required, not much time for self…..result has been a few compromises here and there…..and there, and there and there….. Ive also been drinking more than i ever have (still not really wild but more than a couple of glasses of red once a week)…. result, stood on the scales today and scared myself!!
    So, day one starts right now, back to black coffee in the morning, ditching all the Costa lattes, logging all my meals and no shop bought sarnies! Disappointed ive let it slip so much, but the fact i was willing to stand on the scales and fess up is an indicator my mindset is back where it needs to be!

How you feeling now? I am expecting to find days 3-6 hardest…… so if you’ve made it that far you will be back on track!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Pleased to report I’ve lost my holiday gain plus a smidgeon!

1960 sorry to hear about your insomnia. I sleep like a log but am an earlier riser 6am. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Maybe try to just have one goal for today and then add more as the days go by. Don’t know about you but sometimes if I slip with one goal then the rest just go up in smoke.

WindyJulz (? Julz), good to have your company too. Isn’t it amazing how that one compromise can lead to a landslide? The one thing I have found after 7 years of low carb is that my taste buds have become really sensitive to sugar. So whilst I might eat bread and cheese while I’m away I can’t eat dessert unless it’s a really dark chocolate mouse. So my gain for 14 days cruising was just over 4lbs which have gone now. Just water retention I guess.
    As I said to 1960 maybe trying to be perfect in all your goals in one go will lead to disappointment.
    Yes day 3 was my nibbly day and was hard but I managed to stay on track over the weekend. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself. I’ve not started weighing and logging food yet. I’m easing in by just noting my good/bad eating habits in my notebook everyday. It’s great to see all the crosses where I’ve avoided crisps etc and the ticks when I’ve eaten nuts.

My goal for today is ‘ drink water’! Have a good day.

• posted by Verano
    on

Week2:Day1
    So I made it through my first week with just one ‘nibbly’ day which feels like a good start.

My thoughts were to let this thread just run. I feel at the moment that if I think in separate weeks it becomes a bit self-destructive. Psychologically, If I start the week badly I think ok forget this week, you can start again next week. But, I don’t seem to ever get started!
    So I’m thinking almost one day at a time. Hopefully, all the days will meld into one and I’ll be back into a full on healthy eating pattern.
    Also, because we all have different starting dates and different week end days there’s less chance of a ‘competitive’ feeling creeping in, which I also find a bit destructive.

Hopefully we can just carry on, one day, one week at a time with companionship and constructive help rather than competitiveness!
    Just my thoughts.
    Have a good day.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Good work Verano!! I like the one day, becoming one week, becoming 2 weeks, becoming a month becoming a life style.. thinking!!

Day 1 complete for me. Yesterday was bob on plan and i feel great for it! Whoop. (Ok a little keto-y – mouth tastes vile and i’m a little light feeling but i know thats good!)
    Day 2 lets be having ya. I’m away for work today and tomorrow….. need to resist the coffee stops and choose sensibly this evening, and keep myself distracted. Quite determined. Hopefully i can limit the day 3 nibbley feelings….

• posted by JGwen
    on

1960 I suffer with insomnia when fasting. I don’t feel sleepy until 2 or later in the morning.
    I think it is more stressful if you worry about not sleeping, I tend to do low key activity, sewing or reading or even playing suduko until I feel sleepy and just think of it as bonus hours rather than a problem. I do also have the alternative problem as well. Too many carbs and I space out and I do occasionally have a day when my get up and go has got up and gone and my body just wants to combine fasting with sleeping round the clock.

I am glad I am self employed which makes it easier to work around both sides of the coin.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Well done V on the holiday loss, sucha positive feeling and motivation to keep going, I truly am inspired!
    I take onboard your suggestion to concentrate on one goaal not a myriad. Today, its getting more water in me!

Good to have you onboard WindyJulz – hope day 2 for you was successful. I would be so tempted myself , same as you, so its quite an achievement for me to resist! Today, I did a small supermarket shop and altho the fresh bread smells loomed in the air, I did resist!
    Interesting points JGwen, I am not doing IF yet but worth noting how it can affect us in so many ways. My sleep or insomnia has been like this for years now….

• posted by Verano
    on

Julz … well done and glad you’re feeling good… definitely a better taste than the one you get from chocolate (or whatever your poison is)! You’ll be fine while you’re away just don’t be too hard on yourself. Sometimes we can’t make the best choices you just have to work with what you have.

