ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning 6th August 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

My goodness, what a week it has been for me but next week will be better , I feel sure ! So let’s head into this 2nd week with determination, enthusiasm, motivation and respect for all. As you all know, this thread thrives because it welcomes everyone with kindness and empathy…so if you want reassurance, just drop in and chat .There are lots of people at different stages of the Fast 800 who you can call to answer any of your queries. We run alongside the sister August thread for those who want shorter weekly targets and we look forward to welcoming you !

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hello my lovely lady and thank you for setting up the new thread for this week. I will try and keep my eye on it too so you can enjoy your son and take care of the big man. Sending hugs❤️❤️

I wrote my post for today on the old weekly thread😂😂😱. Weigh in for me tomorrow and new dress already a little bigger on me😂😂❤️🤗. See you all tomorrow! Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by BikeyGuy
    on

Good evening all, (Monday 5th, 8:05pm, Edinburgh)
    I think I’ll only pop in to the One Week At A Time threads to put up my progress one week at a time, partly to let you know that the token male is still on the go, and partly because these threads are so lively and I can’t keep up with them 🙂
    So, week10 of my fast800 has produced a 3lb discard for a running total of 32.4lbs. My “spikes” are at 9.6lbs so on paper I’ve really lost 42lbs. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
    The tale so far . . .
    Starting on 27th May at 190.6lbs, in week 1 I lost 8.4lbs which was 4.4% of my bodyweight, wk2 2.6lbs =5.8%, wk3 3.2lbs =7.5%, wk4 4.8lbs = 10%, wk5 1.6lbs =10.8%, wk6 1.6lbs =11.6%, wk7 2.4lbs =12.9%, wk8 1.6lbs =14.1%, wk9 2.6lbs =15.4%, wk10 3.0lbs =17% and I’m currently at 158.2lbs or 11st 4.2lbs.
    I know most of you will have glazed over at that stream of figures, but for anyone starting out you’ll see that the story of your weight-loss will not be a straight line.
    The original aim was to get to 12st which was roughly what I weighed 4yrs ago when I was working, and is the upper limit of my healthy weight range on BMI charts, but in no particular time-frame. So next is to get to 11st simply as a target, hopefully by the end of week 12, and then eventually to 10.5st which was my best-ever adult weight about 20yrs ago when I was cycling every day, and is around mid-way in my healthy weight range.
    A wee hint if you’re in the early stages of your plan – invest in some linseeds/flaxseeds. I discovered very early that as I wasn’t taking in nearly as much food as I used to, what I was eating wasn’t proceeding through my system at the same rate and so was much firmer than I was used to, to be polite. I add a couple of teaspoons to my morning smoothie and am now much happier with my “progress”, shall we say.
    All the best, onward and downward!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – sorry for the lack of posting, have been working a new job as a food stylist on a movie and it literally leaves you no time to do anything but work, feed the cat and sleep. I’ve just had two days and nights of night shoots plus shopping and picking up stuff during the day. I started yesterday at 9am and finished around 2am and still had a 29 mile drive to get home!
    Was woken earlier than I wanted this morning by Albert who I assumed wanted some food but no, turned out he just wanted cuddles and that was enough to send him back to sleep and me wide awake…
    I’ve been doing the egg fast but yesterday was my first day off it – I was on set and they feed you “breakfast” at 4pm when you’re doing a night shoot and “lunch” at 10:30pm. We have catered food which is usually pretty good so I just had beef, ignored the rice and salad and some zucchini. We also have someone on set all the time called “Crafty” who has all the high carb snacks and in the past it has been my downfall. It’s all the things I would never buy for myself and you can try and eat them for free so I must work on a different mindset! All I took yesterday was fizzy water so that was a success but I confess to having a few handfuls of potato chips from my food styling stuff (I’m surrounded by and cooking and plating all kinds of food so there is a lot of temptation! My next shoots are a cafe scene with lots of pastries and then a cocktail party with canapes so will be even more challenging) because I was starving and there was nothing else around.
    Today marks my start of a three week hard-core being super diligent challenge with Elky, which I outlined last week in the August thread. Hoping this will help me move from almost 5 month stall. Egg Fast doesn’t seem to work for me so think that will be my last.
    I’m so far behind in everyone’s post from last week’s thread so apologies if you were lovely and supportive towards me, I did read everything but didn’t have time to reply so starting over with this one. All the best to everybody for a new week xxx

