Not giving up in November ! One week at a time beginning 1st November 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

How did that happen, that we are already in November ? It doesn’t seem five minutes since I got back from the UK summer break !
    So here with are with 2 months left in 2022 . There is time to make a difference and I’m not even thinking of Christmas ! Just digging in week by week, doing our best .

We are a tight little group but as always, everyone is welcome to join in . It is always heartening to see people returning, others struggling with chronic health issues who are supported warmly and unreservedly .

Let’s keep going, folks !

• posted by Toriana
    on

Hi Wendleg – I’ve just joined today, saw your post, and I am ON BOARD for not giving up November!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome Toriana !
    Whether you are just starting out or have been doing fast 800 for some time we will support you. Tell us a bit more about yourself and shout out if you have any queries. All the very best xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Replying to last weeks thread…..

Julz- you are on it! Wow!

Wendy….thank you….I feel a wee bit better…..I think the half term break did us good, and my new plan is getting more daylight into my eyes and brain, even when I am busy with kids/ work- switching eating breakfast indoors for outdoors as an easy starter, doesn’t take any more time…..

I slipped off the wagon in the second half ofbthe horrible cold I had, then visits to old friends and Halloween, so have regained last week’s weight (water) loss….still, I have started well today
    ……need to keep the motivation up!

Love to all xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

You have a lot on your plate Clare..well done to you for not giving up and remember those small victories count.
    We are not perfect all the time (although SG is close…only joking SG 😉) but we all have different challenges and stuff going on in our head which throw us off course . That’s certainly the case for me but we keep going and it sounds a bit of a cliché but we do have to cut ourselves some slack and be kind to ourselves when necessary.
    Where is Lauren ? Miss you xx

• posted by Toriana
    on

Aw thanks Wendy. I actually finished my 12 weeks of the Very Fast 800 back in April but ever since then, I’ve been struggling to keep my eating under control. I feel like the only time I’m not hungry is when I’m in ketosis but I don’t want to be on a keto diet forever (I tried and it doesn’t suit me). I think I have insulin resistance so I’m giving the BSD a whirl.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, thanks again Wendy for the thread. Yes, November already. Still want to get into the pool but looks like it will be finished. Have you seen Storm Denise is on the way to SW France. I always was a bit windy 🙂

Well how has my week been. 3 solid weeks on strict BSD, no carbs, no alcohol but stuck at 72.8 for 2 of those weeks. This week went Monday 72.8, Tues 72.7, Wed 72.4, Thurs Fri and Sat 72.3. Saturday night decided to relax and had a couple of vodkas, Sunday 72.0. Great. This week Monday 72.7, Today 72.8. Seems like my body is stuck in a groove. Besides the vodka which might be holding onto some fluid, I really cant go any lower with food. This morning my BG was down to 3.2 and I am only using 7 units of insulin. So really cant go any lower. That BG shows I am not cheating (hate that word in diet context) or my BG would go up.

Still here, still on it and not ever giving up. Still got 6 weeks to our trip to UK. That’s if we go. We don’t seem to be able to get anyone to cat sit for us and the 3 local catteries have all closed down. Do have friends I can ask but it is a chore especially over Christmas. Fingers crossed we get someone.

Have a good week.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thanks Wendy….and yikes, November, here’s to making every day count!!

Inevitably, my weight loss has slowed but still 1 lb down since Saturday, and as the weekend wasnt as strict I’m ok with that, would love to see another gone by Saturday this week.
    I have to admit, although i ‘knew’ it, i had forgotten, or lost faith, in how much less hungry i am when eating properly low carb, its amazing, like such a weight off my mind – lol! I’m not obsessing about my next meal, not getting the same food anxiety as i was, and feel generally better and more content! I did know this was a thing, it happened before, but it had been so long i had kinda persuaded myself it wasnt real!
    Anyway, feeling good and still excited about this adventure back to health!

SG, I do hope you get your trip sorted….. to be honest I’d almost offer to come to France and cat sit, sounds like heaven!! Alas too many furry dependents here to worry about.
    I do feel for you and the scale numbers…. frustrating i am sure…… someone will have a tip or three….. a way to switch things up and get your body listening. But your blood numbers are good and well thats priority isnt it!! I’m pretty sure you know most of the tricks…..,but id be tempted to try upping calories 2 days a week with extra fats – egg, avocado, butter etc, to give your metabolism a boost and keep your system guessing…..?! Someone wiser than me will be more help im sure.