1960 …one day at a time. Get your first ‘healthy eating day’ under your belt and day2 will be easier.
    Positive feelings do strengthen motivation. It’s the first step that’s the hardest

A couple of questions to keep asking ourselves:
    1. How will I feel if I continue versus if I stop?
    2. What will my life look like in one year if I continue versus if I stop?
    Food for thought?

And if all else fails ‘tomorrow is another day!’

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Day 2 all good. Chicken, peppercorn sauce, veg, side salad, no chips no potatoes for dinner. Packed a shake and red berries for lunch. No coffee shop coffees. Brisk walk after dinner. Chuffed.

Like the thinking forward V, the days will tick by and it’ll be chirstmas (sorry) before we know it. Just keep on track, one day at a time, and soon enough we’ll be in a really good place!

• posted by Verano
    on

👍👍 Julz …. one day at a time!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Day 3 was a long day, lots of driving Tuesday adn Wednesday.
    I confess to one small cappuccino from starbucks to get me home….. really i just needed the break, and having an edible ‘treat’ has to stop being the mechanism.
    Even then, I was on about 900 calories, chicken salad at lunchtime and halloumi salad at dinner.
    Day 4 here I come – black coffee in hand. Black coffee is always an indicator of intention.

SOrry V – kinda jumped on your post for my own accountability!! How’s your week progressing?

• posted by Verano
    on

Julz this thread was set up for anybody wanting to be accountable.
    Day4 is sounding positive!

I’m just plodding along taking each day as it comes!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Can’t say am doing good..
    It only takes a minor something to knock me off track and so here we are, Friday and this week, I have restarted each morning!!
    I aim to check my menus again today, shop accordingly, and try to deal with this mindset of I can have a treat at weekends….
    I am watching the Dr becky youtube vids and learning some more about low carb eating, makes sense but I actually need to APPLY it…

• posted by Verano
    on

1960 been there done that!
    I always think of something I read and jotted down ages ago ….’Coming last is better than never ran’!
    At least you are trying and even if you haven’t completed you goal for a whole day you keep trying. You will succeed.
    As s-g says “just keep on keeping on …….”

Well yesterday was my ‘nibbly’ day for the week! I seem to have these days when I’m just ‘hungry’ and need to munch on bits. I’m sure I’m not the only one who gets the munchies.
    Today will be better.
    I’m making chicken tikka tonight, from a new non-yogurt recipe, with some home made chana masala and a green vegetable. So although the chickpeas are a bit carby they are a great legume. I crave spicy food and at least I know what ingredients are in my own!

Have a good weekend,

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Day 5 went well. Still on plan and not overly struggling. Now to navigate the weekend.
    Posting for accountability.
    Have a good weekend

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Verano, I will probably be joining you on one week at a time as I want to get rid of around 12 lbs in the 12 weeks before our next trip. Still in holiday mode although I have lost 1lb since yesterday, just different food at home. Will be serious on Tuesday as we have a night out on Monday. See ya.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g yes please do join in.
    I started this thread as a place for myself, and anybody else who just wants to be accountable to themselves, no competition, no pressure, just companionship, one week, one day at a time!
    I’m half way through my second week and am managing to stay on track with a day-by-day approach. I’m no where near as strict as I was when we first started but at least that gives me room to be more strict!
    BTW I have used purition shakes in the past. They’re low sugar/carb all natural ingredients. Take a look at their website but not sure if they will deliver to France.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well it’s October where has this year gone?

Julz glad you’re still on plan.

1960 years ago I did WW and had that same weekend mindset but the ‘treats’ really aren’t ‘treats’ ! I know it’s not easy but keep trying.

Well I’m having a funny few days. My goal was very modest with just 1lb a week loss but this morning I’ve woken up to find the exact opposite … 1lb gain! I have no idea why so back to the drawing board for me. Think it’s time to get out the stop watch again to remind me to drink water!
    So here goes …. have a good Sunday

