ONE WEEK AT A TIME STARTING THE 29th OF APRIL

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning everyone a new week has started and the sun is shining here in Blighty! I hope that everyone has had a lovely weekend? Wendleg is still on her her amazing travels so I thought I would get this week started for her and all of us so we can continue our thread and keep guiding each other and celebrating each other on this amazing and sometimes crazy WOE. If we have any newbies lurking please don’t be shy ☺️ we are all on the same journey and there is lots of help on here for everyone. To all I hope you have an amazing week! Love Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Thanks Birdy. The sun is obviously being quite selective in the UK as it is not putting in an appearance so far in SW London…I seem to be back cooking on gas since my blip. In last three days I have discarded the extra 1 kg (water retention) weight I had to thank liquid sugar for, plus an extra smidge of a 1lb. Hurrah!

• posted by caronl
    on

Well done six turkeys! Glad the wobble is behind you. We all have them now and again. The trick is getting back on the wagon, as you have.

Birdy, thank you for starting the new thread. I think they normally run Tuesday to Tuesday – partly for historic reasons, but also to allow time to set right any weekend damage (!) – but I do not have strong views. Let’s just go with the flow!

Anyway, I am in for this week. I am 1.3 kg down from last Monday, and beginning to feel back on track. It’s a false low this morning after fasting since 15.00 yesterday, but I’ll take it. I have a “real” buddy here for the next two weeks, for mutual support and encouragement on this way of eating, and that is helping too. I can feel her looking over my shoulder if I go for another serving of almonds!

Wishing success to us all this week. x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning 6T glad you are moving in the right direction again. Hmmm liquid sugar is a killer!😢. My household thankfully has non that is readily available anymore, we drank the last bottle of white wine Easter weekend and I do the shopping so I haven’t replaced it and I have no intention in doing so. 🤣. The sun will come to your corner soon as I think that is they way it travels from here to London. Glad to see that Wendleg is having a great time on her travels. I need to go bloomer shopping at some point as my apple catchers are needing a rename to incorporate my boobs as they come up way too high now🤣. Answers on postcard please ladies🤣🤣. Hope you have a fab day 6T 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oops sorry you know why I have done it a day early is because it was bank holiday last week! My apologies ladies for the rookie mistake😳💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

No worries Birdy. And don’t apologise! I love your enthusiasm.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Birdy, sixturkies, caronl, I noticed that I have kept to a target I set last month.

I was 86kg and set 82kg as a target for the following month.

I am a tad under 82kg for a few days now.

I am looking to discard 3kg in the next month, or so. I am going to Sardinia in mid May and wine will be drunk, but not too many bad carbs otherwise I hope.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ! Thanks for starting the new thread Birdy ! On the way to Worcester..my car stress reducing method in place …ear phones in listening to Keto dudes podcasts. Could not resist a wacky White Stuff dress in the sale …has a motif of a plate ..knife and fork ..and yes I have matching cutlery earrings at home 🤣🤣. I wear size.14 in WS. Ok their sizing is generous but it still feels good xxx
    Have a great day / week everyone xx

• posted by Amz the Beautiful
    on

Hello… Have we all moved over here now? Well, I’ll put my update here either way.
    166.6 today. I’m going to try a fast today, Monday used to be my regular 24-hour fast so we will see how it goes. I have healthy food if I decide just to make it omad.
    As you may see, my weight increased… I had rice balls and sweets yesterday at my event. I don’t think I overate terribly, but I’m just going to put the blip aside and get back on track. I really want to workout today but I’m swamped with work as my deadline is approaching, but I’m going to try to sneak away for a bit I think.
    Yesterday, I felt like a celebrity. Friends and associates I haven’t seen in months, sometimes years, didn’t even recognize me thanks to me newly colored hair and forty pound loss. Everyone was taking pictures like crazy and casually asking if I had loss some weight. Lol. Looking back at those pictures last night really helped me wrap my head around a crazy thought I have been having lately – I really am a beautiful person. I’m physically attractive and inside I’m even more lovely. This reminder has really put my heart at peace amidst this emotional turmoil I have found myself in.

Anyway, I’m goal for the week is to stick to 800 calorie bsd food plans and include at least all day fasts (if not a full 24 hours) on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I would also like to include walking or exercise videos a couple times this week.

