New to the 800 Kal Diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ramo7isme
    on

Hello everyone,
    Im just day 5 into the 800 kal diet. I have been trying to loose weight and have tried various diets before and failed! I am not diabetic but want to loose 10Kg. the first day or two of the diet was fine, I didnt really notice the restriction in calories as I was busy with work. But now coming into day 5 I have strated to feel hungry between meals. I also joined the gym recently and started exercising (badminton 1-2 hrs once a week and strength training). Could it be that because of the exercise im burning more than 800kcal and in calorie deficit? Im not following any of the receips in the book as yet but still im following the mediteranian diet, high in vegetables, pulses, legumes, fish, chicken etc….

Should I compensate for the exercise or stick with the 800 restriction? appreciate your thoughts espeacilly from the experienced dieters…thanks!

• posted by bumblebee
    on

Hi Ramo7isme,

Exercise helps to get you losing faster – first thing to check is how is your water intake? Are you drinking enough? We often think we’re hungry when we’re just thirsty so drinking water may help soothe that – I also got a handy tip from one of the other contributors that has helped me in my first few days – try a boullion cube with some hot water as a ‘soup’ in between meals if you feel hungry – definitely takes the edge off.

First couple of days it takes your body a few days to adjust so don’t worry about it too much.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi ramo7isme, I lost 40 lbs in 12 weeks by using normal food by only counting calories and sugar. I averaged 846 cal/day and 28.4 gm/day of sugars. I am now week 13 normal BMI 25.4 and not counting anything anymore. I gained last week away in a hotel but back down this week. I am not doing a formal 5:2 but watch my minimal carbs carefully. If you are working out quite hard you will burn more but once you stabilize in fat burning mode by fasting over 12 hours per night you will stop feeling hungry. It takes a while to get used to eating leaves!!! You are in good company, keep going and posting. Use the Search tool and you will find many similar posts.

• posted by bumblebee
    on

Hi SkyWalker,

Just reading on what you said – fat burning mode = fasting over 12 hours per night. A bit silly but just asking to make sure – If I have dinner at 7:30pm and then breakfast the next morning at 9am would that be ok?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Sure, most seem to have a meal in the early evening and some even delay or skip breakfast on the fast day if they are on the 5:2 but on BSD the longer the fast the better, some manage up to 16 hours but I eat at 6 pm and breakfast at 0830 which I can usually manage but often I am up at 6 am having to fend off the breakfast (not very strong cravings) for an hour or so. Experiment, you will be fine

• posted by bumblebee
    on

Thanks SkyWalker definitely going to try that 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.