• posted by EC
    on

Hi all from downunder
    sixturkeys-I promise you that drop bears are an urban myth!!! specifically made up to terrify tourists (or keep them away?)

bikeyguy..those stats are great-and your “discard” commendable-I hope I can post such success in 7 more weeks! (not quite that much though)

Kafifn I also have a very vocal cat (who also “forgets” that she was fed only 5 mins ago!)

I’m still chugging along well-skirts seem a little looser this week-must start at least taking measurements til I get new scales (though my dog-walking friend did comment that my face was looking thinner (good news for the pending passport pic!!)
    I can also report that I have been in ketosis the last 5 days with blood sugars below 4 the past three (apparently it’s the ratio of the two that counts as well)

wishing all a wonderful rest of the week

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

LouiseKangaroo – this was my first full week of 3 x 42. I’ve been doing 2 x 42, OMAD & TMAD previously, while transitioning over. I’ve enjoyed this week – it fits well for me as I work Monday, Wednesday & Friday so it’s handy in that respect. Will need a few weeks to see how the weighloss compares I think – it’s difficult to compare with the F800 I guess as my weightloss may slow naturally at this point regardless. I enjoy not having to measure stuff though, it’s very liberating, and it seems to fit with my lifestyle, allowing me go off piste and then drop straight back onto plan.

alliecat – thanks for the compliment! I tend to sell the honey to folks at work, or through word of mouth locally – although a quarter of this batch will go to a mate to raise money for the local Beavers & Scouts. Still got to jar it all – another task for another day as I still haven’t got the kitchen un-stickied! I’m also planning on making a bit of mead, which I haven’t done for years, so I need to soak all the wax cappings to get the honey off them to use in that. Yum!

6T – sounds like those size 10 jeans are soooo close! You’ll be back in them in no time. I found a pair of size 8 trousers in my wardrobe when clearing it out the other day; given I’m just squeezing into an 18 with a wing a prayer, I put them back, at the back 😂! Not sure I’ll ever get back in them actually, as I was running a lot so had very toned legs when I got them – don’t think I’ll be seeing those days again! I have been ruthless though, and bagged up everything that is too big for me or threatening to be too big for me, and off it’s gone to charity. Even the pair of size 28 trousers from about 15 years ago when I was at my biggest – I kept them to remind me never to put the weight back on. Well, that didn’t work, so they’ve gone too – I feel I don’t need them now, if you know what I mean. If I want to wear ‘new’ clothes, I’ll have to work my way down into the stuff that’s left!

Wend – Thanks for setting up the new thread. Glad your husband is starting to feel a bit better. I’m sure the physio will help and he’ll be home before you know it, which will be so much better for both of you.

Birdy – glad your dress fits well; terrible dilemma when you don’t want stuff to be too big to wear!

BikeyGuy – great loss, well done! Great tip around linseeds (I love them) and flaxseeds; other options I’ve found are psyllium husk (although I mainly use that in keto baking, to be fair!) and chia seeds.

Kafin – sorry to read you’ve been struggling with a stall. I’ve heard that cutting out dairy and nuts / nut butters can help, if you eat them. Hope your super dilligent challenge helps.