I haven’t read most of the posts, sorry…
    But I thought Wendy’s dress sounds interesting. I’m a sucker for floral patterns myself so most my new wardrobe boasts flowers… But I do have one covered in pandas 😄

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Amz that sounds like it was absolutely amazing 😁. I am so glad your day was able to reiterate just how much you have achieved. You go girl I am waving my Pom poms for you and your great week this week. 💞🦜 Birdy.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, sweet Birdy, for beginning a new thread! I’ve really been sidelined with pneumonia for the past week, but
    I will do my best to get caught up and join in 🙂

Amz…Listen to yourself!!! You sound wonderful, and back in the groove. What a magical evening you have just
    had! We’re all so proud of you! XXX

Allie

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Heeeeellllllo gorgeous Allie so sorry you have been ill 😷 I really hope you are on the mend now. Sending you massive hugs and loads of love 💕. We have missed you xxxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Allie, I’m sorry to hear you have been poorly, hope you are now fully on the mend. And Amz, it is heartening to read your post – keep those photos close so you can look at them every day and remind yourself of what you have just said! Patricia and Caronl, great news for you both too! Wendleg, remember the baggage allowance for the return plane journey! Hope everyone else is starting the week in good spirits.

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Hello is this the place I should post how I’ve been getting on?

I’ve done 5 weeks following the BSD from the book and now I’ve bought the recipe book as well. I certainly haven’t been perfect but have adapted meals to suit me, walked loads and swam most days. On the rare occasions I’ve gone totally wrong (eating some cakes/prawn crackers) I’ve not let it get me down and have tried to go ‘back to basics’, drinking plenty of water etc.

I’ve lost 4lbs this last week, despite being away for work in a place where there were 4-course fine dining meals every night!! (Sounds tough I know!) I mainly opted for just the main course and asked for no potatoes/pasta etc. I walked 52 miles over the week and swam every day.

Altogether in the 5 weeks I’ve lost 27lbs.

I’m Type 2 diabetic and I saw the nurse today, she confirmed I’d lost 4lbs and she said I should have my blood sugar tested in another couple of months. Thankfully my blood pressure was down (I think it may have been a problem with the testing kit thing to be honest anyway when it registered as a little high a couple of weeks ago. )

I’m very motivated to continue and having gone from 17 stone some years ago, to 13 stone 8 when I started this way of eating, to 11 stone 9 in 5 weeks I’m beyond delighted and feel I’ve worked hard to get here.

Thanks and love to everyone following this WoE and changing their health for the better x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow on my way that is brilliant! Yes you are in the right place and we are all here. You are very lucky you discarded 4lbs with all your little naughties🤣. Don’t be too surprised if it goes back on at some point. I am sure your exercise has helped. It has been a great week for most and we are here if you need any help or have any questions at all. Glad to have you on board, welcome and all the best on your journey. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Great story Amz……so pleased for you. Definitely the confidence boost that you need and at the right time too. Well done!
    Sorry you’ve not been feeling too good Allie. Hope you’re on the mend and soon back to normal.
    Fantastic achievement onmyway…….great results!
    Birdy, just wondering if my email worked?
    Great results Patricia. I’m sure you’ll reach you next target in time for Sardinia. You really are doing so well in keeping it going after the initial 8 weeks……wish you could bottle your willpower and send me some!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – I haven’t posted in a while (although have been following along) because honestly, I’m feeling a bit crap about myself and my inability to stick with the WOE. I know if I can just stick with it for a week, I’ll feel better and start seeing progress and be inspired all over again but that’s just not happening. I do really well during the day and then evening hits and I’m lonely, isolated, sad and empty So I try and fill the void with food despite trying to distract myself. I am working on this with my therapist as it goes a lot deeper than emotional eating and once I have it straight in my head, I’d like to share it in the hopes that it will help someone else. In the meantime, as much as she is encouraging not to, I’m very down on myself and feeling a failure.
    Amz, you have inspired me as I think I’m about 10lbs away from you and you seem to be doing so well both with your weight and self esteem. I want to get to where you are so i read your posts often.
    Duckie – welcome back, sounds like an amazing trip and you took full advantage of everything there was to do.I admire you be able to get back on track.
    Wendy – sounds like a lovely holiday and I’m so glad for you. Also glad that you’re posting otherwise I would miss you and your support!
    Hi 6 Turkeys! Nice work on getting over the blip.
    Caronl and Patricia – nice chunk discarded ladies. Thinking I need a target like you, Patricia – small bites so it’s not too overwhelming.
    Feel better, Allie – pneumonia is no joke
    Onmyway – wow! What an amazing job you’ve done
    Scottishgal – I mentally composed a bunch of posts to you in response to your on the last thread which I’ve now forgotten but they were very inspirational. I really related to your post on fast regain and I’ve just found something you wrote re avocados. You’ve probably got lots of advice on what to do with them but if you need more, let me know. In LA, we can get them year round and I have a mini one every day under my eggs!
    Skipping, you did amazing losing your Easter gain and I’m in awe of your exercise. I wish I could do some, but I’m really struggling with the sleepiness my meds cause so need to work on adjusting my day around it. It’s pretty debilitating but coming off the meds is not an option at the moment.
    Sorry for those I’ve missed, I am genuinely impressed with you all and thoroughly enjoy reading the posts and having this support system. Have a good evening/morning, wherever you might be xx

