Ok, I’ve started. This is going to work, isn’t it?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MamaTri
    on

It’s day one. I’m not starving but I just “fancy something nice” which is my eternal downfall. But I really need to get my arse in gear. I’m the heaviest non-pregnant weight I’ve ever been. 218.6lbs. I can barely even bring myself to write it down. But memorialize it, I must.

How often do people weigh in? I’m thinking twice a week.

This has to work.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What does “something nice” mean to you? What’s nice about it, exactly? Obviously it’s not nice to your body. The opposite is true. The “nice” stuff brutalizes it, so it must be something emotional/mental, and that means you can change it. You can break out of this prison, I promise you.

I weighed more than 300 lb when I started the Fast 800 in August 2016. I can’t tell you the exact figure because unlike you, I didn’t have the ovarian fortitude to weigh myself until the 4th week. Fourteen months later I’d said goodbye to 200 of the pounds, and am a fervent evangelist of the BSD way of eating.

Good for you for facing the nightmare of the scale with honesty and forthrightness. That’s a scary thing for people who have lived in avoidance and denial for so long. The fact that you did it and posted the hard truth here attests to the strength inside of you. Cling to that. Don’t paint yourself as a weakling beholden to old patterns. Cut the carbs, punch self-defeating thoughts in the face, and move forward into liberation and light.

Welcome to the forum, MamaTri. You’ll always find support and help here whenever you need it. 🙂

• posted by You snooze you gain
    on

I know exactly what you mean about “something nice”. I try and console myself with the thought that this is just mouth hunger. It’s hard sometimes, but I’m sure you will find the results of your endeavours encouraging. Good luck.

• posted by MamaTri
    on

Thank you both for your replies. You’re right, it’s an emotional rather than physical hunger. Which is harder to satisfy I think.

A 200lb weight loss! Wow – I’m speechless! Congratulations.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I try to weigh daily, but count a weekly weight for a trend, which I find is helped by joining one of the challenge threads. My original weigh in day was Sunday but I switched to Tuesday to match the challenge weigh in days. Weigh daily if you want to but remember that a gain or stall could occur, and doesn’t mean it has stopped working, just keep on keeping on and it will definitely work.

• posted by Candlelight
    on

Hi, I am on day 2, weighed myself this morning and was amazed I had lost 2lb in a day, yes I know it is mainly water, but the scales are going backwards instead of forwards.
    If something sweet is your thing go to recipes and look under highest Rated there is a peanut butter fudge recipe
    Good luck

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi MamaTri

I’m 5′ 2″ and I weighed 200lbs (14 stone 4lbs) at my heaviest. I couldn’t think about the total amount I had to lose; it just seemed too big a number. So, I didn’t think about it. I focused on setting small targets that meant something to me and that were achievable. Reaching those targets then helped motivate me to set the next target. That might be a helpful way to go.

Also, there’s a new 4-week challenge starting today where everybody sets a target for the next 4 weeks and then support each other in reaching it. It’s full of people at different stages of BSD, including new people. It’s called KEEPING CARBS AT BAY OVER VALENTINE’S DAY”. If you think that might be helpful to you, you’re welcome to join in. You too Candlelight and YSYG.

Esnecca – I love your posts when you talk like this. It reminds me of drinking Guinness – so full of iron, and fortifying – it definitely helps me. But more than anything, what an absolutely incredible achievement!

• posted by MamaTri
    on

Thanks! Day two and I’m really hungry.,drinking fruit tea by the gallon but it’s not really helping.

I’m going to head over to the challenge thread!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Check the ingredients on the tea. If it has dried fruit pieces in it, you’re drinking sugar which is going to keep your carb cravings and hunger high. Your new best friends are fiber and fat combined. They defeat hunger like no other food can, way, way better than carbs, that’s for sure. The simplest dish I make that combines those two is 6 oz of spinach, steamed in a pan with salt and pepper. Drain out the water and toss with a teaspoon of high quality dark green extra virgin olive oil (kalamata oil is where it’s at, imo). Top with a half ounce of feta, crumbled. The end. It takes no more than 5 minutes to make and is shockingly delicious. I often have it on the side of chicken sausage or with three or four different kinds of sauerkraut.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’m the same in not actually being hungry, but just fancying something. I’ve always been like that and nearly always given in to temptation – which is why I’m overweight.

I’m trying to train myself not to snack so much and make better choices when I do. It’s an ongoing project.

Please log in or register to post a reply.