As for me, today was WI 13, with a 2.2lb loss, taking me to 45.6lb overall. Quite happy with that, given the prosecco shenanigans on Sunday! I never made it to martial arts last night – I had an awful night sleep on Sunday night with lots of leg cramp so by last night I was in bed by just after 8pm and the class doesn’t start until 8.30pm! Still trying to work out the leg cramps thing, having tried most of the brilliant suggestions from several threads ago – yesterday, the doctor suggested quinine tablets, but I’ve said I’ll give it a few weeks and see how I go – the lack of sleep is starting to be a nuisance though. Think I need more salt in my diet – having been brought up believing that salt causes high blood pressure and raises risk of strokes etc, reading more recent research has changed my stance on salt use and I’m trying to change my diet accordingly, but I’m struggling to remember that I need to cook with salt and add some to my water on fasting days to ensure I get enough now I’m not eating processed food – I’m doing it, but need to add more!

Someone at work finally noticed I’d lost some weight, last Friday – and my hairdresser noticed about three weeks ago, so I guess it’s starting to show. My husband assures me it’s obvious, but it’s always so much harder to see it yourself. I am starting to see it though and actually feel smaller, which is great. We’re planning on booking a holiday to Mexico for next year, which is where we got married, so my new target is to be down to the weight I was when we were married, by then. I think I was around the 10st 10lb mark at the time, but I was running a lot and a bit of a gym bunny, so a rather different shape to how I’ll probably end up this time! So, 5 stone to go in just under a year – maybe a bit more, for the icing on the cake. I’m going to carry on with my 3 x 42 fasts for the next two and a half weeks, then things get a bit tricky as we’re off to stay with my parents for a week (time for that surfing lesson I booked – gulp!). However, my parents doing the 5:2 version of Fast800 and my mum is getting very interested in keto and fasting, so if I offer to cook for a few of the nights, I can probably limit the damage. Although I’m expecting prosecco related scenarios most evenings! It’s cool, I’ll be back on it as soon as we’re back (and the kids go back to school – hallelujah!), but I’d best make the next couple of weeks count before we go!

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, I am here, just not feeling chatty at present.
    Work gets busy for me during school holidays. – My main source of income is running a large holiday let and people seem to want short breaks in the UK, so lots of cleaning and having to deal with draining people.

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

@beegirl that’s exactly how I picked the “protocol” of 3 days fasting every week, they just match the days I’m at work! 🙂 From Wednesday to Friday. It’s probably one of the keys to success, find something that fits your life, rather than the other way around. That way, we’ll be consistent and stick with it and kick goals.
    Make the next 2.5 weeks count! 😀 Although it sounds like the stay at your parents could go alright since they are IF/Keto/Fasting educated… 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi BeeGirl & Louise
    BeeGirl – I’m just catching up with posts after a few days away and wanted to say thanks for responding about the fasting. It’ll be good to hear your thoughts about what you feel you gain, and how ‘stickable with’ the 3 days is a bit further down the line.
    LouiseKangaroo – you too. I know you mentioned somewhere that you’re particularly interested in losing a bit more off your waist. That’s one of the things I’m keen on. I’m now in the healthy BMI range but need to lose a bit more from my waist. I’ve done the BSD (800 cals, 20g carbs and 16:8 time restricted eating). I’ve done up to 42 hr fasts before but just never managed to be consistent. I’m looking to do 3 days a week once I’m permanently at home again (Oct/Nov) so will follow how you both go xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

BikeyGuy
    I was interested in what you said on the last thread about drinking various fruit teas. Tea and coffee with milk are a bit of a weakness for me – those cals and carbs soon mount up – so I’m going to give your idea of rotating a number of fruit teas a go as a way of weaning me off my regular ‘cuppa’.
    Hope everyone else has a great week.
    Jennie xx

• posted by LimitedEditionBonusPack
    on

Hello everyone. I’m starting this week at 172lbs. My goal is to lose 3 lbs and get out of the 170’s.