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m restarting tomorrow!
    For some reason, I don’t know why, I’ve gained weight this week. So I’ve just had a day away from ‘this life’!
    Tomorrow is not just a new day but a new week, for me, so a totally new start!.
    Hope you are all doing well.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Hope you got off to a good start yesterday V, I am learning ( I think) don’t make one bad day turn into 2 or more …
    I am jumping in again for accountability. Unexpected medical news that my diabetes is affecting my nerves is worrying. Should keep me on the straight and narrow but no, made a batch of fairy cakes….
    I have roped husband in to going lower carb. It will help me. He can still have his meat and 3 veg type meals lol but overall, less bread and carb type snacks. I hope he will stick to it, so much easier if he does…( says she after baking )
    Anyhow, I feel motivated this evening. I have checked fridge and have more carb less veg and salad, cream cheese, greek yoghurt so def no excuse not to get back up. I like the menu plans on Freshwell, so am adapting to suit me. Verano, I liked yours and Gwen ( think) suggestion that if I go 1000 cals at first, am good as not one shoe fits all.
    I would have loved to post pics of my choices so tad disappointed to find we can’t post these .So I will list them I think..

• posted by Verano
    on

1960 that’s a huge step forward … 1 bad day need not turn into more!

OK. So, there is no easy way to say this …. sorry if I’m too blunt…. BUT….if you want to keep your toes you need to get your diabetes under control!!!

I had been diagnosed with T2 for around 5 years with my BS controlled by metformin. I was on the highest dose with the nurse threatening a second drug to add to the metformin. At the same time a friend, whose BS was totally out of control, lost a toe. Not funny. At the same time I came across the Blood Sugar Diet. So the three events together led me to this forum and reversal of my diabetes.
    BTW, my friend never got his BS under control and lost another toe a few years later.

So , my journey began. Right from the start I think it’s best to say it’s the carbs not weight, per se, that plays havoc with blood sugars. You need to control the carbs. Even if you have 1200, 1300 or even more calories a day, you need to keep your carbs to less than 50g a day. If I may suggest, you could spend sometime just looking at the carbs in foods. You will probably get a shock. For example an average apple, low calorie, has around 19g of carbs! Please take a look at the dietdoctor website where there are great graphics of various types of food and drinks:
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/food-navigator/carbs
    Hopefully this link will take you to the right page..

I now have the odd piece of bread or a small pasta meal which I really enjoy but basically I am low carb even though I don’t count anymore. It’s now second nature. I’ve been drug free for 6 years and my BS has stayed within the normal range. It can work.

I apologise if I’ve spoken out of turn but this way of eating does work to reverse diabetes. However, it’s not a ‘diet’ to start and finish, its a ‘way of life’ for those of us with T2 diabetes.
    You will get there if you try!

on

Hi Verano, can I just qualify what you are saying to 1960. I am now 18 years diagnosed T2 and was put on insulin injections almost straight away because I couldn’t tolerate the other meds. Biggest mistake of my life (and my doctors). I too had a friend who thought that her cup of tea and a few biscuits each morning would do her no harm and at least it made her happy. Of course the biscuits and cakes made her happy but her life was cut short by about 15 years.

Here is something else that will surprise you. If you find cutting out carbs makes your calories too low and want to increase them beyond the 800 to 1000 say, just to make the diet easier to follow, eat some fats. Fat doesnt make you fat. But be careful which fats, we are not talking bacon and sausage or a steak with fat or the skin from chicken. Add olive oil dressing to your salad. Add an avocado now and then, eat some nuts (not salted) particularly almonds and walnuts, add some seeds to your FULL FAT Greek yoghurt.

I mainly enjoy my diet and I accept I will never get to where Verano is and be diabetes in remission or reversed. But I can do everything I can to get my insulin doses down to a bear minimum to stop it from impacting on my weight loss.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl I think you aren’t giving yourself enough credit. I started from a much ‘easier’ place than you. I didn’t have ragingly high BS, always lower than 7. Even on metformin I was 6.4 on average. I’d only been diagnosed 5 years before and I know from tests that I was fine before that. So, I came from a far ‘easier’ place than you.

How much insulin were you taking everyday compared to now?
    We’re would you be today if you hadn’t adopted this way of life?

You have done so amazingly well. Just sit back and think of just how far you have come. You know you might just get to ‘remission’ ….. keep on keeping on …………

on

Thanks V, I am very happy with my achievements but regret starting on insulin. At one point my BG was over 14 and I was on 44 units of insulin. I did get down to 5.7 HbA1c using just 7 units of insulin. After my episode in hospital and the terrible diet and them stopping all my diabetic meds I am back up to around 6.3 HbA1c but using 22 units of insulin. Don’t worry I will slowly slowly get it back down.

