No weight loss in 1st week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lollhill
    on

I started the diet 8 days ago as despite being on 2 x Metformin a day my blood sugar levels are high. Anything between 9 and 13 at my early morning reading. I have stuck to the diet religiously other than I think some days my cal intake is nearer 1000. No carbs other than ones naturally occuring in foods. Not much fruit/carrots etc. My sugar levels have started to come down but desperately disappointed that I have lost only less than 1lb. On other diets like slimming world I have tended to loose about 5lb in the first week and eaten far more. I dont seem to have had much appetite with this diet and not eaten much at all so cant believe the weight hasnt dropped off. I am 5ft 6in 65 yrs old and weigh 15 stone having slimmed down from 21 stone over the last 8 yrs. I am wondering if anyone else had a low weight loss the first wk. I have the recipe bk and done some of them but a lot are prohibitive if sticking too 800 cals a day. I am hanging on in there in the hope the weight loss will kick in.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi lollhill, yes that is disappointing but if you are like me you are using this diet to reduce your BG levels. Have your readings improved. Then, have you taken your measurements before starting (or do it now) as you will see a drop in inches, sometimes before you see weight loss. Watch out for hidden high carbs like carrots, fruit (as mentioned) and make sure you drink at least 1.5 litres of water on top of normal tea, coffee etc. You say you have slimmed down 6 stones in the last 8 years so you know you can do this, if your last diet was recent i.e. within the last 3 months, your body might have already adjusted to the lesser calories, try to stop the 1000 days creeping in and see if that helps. Yes, some of the recipes take you over the 800, especially when they say they have good carbs like porridge, brown rice, lentils, butternut squash etc, yes they are better carbs but too high in both cals and carbs to fit in with the 800. Don’t beat yourself up just keep going and give it a while longer. Good luck.

• posted by lollhill
    on

Thanks very much for the advice. Yes my blood sugar levels have drastically reduced from 10 ish to 6 this morning so really pleased with that. I keep reminding myself thats the reason I’m doing this. Just was baffled why the weight wasnt dropping off when eating so little. Drinking plenty and increasing my exercise. After 9 days I’ve now lost 1kg but decided not to concentrate on that now.

Please log in or register to post a reply.