One Week at a time beginning 5th October 2021: October Reboot !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

On we go as October begins . I don’t really want to think about Christmas right now but I suppose the idea of there being just 3 months until the end of the year is quite weird !

Let’s hope that we can continue to find strength together to support each other through the tough times and celebrate good days . For me it’s dealing with and reacting to unexpected events !

Whatever your challenges and struggles , as always there is always a sympathetic ear on our thread and someone ready to pop in to uplift you .

Sunny and SG will be busy on holiday but they will check in when they can and we wish them a peaceful break . I expect sunshinegirl will be visiting prospective properties ? All the best to them and to our friendly band of members xx
    Wendy xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I think this is the latest list

Wendleg /Wendy
    SunnyB
    Sunshine girl/Denise
    Florab85 /Lauren
    Onestep
    Elle-mae
    Orange Panda Momma/Amz
    RubyG and hubby
    Windyjulz
    Antigone
    Tulip/Clare
    Arcticfox
    JGwen
    California girl/Julia
    Caronl
    Merry melba
    AlysJ
    Stresseatingpro
    CurryTruck
    Iggyboo
    LindaandHubby
    Annie W
    Handles
    Rockandrolltofu
    shammy

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks Wendy x

• posted by wendleg
    on

How is everyone doing ?
    I ended my fast today at 1pm and it felt ok this week . Smoked mackerel , watercress and avocado was my lunch !

It has turned decidedly autumnal here so after collecting my car from the garge I have just been tootling and working on my pastel lessons . I’m wearing tights and a cardi !!

I found this link today from dietdoctor . It’s about mindset and motivation . I hope you find it useful .

https://www.dietdoctor.com/weight-loss/successful-mindset?fbclid=IwAR3nJc-0Zu-rdIibVKziyD16rrp7sHyPn8V-2oy9odCO5oOhG8aZQP5fZVE

Take care everyone xx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Wendy. I love anything with avocado 😍 I definitely hope you are wearing more than tights and a cardi lol. It’s very autumnal here too, sunny but very windy. I am just about to go on today’s walk. Later today may go through wardrobe and chuck out clothes that are too big, I have found a few items that I haven’t worn in years that now fit. Wearing a stripy top and waistcoat today.
    I think a hat is essential to keep the ears warm.
    Have a great day everyone x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks for setting up a new week Wendy. And for keeping it going while Sunny and I are away – not together.

Just a shout out to Lauren, so sad to hear your news. There is not much that can be said at this time but big big hugs.

Been sorting out documentation for the trip – what a faff. Booked PCR for day 2, locator forms, Brittany Ferries passenger declarations and a form on our honour for when we come back. I doubt the authorities will have time to read everything. Fortunately, we no longer need the PCR/Antigen test to travel. Daughter is going to set us up with a few viewings when we get over – just to show us what is available so we feel comfortable about moving back. Although at the moment UK is in a right old mess. Not too worried about the future as once things have settled it will be all okay. Fingers crossed. On that note we are taking back 35.25 litres of wine (our allowance is 36 litres so we just got it right). Hopefully, it wont all get drunk as it is partly our contribution to the wedding next year.

Have a good week everyone and I will be back around 20th. Will pop in from time to time but think I am going to be quite busy. Oh, and the diet. I seem to be still losing weight but that wont last.

• posted by GAD
    on

I’ve decided to start this again, and be accountable. Currently nearing 14st and need to lose at least 2 to be healthy and a sustainable weight. Figure that watching others will inspire and comfort in equal measure.

• posted by GAD
    on

Sorry, posted too soon. There was a suggestion in the BSD800 group to join, so hope that is alright with everyone?

• posted by OrangePandaMomma
    on

Past few days weren’t great. My goal is to get back on track and work on consistency.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

OrangePandaMomma you can do it we are all here to support you😁.
    GAD, Welcome! People on here are very supportive.
    Has anyone had any success with making courgetti, I find the spirilizer very difficult to use, it hurts my hand and is slippery and the courgette is often too big for it. I tried with a mandolin today but I might as well have grated it. I ended up cutting it (too thick) with a knife. The only way I can think to use courgette is to cut into quarters and then slice and fry in olive oil and just use it that way. What I really want is something like a food processor to do it. I think you used to be able to buy it ready made but haven’t seen it recently.

• posted by florob85
    on

Elle I make courgetti using a grater, I can’t be bothered with the spiraliser! I just use the big holes on the grater and run the courgette down it lengthwise to get courgette length strips if that makes sense?