I know where I would probably be without this diet. Possible loss of limbs as I was starting to lose feelings in my toes but that has been reversed. I might have lost my sight, had a stroke and/or heart attack. The future would have been bleak without BSD. I also have a great team of medics around me and have regular eye tests, cardiac testing, blood tests and urine for kidney. I have recently had a echograph on my bladder and kidneys because I had a urine infection and my doctor said I might as well get everything checked out. Everything is okay. Also my cholesterol has gone from 5. something now down to 3.0. Yes I have a lot to thank this diet for but I can also pat myself on the back for the hard work I have put in by keeping to it. We are the winners.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes s-g we are the winners!
    You need a huge great pat on the back!
    It’s all very well and good having the ‘tools’ but unless you ‘use’ them there’s no point. But, in saying that, it’s so difficult to change you eating habits completely especially living in a ‘fast/convenience food world’. I do enough to keep my blood sugars ‘normal’ but you work harder than anybody else.
    I’m glad it’s paying off for you in the long term. In a strange way your stay in hospital with it’s terrible food etc, could be seen as a blessing. At least you now know what ‘could be’ if you stop eating this way. Having re-tasted the bad ‘old life’ it might make it just a little bit easier to stay strong when times feel tough or boring.

on

Hi V, I hated every meal in the hospital. Bread and jam for breakfast for heavens sake, but that is typically French. I asked if they could make me 2 boiled eggs and the looks I got.

This is day 4 for me and I have lost just over 2lbs. I could be doing better but I am quite ill with a cough and cold. Just been to the pharmacy to get a covid test and it was negative so that is okay, I will just have to ride it out. Until then I am not swimming even though it is 27 degrees today and coming up to 32 over the weekend. I might swim tomorrow.

Had my delivery of Purition yesterday afternoon so just had my first meal. Pistachio with 200ml of oat milk – total of 280 calories. It tasted very nice but was gone too quickly while hubby had soup and a sandwich. I think I will be hungry later today but have some cooked chicken for my afternoon snack which I usually have anyway so it is not extra.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g sorry to hear you’re still not feeling any better. I used to often get a ‘season change’ cold. I used to call it a ‘summer’ cold and it was always far worse than a winter cold. Anyway hope you’re soon well again.
    Why is hospital food everywhere so ‘unhealthy’!!! When I was very ill and in hospital for four months ( my taste buds were up the wall and everything tasted of salt, even a slice of bread) my OH used to come down every morning with strawberries and digestive biscuits and then back in the evening with dinner, bless him. Mind you that was in the days before T2 and BSD.
    Did you get hungry this afternoon? You could always drink the shake through a straw to make it last longer! But anyway well done on your loss so far, you are doing really well, don’t knock it!

Julz …. how are things going?

1960 Hope I’ve not scared you off!

I’m plodding along but am in a quandary and really not sure what to do next. My first week home I did great and the first day of my second week saw a loss too but the last 10 days have been iffy. After a 1lb gain last week I’m half way through week 3 and just static. I’ve tried two meals a day, three meals a day but am now just in limbo at the moment. Tomorrow is set to be a fine day so hopefully salad will look appealing. I hate salad on cold days

Anyway, wishing you all a good weekend.

on

Verano it is called mixing with 5 snotty nosed kids while on holiday. One grandson had a cold but I seem to have a double whammy!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Am still here V but struggled all week not only to get a good rhythm eating properly, but to jump online on here…you have not scared me off at all, i prefer honesty.
    I can say thank you to you and SG for sharing your journeys, gosh I would not want an episode in hospital but what do I expect otherwise?
    I am spending this evening planning this coming week and do an online shop accordingly…

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g you’re just not used to ‘English’ germs anymore ’ !

1960 I’m certainly not a good example to follow but I do remember the saying “if you fail to plan you plan to fail” so well done starting with the first step. Think I should be ‘planning’ too!

on

Hi V, you are right about English germs. Although hubby is usually the one affected, this time it is both of us.

I don’t know if you saw on our October thread but 1960 said her HbA1c was 48 and she has been told not to go lower. However, my HbA1c is measured as a percentage and is 6.3% which is noted as 45 mmol/mol with a star against it. Maybe you can work out what is too high for 1960.

