Newbie Thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MotivatedMal
    on

Who’s starting out in late July?

I need to fix my A1C as it’s in the pre-diabetic range. I’m also obese and need to lose 33lbs/15kg to get to the regular “overweight” category.

My plan for now is to follow the Fast 800 method with intermittent fasting and very low carbs, probably for the maximum recommended 12 weeks. After that I plan to switch to more of a 5:2 or 4:3 method to drop into the “healthy” range. I’ve tried slow and steady so many times, but the carbs and yo-yo-ing just don’t work for me.

Has anyone lost this much (33lbs/15kg) in the first 12 weeks, or is that fairly unreasonable?

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

• posted by MotivatedMal
    on

I forgot to post my stats:
    I started 5 days ago at 225, and weighed in at 222.5 today. The local grocery store had a sale on fresh, grass fed steak, so I’ve been having a rather large 8oz steak and salad with paleo/low carb dressing every night. A kombucha or a bone broth for lunch. Hoping to continue seeing progress! Red meat definitely won’t be a staple, but I’m not one to pass up a good sale on clean meat 😂

• posted by freester
    on

Hey and welcome.

Good on you for making the start. I followed the BSD book rather than Fast 800 (there isn’t a great deal of difference, a slightly less strict attitude on carbs in the Fast 800 IMHO) but lost 28lbs in 6 weeks so I don’t think your plan is unrealistic.

Nothing wrong with Red meat! Just keep an eye on the daily calorie count if you are sticking to the 800 cals daily!

Keep us updated!

Please log in or register to post a reply.