New to the forums – Day 10 on BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dwalters
    on

Hello all. I’m a newbie to the site. I’m on day 10 of the diet and have lost a stone already. So chuffed with that! Long way to go but I’m feling really positive. I’m just enjoying a late lunch – no carb ploughmans. Yum! 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Wow dwalters that is fantastic, keep up the good work but shout out if you need any help.

• posted by dwalters
    on

Thank you!

• posted by Alibobs
    on

Hi dwalters. Well done. Keep going. You’re on a roll!

Hummingbird, I think I was one of the unlucky ones with hunger. It plagued me on and off for 6 weeks. It was hunger, rather than cravings for me. (Gosh, that doesn’t sound very motivational of me, does it?) But I think I’m very unusual in that and I STILL got through all 8 weeks!

When things were tough I found I needed something to fully occupy my thoughts. If I wasn’t working, then telly or reading just wasn’t distracting enough. So I went back to my old hobby of counted cross-stitch embroidery. Have you got anything like that you could try that will occupy your hands and thoughts? Oh, and I went to bed as early as I could: I got the benefit of plenty of sleep and you can’t eat whilst you’re sleeping 🙂 Don’t give up. I’m sure your difficult patch will pass soon. Al

• posted by dwalters
    on

Well done to you too! 6lbs in 3 days is fab! I really did struggle the first few days with hunger, I felt lightheaded for the first 48 hours. But the hunger definitely subsides as you go along. I found drinking lots of water helps and I also drink green tea as I find something warm helps me to feel fuller too. I guess different things work for different people. I find my “danger” time is sitting down in the evening. I would ALWAYS eat something whilst watching telly. Especially as my hubby works in the evening so I’d be on my own – secret eating! Not good. So I do try and keep myself busy and limit my sitting down time now.
    I do have a lot to lose, so that’s probably why I’ve had a good loss in the first 10 days. I hope it doesn’t slow down too much though, as it’s very motivating!
    Very best of luck to you on this journey. I’m sure we can all make it through with a bit of support from each other! xxxx

• posted by dwalters
    on

Thank you. And well done to you for sticking the 8 weeks! That’s some determination.
    Good advice re keeping busy. That’s definitely my danger time when I sit in front of the telly and my mind wanders to the biscuit tin! lol. I don’t allow myself to sit down in the evning now until I’ve done 10,000 steps. So that gives me less time to think about snacking and I also don’t want to undo all that stepping! xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi DWalters,
    I have found that keeping my hands busy while watching TV works. I have started knitting again, just a simple cushion cover with a very repetitive pattern so it doesn’t interfere with watching the TV.

• posted by dwalters
    on

That’s a good tip! Thank you. x

• posted by bearmom
    on

Hey Guys, I’m new to the forum as well as the world of dieting. My friends tell me to start doing the Ketogenic Diet. I found websites that seem pretty promising. Have you guys ever tried the Ketogenic Diet pre-made meal plans? Here is the link: caprica132.wordpress.com Advice much appreciated!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi, the BSD encourages us to cook from scratch. This ensures processed foods are kept to a minimum and also teaches us about portion size. If your intention is to follow the BSD way of eating, I’d advise reading Dr Moseley’s books and taking part on one of the established active threads on the forum.

• posted by Rocketmande
    on

Hello, I’m new to the forums and on Day 13 of the 800 calorie low carb diet. I feel so much better already and have lost 9lbs but it all seems to have ground to a halt now. Is this normal? Its hard not to get downhearted but those numbers aren’t moving at all this week?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Rocketmande, I know you have read JGwen’s response to someone with a similar query on another thread. Just wanted to assure you that your experience is totally normal. Weight loss is not linear, there will be times when nothing seems to be happening and sometimes even gains that can’t be explained. This makes it important that you don’t focus completely on the numbers and that you keep a view of how far you have come. As long as overall, you are tracking downward, both in weight and measurement, all is good.
    Hope we might see you on the weekly thread soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.