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Hello Kafin13

I wanted to thank you for posting and to share a little more of my story with you just to show you that positive steps are possible and send you all my love, you should know that you’re absolutely not a failure and I hope that you find your mojo to continue. It sounds like you have so much to contend with and I wish you every success. I read a quote from a lady who has lost a huge amount of weight who posts on Instagram and she said: ‘you won’t win this battle by being hard on yourself’ – that really struck a chord with me. I’ve been beating myself up for years for putting weight on or not losing it or not looking after myself or being unhealthy or not losing it quick enough.

I’ve had lots of help, in terms of bereavement counselling after losing both my husband at a young age and my best friend at a younger age. emotionally, I’ve been on the floor and my weight has been five and a half stone more than I am now and I’m still not a healthy weight for my height.

For me something has clicked/fallen into place. I honestly think of it that I have been trapped in the grief of successive close bereavements (I also lost my father in law a month before my best friend) and that shedding this weight is symbolic of coming back from that.

While I can’t inderstand exactly how you’re feeling I do understand feelings of being a failure, sadness and loneliness and so much emotional eating it upsets me to think about it.

So I just wanted to send my love and support and say be kind to yourself, sounds like you are so in the right place to be making progress, I hope you can see how positive that is xx

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Thank you Birdy.

After coming back from my time away I’m now well into a 24 hour fast to keep me on the right track. Ive done it after being inspired on here and really not feeling hungry so thinking I might as well. I’m not sure how I feel about doing it more often but have been researching loads. I’d like to think this will maybe be a one-off but shorter fasts (say 16:8) could be appealing . I was at an early morning business meeting and just chose bacon and mushrooms. I have to meet someone for work this evening and they are booking a restaurant. I don’t know where yet but I’ll do my best to make sensible choices. I’m breaking my fast later this morning with porridge and blackberries . I’ve read on here that the carbs in oats may be too much for some people but it’s a lovely filling breakfast I think. I’ve bought blackberries and ground cinnamon to go with it.
    Have a lovely day all and thank you for the encouragement.

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Thank you so much Scottishgal for taking the time to say that. I really hope I can continue and am thinking ahead the best I can to keep working at it.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you Onmyway for such a kind and caring response. I appreciate you sharing your story and it sounds like you’ve had a lot to contend with in your life. As many of the others know, I struggle with severe depression and have recently been through a roller coaster trying to get meds that didn’t cause too many extreme side effects after a depressive episode of 9 months. I am slowly gaining control of it but the drowsiness is causing havoc. I have a wonderful therapist who insists I focus on being kind to myself – I wouldn’t talk to someone else, the way i talk to myself – and I’m working on it. Thank you again xx

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Ah no problem at all Kafin13, I can identify with some of what you’re saying having been treated for episodes of depression and anxiety. And talking to myself like I wouldn’t dream of talking to someone else. I’d love to hear more about how you’re doing as you continue your journey and very much hope you can recognise your strengths and victories as you continue x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Scottishgal did you take out all the symbols as they were just put in so bots couldn’t read the address. I haven’t received your email sorry. So all symbols out and just the normal ones put in.

Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Greenbean
    on

Woohoo! Another 3cm off this week, same as previous week. So glad to have had the reminder to check measurements, otherwise the pound or two weight loss and mysterious gains and losses would have been a bit of a downer. Thanks whoever it was suggested that…Carole?
    Was hard to resist checking beforehand but feel motivated to continue. Checking posts last night helped me not reach for the ice cream:)
    How is everyone else doing?