Wendleg- I hope your husband continues to improve and is back to himself soon!
    Bikeyguy- Congratulations on your great progress 😀

Yesterday morning started with an exploded glass jar of salsa on the kitchen/dining room floor(but I’m the one who did it…and it’s really clean now on the plus side). Then I got my sons birth certificates at the health department so I can enroll my 5 year old in school. I don’t know how it is other places, but here you have to wait and wait. It took 2 and a half hours. It was 2 hours before they called our number to take our birth certificate search applications and collect their fee, and another half hour for them to print them out and give them to us. Considering I was waiting with a 2 and a 5 year old it went pretty well, but it was not a good time.
    This morning was better, we watered the garden(stakes were added yesterday evening to hold up the quickly growing tomatoes) and gave it some plant food. It is almost time to plant other things in the ground for our fall garden from what I have read. I have never successfully grown a garden before, and one of the tomato plants has tiny tomatoes on it, so I am pretty excited. Then we took our puppy to the park.
    I hope everyone has a good day today and a successful week.

on

@jennie10 that’s right, I still have fat to lose despite being now BMI 23. All the other indicators still put me as very overweight.
    My frame is very small, I’m 171-172 Cm (5 foot 7?!) and my wrist is only 14cm, same for my ankle.
    Some calculation suggest that for my frame I should be 59-61kg which I haven’t been since turning 21yo 😅😅 my goal is 65…
    I am doing a DEXA scan soon to see how much fat I have in the wrong place cause that’s the only thing that matter to me.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Like JGwen, I didn’t feel like chatting much yesterday, either.It was a difficult day with hubby expressing frustration and some morphine induced delusions which were a bit alarming.
    Anyway things have settled and it looks likely that he will be released from hospital Friday as they are happy with his progess. No respiratory complications, just healing.He is walking but with assistance.
    We are definitely over the worst.I finally got to see my son today which was very emotional and boosted me after the last few days .
    I am still doing OMAD although I managed a boiled egg this morning while I was preparing hubby’s salad.He has been desperate for fresh food and hardly eating in the hospital and a simple mixed salad with boiled eggs was a treat. He has asked for Roquefort tomorro so he is definitely on the mend 😉 I will allow him that but definitely no family-sized bags of crisps 😉
    Is everyone ok ? Sorry to be neglecting the new members but hopefully I will be able to check in more regularly very soon. Thanks to those who have stepped in to help keep the thread going xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I see that it has been a bit quiet today… I have had to do some work, outrageous, and have had a lovely evening catching up with precious friends (after 35 years, the odd few months absence make no difference). I am a bit down on the jelly belly front; that discarding on the scales will have no effect. And it’s just due to allowing myself to go to pot….

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Wendy — aaaaah, the request for Roquefort! Proof your OH must be on the mend! I’m so glad to hear he wants strong cheese, it definitely seems to be a good sign — I’m sure the morphine delirium was difficult for you, and glad you had your son there for support.
    Just keeping you in my thoughts and wishing your OH a continuing fast and uneventful recovery.
    It’s a difficult time for all of you. I hope all the good wishes from around the world are making it easier.
    Julia

on

Verano, I am thinking of you also this morning. I hope you are ok — let us know if you are able to do so.
    Julia

on

Six turkeys, really, WORK? How very annoying ha ha! I hate it when that happens!
    I hear we’ve got a big storm coming in — looking forward to it! (Might as well look forward to it as there is no alternative)!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Morning All! Apologies, have not posted much this week. The last 2 nights I’ve been catching up with family on the phone so before I know it, it’s 8.30pm and I’ve had no dinner! So I skipped it! I’m feeling really tired by the end of the day at the moment. Probably because the last 3 weekends have been taken up with physical work like single handedly getting beds and mattresses down the stairs and then the new replacements up the stairs! I’ve triggered my sciatica but today, touch wood, it’s okay – thank you, ibuprofen! Lots of tip runs too. It feels so good to de-clutter. Well, the upstairs anyway. Still got the downstairs to do but I’ll take this weekend off and give my back a rest!
    I’ve switched to having breakfast and lunch this week, which was unplanned. But still doing 16/8. It’ll be interesting to see if it makes a difference.
    So glad to hear about the request for Roquefort, Wendy. He’s getting his appetite back. Wouldn’t it be marvelous if this spell in hospital engineers a craving for clean, fresh foods?! 🙂
    Ok, real work is getting in my way also so best get back to the grind. The big boss or grande fromage, is back from his holidays and don’t I know it!
    Have a good day/evening all!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by CrispsForBreakfast
    on

