We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhunter
    on

Hello just started day 5 of my journey headaches tired but not sleeping great keeping to the book 800 calories any advice on coffee as its the one thing i worry about decaf or normal tried oatmilk but struggle with taste any help appreciated

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi, sounds like you are struggling bit with “carb ‘flu” but but will pass, just stick with it. Ifvyou don’t like the it milk, try a little cream, but keep track of the cals and carbs. If the problem is bitterness of coffee, add a pinch of salt.

The weekly thread is a great place to post if you are looking for help, advice, encouragement or support to dipnmnin there if you havecany further questions

• posted by PKoskikallio
    on

Hei! Täällä toinen aloittelija. Olisi pari kysymystä. Voiko maitoa käyttää janojuomana tiukalla dietillä ollessa ja onko mitään, millä saisi makeuttaa esim. maustamatonta yogurttia?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi PKoskikallio, if you choose milk for thirst you will be adding quite a lot of calories. Water is always better. As for sweeteners, it had been discovered that artificial sweeteners have the same effect as real sugar in that they create and insulin response. Not good for diabetics but not good generally as your body is making something it doesnt need. Now and then a little bit of Stevia is the most natural sweetener. For yoghurts why not try some berries – they are available all year if you keep them in the freezer.

I will translate that for you just in case…..

Hej PKoskikallio, om du väljer mjölk för törst kommer du att lägga till ganska mycket kalorier. Vatten är alltid bättre. När det gäller sötningsmedel, hade det upptäckts att konstgjorda sötningsmedel har samma effekt som riktigt socker genom att de skapar och insulinsvar. Inte bra för diabetiker men inte bra generellt eftersom din kropp gör något som den inte behöver. Då och då är lite Stevia det mest naturliga sötningsmedlet. Till yoghurt varför inte prova några bär – de finns tillgängliga året runt om du förvarar dem i frysen.

Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.