Not happy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by C9018
    on

So week 1 I lost 3lb, week 2 lost 2.5lb, now week 3 lost 2oz……. What’s that about!
    I’m sticking to below 800 calories, I measure and count everything, above 50 Protien and below 50 carbs…….so why only 2oz??????

Is this normal?….

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi C9018,
    Yes it is perfeclty normal for weight loss to slow in week 3. At the beginning you lose a lot of water, and the glycogen store that is easily accessible for energy. Your body is now switching over to burning fat rather than sugar for energy, and that can take some time to adjust. Just carry on doing what you are doing, and make sure that you are drinking lots of water to help the process of fat burning.

We are all different. But if it helps, when I did BSD I averaged just under 2lbs a week. But the downward line went in steps rather than evenly. Good luck in your journey.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As caronl says, although it’s tough to take, this pattern is totally normal. Just stick with it and the pounds will start to melt away again soon, C1918.

• posted by C9018
    on

Thanks for your support guys, I nearly threw the towel in yesterday but didn’t and carried on. Hoping to lose more this week!

• posted by freester
    on

Just to add to the above. You say under 800 cals… Just make sure it’s not too far under, regularly. I can’t explain the science but there’s some anecdotal evidence around that 800 is the right number to maintain weightloss (MM’s original fasting diet was 600 cals a day). Any less your body seems to go in some kind of ’emergency management’ mode and won’t continue to lose.

When I was on my 800 cals a day I wasn’t too accurate. Normally +/- 100 cals a day – when I was planning my week’s meals I just checked my average for 7 days was 800 plus or minus 50.

• posted by Silverbell
    on

hi – also been on this for 3weeks and today the scales up 0.5kg since yesterday, but reading this gives encouragement.

everything i have read seems to say most lose 20kg in the 8weeks am I being too hopeful?
    stick with it – you have nothing more valuable than your health

• posted by freester
    on

I wouldn’t recommend weighing every day whilst on the 800 cals phase. Twice a week max.

Personally I feel 20kg in 8 weeks a little optimistic. Depends on starting weight I guess. I lost my 10% in 6 weeks but that was 12 kg.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, yes stick with it, weeks 3 – 4 are normal for either small loss or no loss and when most people give up. Just back to the subject of 800 calories. Make sure you write everything, and I mean everything, down as your calculations can be out. For example 3 cups of tea with milk, ignoring the milk in your count can put you out by around 70 cals. Sometimes it can be bigger, like me forgetting to count the little bit of butter I cooked my scrambled egg in – add another 100 cals. Soon ads up.

Please log in or register to post a reply.