Loving all the inspiring discards 😊 I think I’m finally at the other side of my stall as I discarded 1.5lbs today 🎉 for a total of 13lbs in 2.5 weeks! So glad I kept going.

Good luck everyone x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hello to one and all! I have just received my order of new clothes for my holiday and few items need to be taken back as they are actually too big😂.

C4B well done on your discard! I am so happy that you didn’t give up either and it has paid off.

Wendy such good news about your OH and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is soon home where he will get the living care from you to help speed up his recovery. I am sure you will get him on your golden latte’s to help with his inflammation. You are such a special person and I know he can only come on leaps and bounds with you caring for him. Love you dear dear friend❤️❤️

JGwen I can imagine how much work you have to put in for your holiday let and my hat is off to you for doing it and looking after you weight and putting up with people that are a pain!🥰🥰

I am down to 14-3 and I am even slimmer than I was when I met my OH 6 years ago 🤗🤗💞💞. I am over the moon. I have been quiet as I have had my bestie here for a visit with her too beautiful girls and we have been out and about entertaining them❤️😂. They have now left unfortunately but we have our holiday to look forward too. I have two more night shifts and then it is two weeks of sun(hopefully) sea🥰🥰. So looking forward to this one and showing off a slimmer me! My bestie said it is the smallest she has ever seen me and she has known me since we were 17😂😂😱 nearly 30years❤️❤️. We stay in the same place every year as it has everything and the people are so lovely 😊 I am sure they will notice the difference in me too🤞🤞.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weeks and 6T I don’t think my apron will ever go so don’t worry and just think of all that you have achieved my lovely. Birdy💞🦜😘

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Well , hubby scoffed the whole pack of Roquefort with the salad I brought in, leaving the yucky hospital food languishing in its microwaved containers. He is being allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow after a 10 day stay. Not the best August we ‘ve ever had but we are over the worst, no complications and it’s about healing and pain management now.

He is looking forward to a good, hearty meal which won’t include crisps ! I reckon all these meds are playing havoc with his gut microbiome too which needs urgent attention.

So the weekend will be an attempt to get back to our ‘normal’ routine. My sister won’t expect to be entertained and to have her and my son here right now is perfectly timed !
    I have no idea how I am progressing to my 70 kg/11 stone target . OMAD most days which will come to an end on Saturday as I understand it’s not good to do it for too long. My meals tend to be a salad and some protein , kept very simple.
    I am going to check on the thread now xx

on

Great news Wendy!! Appetite return is always a good sign of someone getting better.
    Your hubby must be looking to be home and you must be glad not to have to keep going back and forth between your home and the hospital.
    France usually have really good out patient support so I’m sure you’ll get lots of nurses visit that will help his recovery.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Louise
    Yes, the medical care has been excellent in the hospital , I have no experience of the Urgences and Réanimation units in France but I am very impressed.
    I have arranged a ‘medical bed’ for my hubby, just to enable him to rest and heal comfortably .It’s set up downstairs and the loo is close by so I will worry less than if he were wandering around upstairs in the dead of night !
    It’s about finding the correct balance of pain relief now .

I sent another long message on the forum and it has disppeared again. !! I must get into the habit of saving my posts in Word so I can copy them !!! So irritating !!!

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, sorry not to have checked in for a few days but I haven’t been completely well (migraine). And then this morning I stepped on the scales and discovered that I have somehow managed to put on half a kilo, despite my breathalyser being off the charts high just now (as per Kafin’s post on the Egg Fast thread), so I am not best pleased with myself. Ah well, I guess all I can do is hope for a reversal.