Toriana – sounds like you know what does and doesnt work for you, giving the BSD a go sounds like a good plan. Ketosis certainly helps my hunger, I’m strict, but not keto, as i eat too many veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions… so over 20g carbs but generally less than 60g….this keeps me in ketosis and amazingly not hungry.

Tulip – I’m with wendy, cut yourself some slack and be kind to yourself. Good food choices is kindness, but certainly dont be hard on yourself for making some different choices. One day at a time….

Just realised how thirsty i am…. off for some fizzy water!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. Just popping in to say ‘hello’ I’m still around and reading your posts but only once a week at the moment.
    November …. who would have thought 2022: would disappear so quickly!
    Anyway we are where we are.
    S-g I think I had to agree with Windy in that upping your calories a few days a week with extra fats etc. might be just the way to go. It will certainly ‘confuse’ your body a little.
    I’ve learnt a bit about my body over the last couple of months. So in August I ate carbs quite liberally but my BG was generally stable with just a few high readings (from finger pricks so not that accurate). Anyway after resting on my laurels, in September I was eating low carb again and BS generally in the 5’s so fine. Then, we were away in October and again I ‘relaxed’. Not good news. My BS is now a bit high around 7 most days.
    So I realise, for me, in general my blood sugar rises when I eat carbs over a period. The odd piece of bread or a potato doesn’t have any effect but prolonged consumption of carbs leads to a build up of sugars and an inevitable rise in BS. Obviously everyone reacts differently to carbs but I do think it might be worth a trial to see where your personal ‘tolerance’ is set.
    Anyway, I now know for sure that if I want to remain drug free I need to eat low carb mainly. But I also realise that the very occasional piece of bread/crackers/potato or even, dare I say it, piece of cake, won’t throw my BS into permanent hell.
    I think it’s probably a good idea to find out are own tolerances just so we can work out exactly what pushes our BS beyond the normal.
    I hope to join you all again soon.
    Have a good week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought I’d just check in quickly and say Hello, having been away from the weekly thread since mid September. Good to see there are still some of you taking things a week at a time, sharing experience and support.

Personally, overall I think I am doing okay … have definitely gained a pound or two (possibly more🤭) while qe’ve been away. I’m mainly trying to eat using the BSD principles, which is easier now we are not really on holiday (less temptation), but are just not in the UK. There have been a few very carby days since we left the UK though , so I can’t afford to be complacent. I’m also aware alcohol is not so occasional at the moment, so looking to cut that down again too.

Anyway, will start to check in with the weekly thread more frequently and will be back properly second week of December.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, had nothing to say for a couple of days and busy decorating and moving rooms around. Waste of time as the 2 bunk beds separated into singles wont even fit into our biggest bedroom because they are about 8 inches longer than a normal bed with the large frame they are in. Now we have finished one room we are moving everything back where it was but there is going to be a massive clear out – like the electricity bills paper copies from 2005.

Probably just done the maddest thing every and swam in 16 degrees. OMG it was freezing but so exhilarating. Could get used to it but only when the sun is shining although it is only 16 degrees air temp as well.

Today I am exactly where I was a week ago when I lost before I regained it all. No idea what happens anyway, today I am 72 kgs and hoping to see that magic 71.9 of less, especially after a cold swim. It is supposed to burn so much more fat.

Didnt come off plan and intend to keep on keeping on…

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi all, thought I’d sneak in before this week’s thread ends 🙂
    We’re still here, getting over the Covid slowly but surely and getting back into some sort of routine (not necessarily a good routine, but……….)
    The scales were not kind this morning after a weekend away with friends in their new home, where far too much food and drink was consumed, and far too little sleep was had.
    But, I did 16:8 TRE until lunchtime today, when we had chicken broth for lunch and a piece of cheese, with a supper of all-meat pork sausages with cauli mash and cauli leaves planned.

• posted by wendleg
    on

New thread time ,folks !

Please log in or register to post a reply.