ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning 25th May 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

So much activity this morning ! It’s bank holiday here but it feels like any other day 😉
    DD I think you are absolutely right.There was a spell where lots of us were struggling to stay motivated (hardly surprising given the pressures ) but the mood is generally very positive now…and we will certainly do our best to keep that momentum going.

Yes, today is the 1st June …new month, new week . A time of reset and renewal ? I will take the opportunity later on today (when I set up the new weekly thread ) to try and gather all the lovely people on my list ( 43 at the last count) and re motivate them at the beginning of this month.
    It doesn’t matter what may have happened to throw you off course. What matters is NOW.
    I have just seen we have had 100 posts this week..that’s great !!
    See you later folks. Have a great day /evening !

• posted by GreenGal
    on

WindyJulz – yes we can be comrades in arms.. I am also shuffling as it’s time of the month but shuffling Is fine as long as we are shuffling forward! 23/24 hour fasts are really great.. well done on achieving that and to be honest you are almost there ..it’s just a bit of a push to get through the evening.. Last time I did the longer fast I had to keep myself distracted by cleaning or other things to keep my mind off the food.. black coffee and ginger tea, sparkling water and some sugar free gum helped a bit too and an earlyish night too.. I am posting my cals & carbs on my profile this week.. let’s shuffle on together and make this week great!!!!! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Right – you are on!! I’m going to try and be excited about this week. Here’s to positive shuffling!
    I have my black coffee lined up and might go investigate the mint / ginger tea options! I will plan a 36hr fast on Wednesday as I will be at the office for the day so its kinda easier. 24hr fast with 1 meal today, maybe have 2 meals tomorrow and then 36hrs through til Thursday morning. I like a plan!
    Trying lower carb, higher protein this week and along with the HIIT planned I’m hoping its a bit of a kick to the body and will drive a week positive.
    Excellent. Happy monday! Thank you Greengal!

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Windy Julz,
    My hubby also lost weight last time by just cutting out the chips and sugar from his tea and coffee. Seems unfair to me but there you go.
    I kept busy today, eating my first meal of yoghurt, chia seeds and berries at 2pm. It really is yummy 😊
    Starting to feel hungry, but I think it’s because at this time of day we usually have some carb laden food and it’s probably mind over matter.
    Anyway I will drink more water and tea infusions and wait until dinner..
    Onwards and downwards 🖐️😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Waitaminute, that’s a name I remember, welc8me back. I too am ‘vertically challenged’ at 5ft 1inch, so understand that the extra pounds/kgs show really quickly on a smaller frame. I’m sure once you are back in the BSD rhythm you’ll be posting good results. You have all the tools you need, you just have to dust them off and put them to use.

Make today count everyone.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Hi everyone. Happy new month! I’m determined June is going to be more positive for me. All this talk of fasting has given me the push to see if I can extend beyond 24hrs for the first time. I’ve just bought Fung’s Complete Guide to Fasting for additional inspiration. I’m hoping pushing longer might help my mood and sense of wellbeing.

June is my 6th month of this WOE. I never expected to make it past the first week, so I’m feeling chuffed with all the changes that I’ve made. Although I am struggling with feeling isolated and all the uncertainty for my work, the silver lining of the restrictions is that I haven’t had the temptations of eating out, workplace treats etc, which I’m sure has helped consolidate those changes.

Good luck to everyone with whatever your aims are today and this week.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi Sunny B,
    Thanx for the welcome.. I am so determined to do this and I will do it 😊
    Hi Bryla,
    Congratulations on making it to six months ..I found it got easier as time went on when I stuck to this WOE ( before my big downfall) the cravings went and it was easy to turn down carb laden foods when offered.
    I think 24 hours would be my limit at fasting..but then again I’ve never tried so who knows.
    So much for hubby saying he’s giving up chips.. he’s sitting on the couch watching tv munching on a bowl full 😂😂 his excuse….”no point wasting them 🙄”
    Enjoy your day/ night everyone 🖐️😊

• posted by Britta
    on

Happy new month!
    After realising that I had become a bit complacent last week, I had a word with myself and did 3 days of strict control and staying below 20g of carbs this weekend. It was pretty hard, but it really did get things moving with 3lbs lost in 3 days! Unfortunately this morning was the start of PMT, so 1lb of water back on. But nevermind about that, it will go in a weeks time. (And I’m sure eventually the kids will also forgive me for shouting at them and shutting down the home school because they were little … this morning!)
    Anyway I was so excited about how effective the super low carb regime was that I’ll stick with that. There’s a small part of me that enjoys the control of it. Like in the midst of a pandemic I cannot control and a future I cannot predict, this is one thing that I can control.
    So for week 6 I don’t expect to lose an awful lot on the scales, but I will stick with the super-control regime and take my hormonally induced frustrations out on my family instead of my own body!
    Good luck this week everyone!

• posted by Bryla
    on

Thanks, Waitaminute! I am craving free at this point and have relaxed into the WOE. No feelings of deprivation or preoccupation with food now. Hope it continues for me and you can get back to that point again too before too long. You couldn’t have better evidence than your previous success. How kind of your OH to take care of the chips 😆. Very supportive of him.

I’m definitely on the same page as you Britta! I have really benefited on having a focus on something within my control the last couple of months. I think that’s partly what got me thinking more about some extended fasting. It feels like another choice I could make to look after myself (something I’ve historically been terrible at) and boost my health. There is not too much else I can influence at the moment by way of my future, but perhaps I can make sure I’m as healthy as I can be to take on whatever comes next. I think my carbs are probably still around or below 20g even on maintenance. It was hard at first, but now it just feels entirely normal and I really think that was the key for me to adjust physically and psychologically. I’m sure you will reap the benefits on the other side of the PMT!

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Hey WindyJulz,
    How are you getting on? I’ve managed through today… on coffee and water..just about to treat myself to a sparkling water and maybe a ginger tea for afters! At this point I’m pretending like I have already had my dinner 🍽 and it was delicious 🤤. I’m not hungry which is good, that’s half the battle! Looking forward to waking up with a flat-ish stomach and a bucket load of determination knowing I have made a good start to my week. Hope you’ve had a good day so far too! Greengal 🥦

• posted by wendleg
    on

Time to set up the new thread folks !!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Greengal- I’ve had a decent day. 24 hour fast and really enjoyed a homemade burger, with cheese & lettuce and a side of roasted cauliflower and broccoli. 15g carbs for the day. May have a yogurt.
    Was pretty hungry at about 4pm but powered through and ate at 5:30.
    Now to spend some time outside with horses then do a wee HIIT.

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Nice one WindyJulz – burger sounds delish! Enjoy the horses and the HIIT..Great start! See you on the new thread! GG 🥦

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s ready …………..June begins with renewed enthusiasm !! I got a bit carried away and I should have put June 2nd as a start date …sorry !
    Well done on all your efforts and determination folks.We really are a supportive community , looking out for each other.

June is going to be a great month !!!

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Hi WindyJulz. The Fast 800 shakes are not available in Australia yet. I’ll give them a go if and when they are.

Please log in or register to post a reply.