Wendy, it’s such great news that T will be home for the weekend, and that you have family with you to offer additional support. Just consider this weekend to be the start of your August! Big hugs, hon.

Birdy, I cannot believe how well you are doing, you’re fading before our collective eyes. Congratulations, you gorgeous girl 😊

Hope everyone has a grand weekend,

Onwards and downwards, Elky

• posted by wendleg
    on

Right everyone I am geetting back to normal and on nagging duty !!
    Hubby is back home and we are trying to get back to our usual routine although it will take time. I asked him what he fancied eating when he got home. He said crisps but I refused !!! I know it’s harsh but I need him to heal and that means good, nourishing food.
    It’s so good to have him home .Fortunately the garden survived . That was the first thing he did when he arrived ..to check on the veggies.
    Two friends have arrived from the Uk in their caravan and are staying for 2/3 days. I have been advising on low carb as one of the friends is pre diabetic and has health and mobility issues as well as the weight. She is detemined to get stuck in so she is eating like me to see how she copes.
    The forums are quiet at the moment . 6T , Sunshine girl, SunnyB, caronl, Californiagirl, are you all ok ?
    V , thinking of you xxx
    Keep going Elky. That weight gain is insignificant and doesn’t make sense. Are you finding any difference in your clothes ?
    How are you getting on, Limited Edition ? Hi Jennie !
    Beegirl , what brilliant results ! Where is Bikeyguy ? How are you EC ?
    Don’t disappear, folks . I am back !!
    Lots of love
    Wendy xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendy, and welcome back to a more normal August. So pleased to hear that your husband is home, and very best wishes for his recovery. I am still here but in lurking mode. I’ve had a few seriously off track days – ostensibly while entertaining guests – but probably more for other reasons. So starting back on it again today. Is your son still with you?

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Oh Wendy I’m so glad you’ve finally got your husband back home. It must be a huge relief for you. And it will be so lovely having your family and friends around you too. Have a great weekend and I hope your husband continues with a good recovery and is back to normal very soon. I’m afraid I’d have been a big softie and let him have his crisps so good on you for being strong.

• posted by EC
    on

Hi all and very glad you have your husband back Wendy (and thanks for the nagging!!)
    Elky sorry to hear re the migraine-I get them too and they’re a ghastly thing!-hope you’re back to normal-likewise sorry to hear f your sciatica KazzUK-that I fortunately don’t suffer from, but I know it’s meant to be v painful
    hi’s to everyone else

I’ve been distracted by deadlines for work but still plodding away at BSD

I discontinued the keto after two weeks (stopped today) as I found with the amount of fat you’re supposed to have it was getting hard to get within 800cals and still find enough room for protein! also was struggling eating so much high fat dairy!!-but a good experiment. I lost weight but no more than on the 800 eating normally, so happy to be back to a more normal diet (and more fibre!!)

Still cold and wintry here-snow on the mountain and lots of rain today which the garden is loving…..and had to go out in it anyway with the border collie!
    Our boiler is on the blink so no central heating at the moment, so it’s a heater in the office and fire in the loungeroom
    When I did this woe two years ago it was also winter and we were renovating and had no kitchen floor so maybe it’s my lot to be calorie restricting and cold!!-maybe a bit of shivering will stimulate the brown fat!

Eating lunch out tomorrow (a rare treat for us!) but it’s a good vegetarian cafe and I know the great chef so I’m sure I’ll be fine
    Wishing all a great weekend! (mine’s half over-Sat bedtime now 🙂 )

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, just popping by to say hello. I know I’ve been a bit quiet lately, but I’m still here, plugging away.

