Newbie here , still in shock !! 😳

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bailey52
    on

Hi everyone👋 , got diagnosed in August, had HBA1C test done twice , 4wks apart and level was 53 both times. I was SO shocked because I’m probably about 7lb overweight and don’t eat rubbish or drink alcohol , try to do a brisk 30-45min walk daily……🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyway, my GP wasn’t much use , actually said the reading is just out of normal range and to carry on as I am (!!!!!!!!) and they will do a repeat HBA1C in around 3mths. I’m a bit baffled at his attitude but I’m trying to sort myself out at the moment by reading as much as I can about dietary advice for T2 and cutting out my beloved potatoes and bread 😂and so on. Any advice and support much appreciated 😊

• posted by freester
    on

If you haven’t already read Moseley’s Blood Sugar Diet. You sound like someone he calls a ‘TOFI’ – Thin Outside Fat Inside. Put simply you probably have a lot of visceral fat internally around your organs rather than visibly on the outside of your body. In fact MM was one of these!

Although you don’t eat crap do you snack? Do you eat a lot of refined carbs? Pasta, Potatoes, Bread, White Rice etc etc.

My advice. Read the book, get the recipe book. Set a date and go for it, at least a couple of weeks of 800 cals a day or 5 days not counting calories 2 days 800 a day. This WILL get your sugar levels sorted.

Like you I was a great lover of bread and potatoes. I’ve been following this Way of Eating since January. No regrets and I don’t miss them. There’s far more other stuff to enjoy, Full Fat Yoghurt. Cheese, Currries, Chillis, Barbecue. And more importantly my health (in my case Blood Pressure) is sorted.

• posted by freester
    on

Reported

Please log in or register to post a reply.