Off the wagon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mrsajkay
    on

Hi all,

I just started about a week and a half ago and have majorly slipped already ๐Ÿ˜” I was so proud of myself for sticking to it in the first week and lost 8lbs but tonight, after a particularly awful work day, I had cake. Then because I felt awful for the cake I went on to have crisps and chocolate ๐Ÿ˜ซ Devastated – I’ll probably have gained all the weight back overnight!

How do you all stay motivated? I’m scared that tomorrow will bring the typical “well you’ve already messed up you may as well give up completely” mentality!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Mrsajkay,

You made a wonderful start to the BSD way of eating. 8lbs is a great first week loss, congratulations.

So today you slipped up a little, it is not the end, you can choose to eat well again tomorrow. Do not let one stressful day derail your entire plan. You know you can do this, after all you have been successfully following the BSD for a week and a half already.

Life can often send challenges – perhaps you can plan how you would manage the next time you feel that stressed – so that you don’t resort to old habits and eating carbs? Maybe go for a walk, or a swim, chat to a good friend, take a long bath, or watch a funny film, listen or dance to your favourite music…any activity or hobby that helps you relax?

Good luck๐ŸŒป

• posted by Izzy
    on

The biggest reason any diet fails is because of the ‘well I’ve messed up now I might as well eat the contents of the nearest supermarket’ type feelings.

The real secret isn’t about never falling off the wagon, or never slipping. The real secret to success is getting right back on it. One day of bad eating won’t regain all that you have lost and if you jump straight back on you will likely still show a loss at the end of week 2.

You just need to make a decision here… do you want to give up and then you WILL regain all that you’ve lost, or do you want to jump back on and keep trying? You can do this you just have to choose it!

• posted by Mrsajkay
    on

Wow you guys are good! Thanks for your replies. I’m starting today feeling more positive and determined, you’re right, I can do this!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

You definitely can ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.