Not much to update from me. As EC said it was a freezing cold weekend across the whole of south eastern Australia I think, so I spent most of my time reading in front of the fire. It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it 😊

EC, I did laugh at your suggestion of shivering so much you stimulate the brown fat. In that podcast with Ben Bikman that JGwen posted recently, he talks about having cold showers for that very reason. I seriously considered it for about 30 seconds but… Canberra in winter!!! I just couldn’t face it. I don’t like cold showers even on a stinking hot summer day, the thought of it on a winter morning… I don’t know if I could bring myself to do it if I was guaranteed to lose a kilo for every cold shower. Well OK, maybe I would… maybe. Mind you, I think Ben Bikman lives in Utah and they have serious winters, so he’s clearly a tough soul. That or his house is better insulated than mine lol

I still haven’t managed to discard the half kilo that magically appeared the other day, which I am a trifle vexed about (says she, with masterful understatement). But I shall just stick with the plan, it has to disappear eventually. That or I’ll get out the sandpaper 😊

Have a grand day everyone, Elky

• posted by Megaboja
    on

Hi, I have been on this diet for 3 weeks now and I have to say I am very disappointed in the results. I consume 600 – 750 calories per day (only having mediternane style food like eggs, fish, chicken and salad), drink 2ltrs of water (I don’t drink alcohol, never have) and walk 12,500 steps per day, as well as do HIT twice a week. So far after 3 weeks I have not lost any weight, my fat percentage is still a whooping 45.3%. I am loosing faith in this diet and considering giving it up. I feel like the only thing I can do to loose weight is not eat at all.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    So that those of us who have been successful with this way of eating can share with you some of our hints and tips we need a little more information.

Can you give us some more information on your eating program, what sort of things are you eating and most importantly what is the breakdown of carbs, fat and protein?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Elky,
    That little gain may have been a good gain, increase in bone density or muscle, so maybe its not something you want to sand paper away. 🙂

I have been glad that the local sports centre doesn’t offer a plunge pool near the sauna, but then the general swimming pool is kept at such a low temp it will probably do the same job. :-0

• posted by Megaboja
    on

Hi JGwen,

Breakfast = Sustagen drink for breakfast (225 calories)
    Lunch = 2 x boiled eggs, 2 x carrot sticks, 2 x celery sticks, small side salad (tomotoes, snow peas, spinach, kale and lettuce leaf) (200 calories)
    Dinner = 1 x Basa fish or chicken (without the skin) and salad (same as above but will include grated beetroot and some grated cheese). Though the other night we tried the zucchini pizza bites (zucchini, ham and cheese). (250 calories)
    Oh and the salad has homemade dressing of olive oil and lemon juice.
    If I need to snack it will be carrot sticks, celery sticks and tiny bit of tasty cheese. Only once have I had tzaiki dip with the carrots and celery
    All meals have minimal fat and carbs.
    My husband says that stress can also make it difficult to loose weight as your body is flooded with Cortisol. (Cortisol is released when you are under stress. If you are under constant stress, cortisol is continuously being released in your body. Producing too much can destroy muscles, have a negative effect on the metabolism, and generate abdominal fat. Too much cortisol in your body may be the reason you aren’t losing weight, despite all your hard work.)
    I have been under stress for the past 6 months, but then again I have been stressed a lot during my life and never had trouble loosing weight on a diet.
    I really hope this information helps as I really need some guidance – am I doing the right thing?
    Cheers:) EW

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, megaboja. I can well understand your frustration, for I’ve never seen, in the hundreds of stories I’ve read
    here over the past 2 years, anyone fail to lose weight if macros line up properly. Do you have any underlying health
    issues or medications that might impact on your progress? The BSD is a low carb, MODERATE protein, high
    (healthy) fat lifestyle. Are you weighing and measuring your calorie and carb intake? People define low carb as
    being <50g per day, but some of us have had to go as low as <20g/day to achieve the results we were expecting.
    Excess protein is also an impediment to weight loss. Not all calories are created equal, and it’s the type of calories
    that matter. If you are able to give us the figures on how many grams of protein and carbs you have been eating,
    I suspect the problem may reside there. If you can be more specific about what you have eaten for the past 3 wks,
    we may be able to identify the problem. Please don’t admit defeat until you allow us an opportunity to help! 🙂
    Knowing your starting point, and what your goals are would be helpful, too. We all go through a learning curve
    when beginning this WOE, and there is lots of support available here to get you headed toward success. Please
    share whatever you are comfortable with, and we will do our best! 🙂