I didnt have a liquid meal today as I have things in that will need to be eaten so I had a ploughmans. Still losing weight though.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi just a quick on. On the scale 1960 is using below 42 is ‘normal’, 42-48 is pre-diabetic above 48 is classed as diabetic.
    Be back later!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

48 was what measure the doctor used with me which is why am quizzing it…I do not feel it is acceptable but I am taking metformin 2000g and on Omenzic injection so maybe she thought thats fine

on

Hi 1960, as you are on meds it would be irresponsible of me to make any suggestions. I think your medical team want to make sure your BG to go too low, especially as the Omenzic might make your weight loss affect your BG further. I am sure they are keeping an eye on things and will let you know when you can drop the Metformin, which is possibly the next step. Are they aware you are on the BSD and are they supportive. Mainly, are they open to the idea of reversing your T2. If they are I am sure they are taking at a pace they are happy with.

• posted by Verano
    on

1960 I agree 100% with s-g ….. be guided by your medics.
    BTW … we’ll done on Day 1 hood day 2 is going as well.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks both for your input…y dietician at my GP is fully aware am embarking on a low carb diet and did suggest we review my meds at some point BUT as we have been on this road previously and I have not carried it on I agree they need to make sure…With the Ozempic I have been very fortunate to lose 3 , maybe 4 stones in 2 years as well as a Chemist who try their best at getting hold of it for me…( there is a International shortage) due to others buying it who don’t need it for medical reasons..
    I have a meter too. I will keep an eye on my bloods as don’t want to get too low either. I did have the Freestyle but at a £100 a month I had to decide what to do and as I kept being on / off low carb it was not not evidence for me to continue paying out…I am not type 1 or ill enough for one on the NHS!

Food today was grand:
    Breakfast was a 2 egg omelette with 2 pinchs of cheese and wafer ham
    Lunch was the lentil soup ( recipe in recipe section)
    Dinner was Spanish Chicken with Chorizo out of the 1st BSD Recipe book
    I have had ordinary tea more and drank more water
    I might have a chunk cheese before I get ready to go bed….

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good morning!
    I am one happy bunny today
    According to my scales i am down 3.5pounds!! In just 2 days.👏
    I appreciate most of that is water and can confirm that by the amount of trips to the loo..

• posted by Verano
    on

1960 doesn’t matter what it is …. it just is a loss. Great just go with the flow now. Once you’re into the rhythm it gets easier!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well almost the end of week 3 for me. Last week I put on a pound and this week I’ve remained static. If I didn’t have much weight to lose I would understand this, but I have!
    I know that I need to practice greater portion control. I have to stop ‘guesstimating’ and start weighing again.
    I know what to do so just have to put it into practice!
    Have a good week.

on

Hi Verano, you know as well as I do why your loss is not a great as you would want. We have been on this (or any other) diet for such a long time our bodies are used to low cal etc. I find if I have a blow out like on holiday I can get back on the diet with a decent loss. For me currently 3lbs and that is not the end of my week. Then it gets harder but hopefully steadier.

1960 well done on the weight loss. Yes even fluids weigh but it is emptying your fats cells as well. Just keep going, this is your time.

I have had my second Purition for lunch today and very much enjoyed my Macadamia and Vanilla milkshake. It is only my second so cannot attribute any weight loss so far but will be using them for the rest of the week.

• posted by JGwen
    on

1960. On the positive side, knowing that this rapid weight drop is down to water should help reassure you that when a single off plan meal or day causes a big jump in weight it will also be only water.

on

Totally agree JGwen, which is why I know if I get straight back on plan I can lose my mistakes fairly quickly. Not an excuse to have a binge though as it is still a set back.

on

3rd shake for lunch today – coconut – it tasted very good and even had a few bits for texture.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes JGwen! Only water …. the one thing I find the most difficult to drink!

S-g glad you’re enjoying the shakes. The thing I like most is that they aren’t too sweet. I’ve not had one for a while but I seem to remember the ‘nut’ ones were the nicest. May try them again!

Well, end of week3 and remained the same this week which is better than the small gain last week. Anyway, in the last three weeks I’ve lost 5.2lbs so still on target for my 1lb a week with a few to spare. Just have to keep on …..

Tried a new recipe for brunch today, protein pancakes. Well basically it was eggs mixed with cottage cheese and a little psyllium husk. Not pancakes!! More like omelette with cottage cheese but was actually quite nice. I think I just need to get back into cooking new recipes and experimenting a bit more. Last night I made a Thai red curry with salmon which was lovely served over long stem broccoli. Tonight it’s smoked haddock with cauliflower mash and some green vegetables. We love fish!

Please log in or register to post a reply.