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Kanfin, I’ve been thinking about you and pleased you’ve been following along. Your therapist sounds brilliant and I’m so pleased you have such confidence in her. I can understand how difficult it must be to get out and exercise but know that breathing fresh air and getting the sun on your face really boosts me. This is probably the only advice my mother gave me that worked! I wish I lived near you and we could go and sit in a park and have a chat. Maybe we can do that but on here. You are an expert in you and your health problems but we all need encouragement sometimes. How can we help you?
    Allie, I missed you and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been so unwell. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Amz, I don’t know you from before but it’s teally uplifting to read you positivity, infectious even.
    Some great results from Patricia, onmyway caronl and 6Turkeys. Scottishgal, like kanfin my inspiration posts never made it to here but I’m thinking about you.
    I started a fast after dinner on Sunday and I’m still going. I didn’t sleep well because my brain was buzzing but feel fine. I’m just off to do another supermarket shop as I’ve got exchange students staying with me and the shops are all closed tomorrow. 5 teens get through a lot of food. I feel like I’m working in a cafe.
    The smell of the strawberries was almost too much yesterday and I actually put one in my mouth then spat it out. I seem to be getting even more strange than before! And using too many exclamation marks.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good morning everyone and it swells my heart to see so many of us posting on here.🥰

Kafin and On MY Way I take my hat off to both of you, not only are you continuing to make this WOE work for you, you have both been through so much, but you both keep on keeping on. I have the upmost admiration for you both and I am sending positive thoughts and massive hugs to you both. I love that bit about you therapist saying you need to stop talking to yourself in a way you would never dream of talking someone else Kafin she sounds like a true and lovely therapist. I think we could all take that on board as we are all our own worst enemy, it is so easy to beat ourselves up for what we feel are our shortcomings. I think life is the hardest job we will ever have! We not only have the things to deal with within our own little bubble, we have to contend with a world that has gone mad! This forum is my own and ours little place of sanity, a place we can openly talk about anything and everything that is good and sometimes bad in our lives without stigma and judgement. I think the world could do with more places like this to help everyone get through their daily lives. My mum used to say “A problem shared is a problem halved!” I think she is right as so many of you have helped so many of us with your guidance and your commitment to this WOE.

We are all the stars of our own movie and we were put on this earth to live our lives. As long as we are not out there intentionally hurting others or creating wars we should be able to live without judgement or fear! I know it is hard to navigate through this life sometimes but I am big believer that there is more kind hearted people out there than we are lead to believe. My motto has always been “Treat others how I would want to be treated”. I do this everyday and more often than not it works. There will always be vile nasty people to contend with but like I tell my son “Even though it does not excuse how they are treating you, we will never know what goes on behind closed doors”. Unfortunately my son is bullied a lot because he has ADHD and people don’t believe it or can’t cope with his hyperactivity. A lot of people can’t cope with differences, but again for everyone who is like this there is always someone who understands and that is how I cope with it. We are not alone guys this forum has proved this to us. I am so so grateful for this forum and everyone on it.

I hope you all have an amazing day and I will be here with my fanfare and Pom Pom’s cheerleading you all on. Love and hugs 🤗Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Greenbean that is amazing news and I am loving your enthusiasm😁. How did all the wedding bookings go? I am still on a high from my fast at the weekend and discarding half a stone, or 3.17kg🤣, I have also lost 5 inches on my spare tyre since I started this WOE 4 weeks ago. Measuring is definitely the way to go. As JGwen has explained a litre of water weighs 1kg and if you have food going through your system that makes you heavier too. Also don’t forget that our bodies are mending which means bone density is getting better and that will cause an uprise in our weight and of course we know muscle weighs heavier than fat so if are exercising then that will have an effect also. Loads of things effect those Devil 😈 scales so have no fear this is working for us all🤣. Have a fab day hun. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Just a quick hello to all and especially to Kafin – it is good to see you back posting (and also your positives – do let us know how the mushroom “risotto” works out). Did you read Esnecca’s post recently to Amz? And Onmyway’s post was also so positive and strong. Do keep on reading and especially posting. I just popped out to the shops and walking back I was thinking of your post – and what suddenly came to mind is that old song “Rubber Ball” (which I thought was Buddy Holly but just checked and it was Bobby Vee) – that seemed to sum up the forum – reach out and someone will come bouncing back to you!

