Noob Indeed. First timer. June 9, 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sweetgirl
    on

Hello everyone,
    Read the book, bought a glucometer. Learned how to use it and the online app for tracking. Found out I’m pre-diabetic. Fasting blood sugar was 109. Walked 3 miles this morning. Downloaded My fitness pal to track calories. Ate my first meal and tracked today. Any tips from the pros out there?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sweetgirl, welcome! It’s great you’re making this change and I’m sure you’ll be seeing positive results soon. It’s important to include good fats in your menu, as these will help you to feel sated and stay feeling that way longer. Good hydration is very important too, as this allows the body to work at it’s optimum and so is key in weight loss.

I recommend you consider joining us on the weekly thread. The new one kicked off yesterday, so just jump in there, you’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome. The weekly thread is populated by old hands, returners and newcomers and there is a host of experience based knowledge and a great support system to be found there.

• posted by freester
    on

Hello. Successful follower of the BSD here been maintaining successfully since Feb.

My advice would be drink alot of water, occasional black / green tea and once settled in coffee if you like. Plan your meals in advance, write them down and shop for ingredients based on your meal plan.

Don’t get too wrapped up in exactly 800 cals a day. Just try and average approximately 800 daily over a week…

Good luck!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi sweetgirl. was your prediabetes diagnosed by a HbA1c test (blood out of the arm by a professional). If not you can ignore the blood sugar machine you have bought as they are quite inaccurate. I have one on prescription from the doctor so it is one of the best and they still say give or take 10%, which is quite a lot when we are talking numbers like 5.0 6.0 etc. What exactly was your reading, when did you take it, had you fasted for 12 hours etc .

Please log in or register to post a reply.