Newbie questions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BeachBabe
    on

Hi all, I’m new to BSD! Just finished the book this morning, started the Fast 800 last Sunday anyway, made a few mistakes and have lost 6.5 lbs as of this morning. It has not been easy, but definitely not as difficult as I was expecting.
    I’m not diabetic or pre diabetic, just looking to be much healthier. My morning glucose readings have been in the low 80s. I wonder if those numbers will change much in 8 weeks?
    Also, for anyone living on the East Coast, where do you buy full-fat yogurt and cottage cheese? I’ve only seen low fat and fat free.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi BeachBabe and welcome!

May I suggest, if you are measuring fasting blood levels (though you’re not Type 2 or pre diabetic) that you look at Bill1954’s postings – he has a wonderful thread called “This Has to Work for Me”.

Bill was trying to reverse his Type 2 and was very focused on his blood sugar, but following various experiments and discussions with doctors, actually stopped doing fasting blood sugar measurements in the morning. I won’t try and explain to you why this was – I recommend reading the thread – it will give you a really good insight.

Very good luck with the BSD, enjoy! 🙂

• posted by BeachBabe
    on

Thank you! I’ll look for those posts now 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.