One week at a time beginning 6th March 2021.. onwards everyone !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

So the Easter weekend is drawing to a close . Another celebratory milestone to navigate ? How did you get on ? If it was a time of indulgence , well maybe that was just what you needed as lockdown is easing in the UK ?? Maybe for lots of people a welcome time to gather with a few friends and family ?

However you spent the weekend, if it was slightly excessive in terms of choc and buns, well that’s ok . It’s done and we can look forward now with fewer distractions .

We are at the beginning of April . For lots of you that signals the advent of warmer weather, socializing , haircuts and general optimism . So we are in a positive frame of mind, right ?

We are in the midst of further lockdown in France but we do have decent weather and space despite travel restrictions . We will cope .

So let’s look forward to the next few weeks with a smile and determination, one week at a time !

Do come and join us , or check in if you are already part of our merry band

Wendy, Sunshine Girl and SunnyB

• posted by wendleg
    on

Our ever growing list …..

wendleg, Sunny B, sunshine girl
    JGwen
    sixturkeys
    Starina
    Verano
    ADD6605 ( Dawn)
    Riccoh
    Russianroulade
    Tulip1 ( Clare)
    Mifoz
    MerryMelba
    Maryanne Carlos-Mascarenhas
    WindyJulz
    articfox
    Olive1
    lauraknits
    Marsie (Marilyn)
    EllieAllegra
    EC:Erin
    Hello66
    Jordana
    Alipetunia/Alison
    RubyG and hubby
    Ditchedthemet
    Dizzychicken
    SlinkyTinks
    LonelyAdipose
    Emzijw
    Barefoot girl
    Life Diet
    allicat1A ( Allie, formerly alliecat !)
    RedRooster
    nhatha3432
    sprox
    skittle
    Daisybean
    workingfromthe fridge
    Bombalone
    PSL68
    ScottM
    florobo85/Lauren
    Tamara1
    MillieMoo/Claire
    SummerTwinkles/ Summer
    Sheila Canning
    JustKeepFasting
    Bryla
    kiltgirl
    Deb2003
    Donnadoobie
    HappiR
    WilLuck
    PaulaZ
    Faithlyn67
    Onetowatch
    nicnocgee
    Smead01 ( Samantha)
    Goforgoal
    Britta
    Mokovex
    DebOflo
    Riverrock
    HopefulinOz
    Quetzal
    Omnipinoy
    Daisybean

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks for including me on the weekly list Wendy.I haven’t done well at all food wise since Christmas.I have been mainly posting on the Easter Bus Tour thread but intend to post on this one too from tomorrow.I’m back to having 24lbs to lose to get down to what I think will be my goal weight.Feeling in quite a positive frame of mind about getting back to this woe,have got lots of salady stuff in so fingers crossed I will eat it this week as last weeks got wasted!Dawn X

• posted by Dahfi
    on

Hello
    Please could I join?
    I have been lurking but am not new to this woe, having lost almost 40lb post pregnancy a year ago. Somehow I’ve allowed 17lb to creep back on though and am feeling really miserable about it. I tried to lose it again through low carb but have failed so think I need the BSD to re-boot me. Day 1 tomorrow and am desperate for some early progress. Have tomorrow’s meals planned and need to quickly read the book more fully again though the principles are in my head. So worried I’ll never maintain properly but for now just need to get back to the happy place I swore I’d never leave but somehow did. Thanks for having me.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Dahfi and welcome! Shout if you have any questions, even if it seems silly!

Bit of advice for your first few days
    1. Track and weigh EVERYTHING so you can be sure of your calories
    2. Drink all the water – at least 2-3 litres a day, but don’t be frightened of fizzy water or tea or coffee (but track the milk if you have that)
    3. You might get “carb flu” – it feels horrible but push through it because it does get better, a bit of extra salt can help with the symptoms
    4. Ask us for help!!
    5. Track your carbs – most try and stay below 50g a day, some as low as 20g or less, and beware of hidden carbs in things like milk, onions, tomatoes, fruit etc. Stick to above ground veg (but not squash which is an exception)
    6. Cauliflower is your friend in terms of replacing rice or pasta or potatoes

I’m sure others will be along with their own advice too!

Wendy, if we’ve gone back in time to the beginning of March does that mean my disastrous March didn’t happen and I can do it again?? 😀 I like this idea!

Well I had a wobbly and not always successful climb back on the wagon last week after a disastrous couple of weeks, but I’ve weighed this morning and gained 6lb which is not a disaster but enough and needs to stop. I’ve kicked this week off with a 24 hour fast, defo wouldn’t be able to do more than that at the mo, I was feeling quite rubbish by the time the 24 hours was up at dinner time. Had an emotional Easter, my sister has a lot going on and is super stressed and tends to lash out when she is stressed, so we all ended up rowing yesterday and lots of tears and hurt feelings. What a shame! Still got an absolutely crashing headache so I think it’ll be an early night for me with some painkillers!

Hope you all have a good week guys, I’m going to make this “March” count better than the previous one!

Lauren x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick drop in, to say welcome to everyone planning to travel with us this week. I’m going to be back in the saddle again properly from tomorrow, having taken a few weeks with my foot off the gas and coasting in maintenance. Limited damage, but a couple of pounds up, so time to get serious again.

Anyway will post properly tomorrow and be a real part of the thread again in the coming week … best wishes to all fellow posters for a good BSD week.

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Hi all.
    Lauren – sorry to hear that the family get together didn’t go as planned. Aren’t families funny things? I am growing more and more certain that everybody’s family is dysfunctional in some way through the years (even the Royals!).

Thank you everybody for the tips on thickeners for sauces. I did end up trying Xanthum Gum last night – about 1/8 teaspoon (for 1 serve), but have definitely woken up bloated. Taste wise though it was fine and definitely did the job.

JGwen and everybody else who have contributed to the carb count chat – thanks for your well researched information. I am taking it all on board. I think I will order one of the ketone breathalysers, because as you point out JGwen, all of our bodies are going to be different and it is probably best to know what works for my body.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Sunny you are on the 6th March thread, new one for 6th April.

• posted by florob85
    on

There’s a mistake in the title sunshine-girl – hence my light hearted attempt at humour in my post 😉 – Wendy I meant it completely in jest, you are a darling!

L x

• posted by wendleg
    on

SORRY everyone , my mistake !! I messed up !

I will have to set up a new thread for APRIL , oops !!!

Wendy

Please log in or register to post a reply.