• posted by caronl
    on

Allie, I was just thinking that you were having a quiet week. Pneumonia is a beast. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and take care of yourself. x

• posted by Katniss
    on

OK… Help. I’ve been weighing daily as advised in the book (& also because it helps keep me on track) I’m used to my body’s little quirks and the odd half pound increase before a sudden drop etc and this doesn’t generally dishearten me, it keeps me motivated if anything. However yesterday morning I weighed and had put on 3lbs…this morning it’s still there!! I look bloated too and ‘bigger’ in clothes. What is this? Admittedly over the weekend I ate more like 1000 cals a day rather than 800 but it was all on plan food, surely an extra 400 cals over the course of two days shouldn’t cause an increase like that?
    I’m drinking plenty, my carb intake is around 30-40g a day, protein 60-70g and fat around 30-40g. I’m ovulating and I’m not sure whether this impacts?
    Any advice gratefully received (I’m on week 5 day 2 if that is relevant) 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on

Patricia 1066, I don’t think that I have said CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your interim target. And best wishes for the next 3 kgs!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. I am on my travels again..this time to Shropshire ! I have been reading all the posts and feeling uplifted to hear Amz being so positive !! You have always been beautiful to us Amz . So lovely that people acknowledged and celebrated your transformation. We are so proud as ..Allie so rightly said.
    It’s not so easy replying to everyone individually as I usually flit through the forums and open a Word document to reply. My phone is not so easy to navigate but I am thinking of you all . Kafin keep going my darling … and check in here when the dark lonely moments threaten to overwhelm you .
    Birdy what a lovely warm..caring post that was. So moving and honest.
    Turkeys we brought an extra suitcase but it is rapidly getting filled ! TK Maxx is an irresistible force !!
    Amz….my wacky plates and cutlery dress is from White Stuff ..in the clearance section. Maybe you can see it online ? Its navy. I love their stuff..and Boden too. Vibrant motifs lots of garden flower themes too !
    I must behave .
    Back soon. Love to everyone. Xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

My White Stuff dress is called the Ola dress 😉😉xx

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi Katniss, I’m no expert but am going to share my experience to see if that helps. I tend to eat up to 1000 cals at the weekend and upto 50 carbs. This includes a biggish glass of red. My wait normally continues to drop whilst I’m doing this but then goes up on Monday. I feel it’s more to do with water than gained wait since it’s normally gone the next day. If you add this to a surge in hormones, along with your normal bodily fluctuations, I think this could be the cause. Don’t panic, just keep following the plan, drinking tons of water and it will right itself.
    I too am a daily weigher. Which leads to a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions. But like you say it keeps me on track And I’m totally addicted to it.
    Just keep on what your doing, your doing great

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Katniss I suffer terribly when I am due on and on and it makes me gain at least 3-4 lbs! I don’t eat more calories at the weekends although I did have wine over the Easter weekend which I was lucky it only went up by a 1lb. Drinking shed loads of water really helped to shift it and I am back to discarding. Like Skipping said I think it was water retention as that is what high carb food and drink does to our bodies, it makes us hold onto water! I am going with with 20g carb, 50g protein and 60g fat but that is because I have a ton of weight to discard. I have lost 2stone in the four weeks I have been on this WOE but I want to discard at least 3 more stone before I go into maintenance. The thing is no two bodies are the same so everyone will discard differently and they will also fluctuate differently, so we can’t compare to one another when it comes to our journeys. Don’t worry though you have this. I personally wouldn’t increase my calories at all but this is your journey and you have to do whatever it takes to get you through. We have got you hun. I am sure some else will be along with more guidance soon. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

This week I am trying again to get back on track – for what seems like the hundredth time.

I am measuring at the end of each month, so will weigh in and do this on Saturday morning, and hopefully report back in a happier mood!

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

This week I am trying again to get back on track – for what seems like the hundredth time.

I am measuring at the end of each month, so will weigh in and do this on Saturday morning, and hopefully report back in a happier mood!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hey be in a good mood anyway Avis as the point is you are back and trying again! Keep on keeping hun.💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Allie, wishing you better very soon. We are all putting out our positive thoughts for your full recovery.

Scottishgal, sounds like you are in a good place, staying with us. Maintenance is more difficult, probably because you have so many choices, so many hazards that could trip you up. My willpower is committed to stay on 800/50g and this is my routine.
    You need a routine that achieves your aim and fits in with your commitments. Are you recording your food intake?

