New to this!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Davena
    on

I have been keeping a tally of my calories on ‘myfitnesspal’ but I see that my carb intake is still quite high. Yesterday my calorie intake was 882…..

Totals 882 91 55 19 796 58
    Your Daily Goal 800 110 27 30 2,500 27
    Remaining -82 19 -28 10 1,703 -30
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

and yet my carb total was 91.
    What should my carb total be? And should I watch my carbs more than my calories? I didn’t think so, but what should the highest amount of carbs per day be?
    I’m asking because according to my scales I have put ON half a pound in three days. ๐Ÿ™

(Admittedly, I do no exercise due to being told to keep off my feet as I have a suspected fracture in one foot. X-ray on Monday! But even so, I had thought that sticking to 800 calories i would lose. Yesterday was a slight blip but I didn’t go TOO far over the 800.)

• posted by Davena
    on

Oh sorry. The ‘table’has shifted and become all jumbled up!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Davena. Many of us have reduced our carbs to around 30g per day. You may wish to try reducing your carbs and see what happens. Remember, low carb, lots of water, and full fat products.

Some folk on here have had great success by only watching carbs and not counting calories.

• posted by Davena
    on

Hi captainlynne!
    Thank you!! VERY useful advice. I will act accordingly! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Davena
    on

I cannot change the emphasis on myfitnesspal to carbs and so I think I will buy a book to help me. Can anyone recommend a simple and easy to follow book which allows me to count carbs and calories, please?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Davena, it sounds like you are off to a great start — don’t worry about the early days and ups and downs — overall in a few weeks it will all come together and you will see results. I know it is frustrating, so maybe weigh less often, use a tape measure instead and just don’t ever give up๐Ÿ˜„! I have made this recommendation many times, my favorite book on carbs is by Gary Taubes “Why We Get Fat” — it is an excellent primer on the science behind carbs and weight gain and has a very good guide for reducing carb intake to a very low number (20 grams per day). I found it hugely helpful. Best wishes as you move forward

• posted by Davena
    on

Hi Californiagirl!
    Thanks very much for your upbeat message! I’ll have a look for the book you mention.
    How helpful. ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Please log in or register to post a reply.