Oh my goodness – day 2 headaches!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Casey76
    on

I’ve been through caffeine withdrawal several times and thought those headaches were bad… not compared to this!

So far I’ve resisted taking any painkillers, and drinking plenty of fluids (mostly plain water), but the craving for wanting to add a tiny bit squash into the water… that’s how I know it is sugar withdrawal.

I know the headaches will subside in a day or two… but man, I wish I didn’t have to go through the process!

• posted by HB47
    on

Me too! Yesterday was suprisingly easy so I set off for work full of quiet confidence this confidence. I now have a raging headache and every fibre of my being is craving sugar. There are two lots of birthday cakes and some holiday biscuits in our office kitchen which makes even getting another glass of water like some sort of temptation trial. I feel telling myself it’s like when I gave up smoking and I managed that but blimely it’s hard.

• posted by Karen3
    on

I agree , day two for me and I am desperate for something sweet. Can’t we have anything?

• posted by Vicky
    on

And me, I have just put a chocolate in the bin!!! I have had the celeriac fish pie for tea, I feel a little sick, I will drink plenty of water see if that helps.

• posted by Cazzowary
    on

I don’t know what anyone else is doing but I’m having a square of 90% dark chocolate- it sure keeps the cravings away and is a little bit of sweetness (extra lovely with a cup of tea with milk)- I’m pretty sure I’ve seen chocolate in the south of France and that’s pretty close to the Mediterranean 🙂

Good luck and hope you all feel better soon

Please log in or register to post a reply.