Amz, I am so pleased that you feel beautiful inside and out, and accepted compliments from so many. That self love will create the life you want to live.

Kafin, Your Honor, you are keeping on keeping on, and that is a lot at the moment. We have you in our thoughts, and you are part of our community.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh my gosh my palate has changed already! I thought I would try dark Lindt chocolate with hazelnuts as a few people have said that they have it as a treat. I am afraid I am going back to my absolute black 💯 % as it is waaaaayy too sweet! As soon as I ate it i Had flash backs to how I used to eat and how naughty food tasted. Sorry Patricia1066 I know you like it but it is way to sweet for me! I love the absolute black now. I bet Dairy milk will be even worse! I am not going to try it so I will presume it is! I never thought I would think dark chocolate was sweet as I always disliked it as I thought it was bitter 💞🦜

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hey all
    I am bit late posting this week – got distracted.
    I completed my first 24 hour fast this week and it appears to have been the boost I needed. I’m well on my way to hitting my next target. What a roller coaster of a journey this up. I was really cross with myself last week after a ‘tunnocks’ slip up and now things are really moving again.
    Wishing you all a good week.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you everyone for all the lovely thoughts and comments, you keep me going. Six turkeys – I love the rubber ball song and you’re right. Interestingly, my therapist and I have been working on the concept of a rubber ball in a box. At the moment, the ball is so large that it is touching the box which triggers pain because it’s constantly hitting it. As things get better, the ball shrinks and while it still touches now and again and causes pain, it happens less often. The pain will always be there but it (the ball) just won’t hit as often and becomes more manageable. It’s a helpful concept for me. Birdy, that was thoughtful and lovely. I have a friend who also believes in the problem shared is a problem halved and one day he had a problem so he shared it with about 20 of us. Then presented us with a mathematical breakdown of the percentage of problem he now owned! We discovered that we were all now carrying more of his problem than he was!
    Skipping, I wish we could go chat too! I would even go exercise with you. Just move to LA, easy peasy!
    avisamuelgrey – you sound like me. Keep on keeping on, we’ll get there.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin, I definitely fall into the sceptic school of thought, but that is a coincidence re the rubber ball song/imagery…I am sad tho to read that “the pain will always be there”. Can you think of it as a memory of a pain? the actual pain has gone, or will go soon, in the present. I hope the indoor garden, and the child advocacy, are progressing. Know that many (well, at least me.. ) have also known the lonely nights. There is a time difference between California and London but I do look out for your posts!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Six Turkeys, I have to go to Munich once a year for work and I can always tack on a weekend so who knows! I lived in London for 3 years in my 20’s and it’s one of the cities I know the best from all the walking I did. If I get back there, we will def have to connect! I would love that. I have my FBI check tomorrow (takes them two hours for interview and finger printing) and then I wait for the next training and I’m off to the races (well after the five weeks of training). I have bought the shelves for the garden, next step is to sand them so slow progress but I’ll get there.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin, let me know! others might guide us on how they have moved on from here to a more direct (but private) contact. I am not going to share direct line or real email address freely…so how to be selective?

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Birdy has set up a bsd email to allow us to have private contact and pass email details on to others to enable more private conversations. I’ve just this minute sent her mine. The email details are on the bsd angels thread

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yes, I saw the recent posts and those details. Not quite what I feel totally happy with.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Kafin and onmyway, you’ve both been through so much. My heart goes out to both of you. I just want to agree with what the others have said. My thoughts are with you and I truly hope that you stay with us on this forum and we can help in some way. Kafin, I’m sure at whatever time you feel lonely there will be one of us on here to keep you company, even if it is just virtual. We seem to cover all time zones on here. I hate the thought of anyone having to suffer alone .
    There seems to be a few of us, including me, struggling with the WOE at the moment. But you are coping with so much more as well as the added stress of watching what you eat. You under estimate yourself. You are doing great. I have no excuses for struggling so you really do put me to shame. Have faith in yourself and don’t be hard on yourself. You’re a lovely person and deserve to be happy. Oh and I love your sense of humour on the positives posts…..you made me laugh.😂

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

6Ts, I was a bit dubious too but not sure how else it can be done. There is no private message facility on this forum. So much is done on line these days and sometimes we need to take a gamble if we want to take things further. I met my OH on line…….. and that was a gamble that paid off! In for a penny, in for a pound ……….

Please log in or register to post a reply.