Ninjalinda

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ninjalinda
    on

Just registered in for the first time on this site. I am a 65 yr old female who one year ago was on the brink of diabetes. I was lucky my brother told me about this diet and within literally 12 weeks I was no longer diabetic and a stone and a half lighter. Just been to Dr tonight and been told levels still dropping, even though I dip in and out of the diet, but keep to the diet for 6 weeks at a time periodically.

My total delight was finding a newsletter on the reception desk tonight at the Dr asking people if they were interested in weight loss or controlling T2. I read this to find it named and directed patients to the BSD! They also run surgeries to those who want to join in. When I mention this to GP she told me I was one of the first successes for them and they now have several. How great for Drs to now promote this and spread the word. So here I am, still walking up to 20 km a week and although I am naughty occasionally, I have it under control and the best I have been for years health wise.

I consider myself lucky that my Dr told me she wanted me to diet and get diabetes under control, instead of just putting my on meds and giving me a talk about cutting down On sugar. Many people I know have had that response and never known they CAN control it.

So I am signed off for a year now before my next check up and can’t believe how lucky I am. My dad had diabetes so bad he had no feeling in his feet! I wish people knew years ago how to control it!

Dr says that anyone with T2, no matter how long they have had it should try this diet, it will change your life. I know it will always be an on going lifestyle now, but you do feel so much better and very proud of your accomplishment.

Thanks Dr M, so pleased I can be healthy, you have made an Essex girl very happy, I expect that’s a first!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello Ninjalinda, wow wow wow. Your post makes me so happy, firstly that you have the T2 under control and, secondly that your doctor is fully on board with this plan. I certainly know it has saved my life. I cannot be 100% all the time but I consider this to be my main way of life and hope my and your good health continue. Or as I usually say, keep on keeping on…

• posted by Ninjalinda
    on

Yea thanks sunshine girl! I am just so pleased that GP’s are getting involved and not just giving meds. It is hard being strong at times with the diet, especially when all around you eat all the stuff you can’t. Still we all have that problem and I know I can stick to this when I need to. Yes you keep well and healthy too, gotta make the most of everything you have in life and there is always someone worse than you. If any of you are struggling just remember this and look at all the great people in this site who are now happy and healthy, albeit with hard work.

• posted by Squidge
    on

That’s brilliant – both your own success and that your doctor gave you the advice to try cutting carbs.

I do all the cooking in my house, so don’t often have the problem of seeing others eating carbs when I’m not. My husband will sometimes say he’d like rice or pasta, but is usually happy to eat whatever I’m having with no extra carbs. It’s that or make himself a sandwich – and he’d need to go out and buy the bread first!

I’ve cooked refined carb free meals for guests and not once has anyone appeared to even notice. One coeliac friend is under the impression that I go to great trouble to provide him with gluten free meals. I do of course double check the ingredients, but really I just give him the sort of thing we’d have anyway.

Please log in or register to post a reply.