Nights

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Woolly
    on

Help needed from any night shift workers out there ! How do you cope with the carb cravings, early morning blood sugar crash and generally sticking to the diet on nights ? Last week I stuck to low carb at work but had to go over 800 cals in those shifts. Do you think it’s even possible ? Particularly first night when you have already eaten for the day.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Woolly, don’t do nightshifts myself, but noticed a thread on here the other day about them.

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/working-on-a-night-shift/

I’ll be doing a 4pm-3am shift this Friday, so will be interesting as to how I get on! Especially as I’ll be cooking fish n chips, chicken n chips and deep fried brie and chips for 600 drunk students!

• posted by Woolly
    on

Thanks will have a read !

• posted by lab
    on

Hi Wooly, I have just finished my second week of nights, my routine was scramboed egg when I got in from work, sleep and then in the afternoon i had a meal so that overnight I took some hummus and bits to nibble on during the early hours, bulking up with water and going off to find something to do when i got the nibbles.

I also made some onion soup to take if I wanted something warming two onions finely chopped two cloves of garlic chopped, about a litre of water with a knorr vegetable stock cube, I don’t put salt in as i find that stock cubes can be salty, and black pepper for seasoning. Saute onion and garlic in about a tablespoon of rapeseed oil or a non flavoursome oil, add the stack cube to the boiling water, i also use a beef stock cube (sorry forgot to say that one) and stock to onions then bring back to the boil and then reduce the heat ubtil the onions are to you liking. Then flask it up.

i took it to work and it went down very well with my colleagues and myself at 1am!

Best of luck on nights, Wooly.

Lesley

• posted by Woolly
    on

Thanks Lesley that’s a really great idea. I will deffo get some soup made and humous is my fav so will take that too ! Pesky pesky nights !

Please log in or register to post a reply.