Newibie!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hampshire Gal.
    on

Hello all…I started the diet on Saturday 3rd Feb and today 6th Feb I’ve dropped 3.5lbs. I’ve found the book somewhat confusing regarding the recipes but once I got to grips with it, it’s great.

I’ve had all sorts of problems over the past year and at one point, the doc did tests searching for adrenal gland tumour….I was putting on an average 1lb every couple days. My ‘happy weight’ is 12stn 6lbs and before Christmas, ballooned up to 14stone 7lbs. I even took Slimming suppressants subscribed by the doc and they did not work.

I felt rough on day two plus pounding headache and this morning feel a little brighter. I’ve stopped coffee completely. I drink lemon/ginger tea or just ginger tea and have sparkling water with freshly squeezed lemon. I had a ‘dry January’ from alcohol and have only had a glass champagne since beginning of February.

It’s a brutal diet but amazing once you get ‘into it’…..I don’t like carbs and dropped bread/rice/pasta/potatoes a long time ago.
    I keep a daily diary of my intake v weight for my doctor and return to here in four weeks.
    I’m excited about the prospect of getting back to my ‘happy weight’.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Hampshire Gal. Well done on making a start and battling through the carb withdrawal symptoms. If you aren’t already doing so, I’d suggest tracking carbs as well as calories, as not all calories are equal and it is surprising where those carbs hideout – even in foods we think of as healthy.

As you settle into this way of eating, you will find it less brutal and probably be surprised how easy it is to maintain at the 800 level until you hit your ‘happy weight’ again.

Join any thread you feel has relevance for you, you’ll be sure to receive a warm welcome and we are an inclusive and friendly bunch here and are always happy to offer advice and support as needed.

Best wishes to you and hope you’ll soon be reporting good results.

Please log in or register to post a reply.