Otherwise OXO good grips do a hand held spiraliser that’s basically like a pencil sharpener- you put it on the end of the vegetable you want to spiralise and then turn it round like you’re sharpening a pencil – they aren’t expensive I don’t think

• posted by RubyG
    on

Courgette – I have one of those pencil-sharpener types (bought very cheaply at middle of Lidl) as well as a small, neat spiraliser which works very well, but if the courgette is too large (or has morphed into a marrow) then like Lauren I grate on the coarse side of the grater.
    We are currently enjoying many meals of stuffed marrow!

• posted by Onestep
    on

Hi everyone,

Hi GAD, all in the same boat here so fab to share these experiences.

Elle I’m the same with courgettes, too much of a faff to spirialise so grated and added egg for a bit frittata, was quite nice, even the kids enjoyed it which was unusual. Usually I Chuck them in with the roast veg.

All going ok here, can’t help but keep drifting back to 800-900 calories seems it’s engraved in me now and not complaining, went up 2 lbs over the weekend as just kept pushing the boundaries but all gone again today.
    Hubby seems to be at a very long plateau, more than 4 weeks none on but none off, which is getting him down, but he’s not as strict so he’s finally given up the sweeteners in his tea and a few other changes so we will see.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week xx

• posted by GAD
    on

Thank you. It’s good to be here. I have a spiraliser that I bought for £10 on Amazon. It’s good a well made, but a real faff to clean.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Thank you florob85 and Ruby I will try the grater next time x

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Antigone – we have one of the Renpho tape measures – bought at the same time as the scales. The scales are wonderful but the tape is a bit of a faff – you have to make sure you are on the right part of the body & press the button for it on the app correctly. SO many times I’ve done it wrongly. The scales is a doddle, the tape measure less so. You can always add your measurements yourself. I’ll be totally honest & say I’ve just used them twice in 6 months. The tape is very narrow & OK it’s harder to cheat – which is perhaps a good thing BUT unless it’s at a knock-down price then I wouldn’t bother. Use the old fashioned tape measure & put in the measurements yourself on the app. Had to get another battery for mine also so stick to the old fashioned way.

Lauren sweetie – hugs & good wishes for the wonderful future that is coming for you. XXX

We have a spiraliser – still in the box from 6 months back. It’s too big for our small kitchen at the moment so hasn’t seen the light of day yet. We’re OK with cauliflower & broccoli just broken up or mashed to put curries etc. on. Got used to just using them the easy way instead of preparing cauliflower rice etc. You get used to eating them mashed or broken up quite quickly & they taste as good as pasta etc. Have been thinking of making Pasta with eggs – you all have to look at Heavenly Fan on you-tube for some brilliant hacks at making pasta & believe it or not chips!!!! We haven’t made any so far as we’re happy at the moment doing what we’re doing & making life/food easier.

Keep on keeping it off, Love & hugs to all XXXX

• posted by florob85
    on

Thank you Linda, Sg, Wendy, Ruby, Tulip, Amz and everyone else for your good wishes and kind thoughts xx

• posted by Antigone
    on

Thank you Linda for the Renpho tape advice. I am finding the Renpho scales very helpful. Last week I lost 4kilos – I have kept to low calories but carbs have been higher than I’d like but it seems I got away with it. Pleased with that. Hubby made chips last night and I ate a few – rude not too ( and he makes very good ‘proper’ chips with our home grown potatoes)!
    Hope everyone is doing well and that our intrepid travellers are having fun.
    Its dry here today so I have a day of horse riding and gardening!
    KOKO!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Well, things aren’t exactly going well with the diet, but they could be worse…..have lost the top couple of pounds but still 7 to go to get back to target, and really I’m somewhat half hearted on the eating (I am trying, but my willpower seems to have gone on holiday, maybe somewhere hot, with a beach and cocktails, mmmmm) and I can’t exercise at the moment (or play my clarinet!!) as still not well, which is hugely frustrating….

Any how, love to all, I may be tearing my hair out by Sunday, as to top off a fantastic week (family car also broke down and is kaput this week!!!!!) my sister in law is coming down for the weekend, o.m.g. send calming thoughts please 😂😂😂

Tulip xxxxx

• posted by florob85
    on

I’m just about to jump on a meeting and be simultaneously teaching at the same time, because apparently I am now superwoman, but I just wanted to send some zen to tulip x

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Lauren, I seriously think yoh must be superwoman!
    Thank you 😚😚😚

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Wow Lauren, you show those men how to multitask 😉

• posted by Julinka
    on

Hello, I’m new to the site. I’ve just bought the BSD as I need to lose a lot of kg. My doctor recommended it.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Hello Julinka – welcome. There are lots of knowledgeable ladies on this thread to help with any questions. They have always been there for me. Good to see a doctor recommending it 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Another week has flown by !!!! It’s time for a new thread !

Please log in or register to post a reply.