Allie

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.
    Just seeing if I can post this from my phone as I was denied access to the forum yesterday everytime I attempted to post from my laptop . Kazz says this has happened before…I have no idea what was causing it. So ..here goes ….

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes ! At least I can post from.my phone..phew !
    Just a quick Hi to everyone. The forum has been quiet recently. Maybe people are away ? Hubby continues to improve although it is going to take time for all.the fractures to mend. He is still very reliant on a cocktail of painkillers but at least he is eating good nourishing food.
    More later ! X x

• posted by Megaboja
    on

Hi Allie,
    I have been consuming less than 20g of carb a day but haven’t been counting it too closely. As to the protein, not too sure at this stage but I had chicken yesterday for the first time in 8 days, and I so love my chicken, so may I gorged too much there. I currently way 81.2kg with a body fat of 45.3% and a total BMI of 29.5. I have no underlying health issues, however I am 47 and heading into the pre-menopausal stage of my life (so my husband claims lol). Consequently, Aunt Flow just popped in, so that could explain why I didn’t loose weight in the last week. My goal is to get to 68kg with a body fat of no higher than 30%, the BMI will adjust itself accordingly. This week I will add carb and protein count to my spreadsheet and get back to you with the results on Sunday.
    Thank you very much for your support Allie it is much appreciated.
    Cheers:) EW

• posted by alliecat
    on

EW, my pleasure, I assure you! There will be many others who will join in with their thoughts, experiences, and
    ideas also. Dropping down to 20g carbs per day is a real commitment, and you have a community here all ready to
    be the wind beneath your wings when you need us. I’ll have my attention focused on your next set of stats… and
    let’s figure this out together 🙂

Allie

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – just wanted to say hi 😊. I’ve been working some crazy hours and didn’t have much time to check but the forum did seem a bit quiet and turns out, somehow I was no longer subscribed. So I’m just now catching up with everyone – will be back tomorrow xx

• posted by Elky
    on

JGwen, you made me laugh with your comment about the pool temperature!! And thank you for your encouraging thought about muscle gain, I’m not terribly optimistic but I guess you could be right. I am trying to get back into extended fasts (which should result in elevated growth hormone) so I’ll keep my fingers crossed….

EW, I expect there are many different varieties of Sustagen drink out there, so this may be way off base, but have you checked the nutrition panel of the one you’re drinking at breakfast? I just looked up a couple online and they are high in carbs – one serve about 250 calories but a whopping 41g carbs (of which about half is sugar). As I say, your version may be different, but I thought I’d flag this just in case.

Wendy, hope all continues to progress well with T and that you’re having a wonderful time with your visitors 😊

Hello to everyone else too 😊

Have a grand day, Elky

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello everyone ….. apologies for another absence, but last week was busy, busy with grandchildren, the last of whom left this morning. I have skimmed though the posts here so far, but as there are so many, I will just offer congratulations to those who saw a reduction of some kind last week and to all for great things this week.

I start this week 3lb off my target weight, which is a wincey little discard from this time last week. Now that the house and my life is my own again, my aim this week is to maintain focus and see a further discard this time next week and also to increase my activity and participation on the forum again.

Wendy – thanks for continuing to host this weekly thread, despite all that has been going on for you recently.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Apologies for absence everyone and my delay in starting the new weekly thread . I will get it up and running tomorrow..even if that makes for a short week . We need to keep this thread alive ! Ok here ..just busy xxx
    Love to everyone
    Wendy x

Please log in or register to post a reply.