New to Fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gruely
    on

Hello everyone,

I have been taking a sneaky peak at the forums and all of your success stories have inspired me to start the Fast 800.

My blood sugar levels were bordering on pre-diabetic in my last blood test. I have been doing cross fit, circuit style exercise since the beginning of March and it hadnt made much difference. I am also hypothyroid and take 150mcg Levothyroxine daily and 15mg of DHEA.

Since Saturday 28th (when I started) I have lost 2.2kgs in 4 days. It took me 3 months to lose 3.2kgs so I am really pleased with the results so far.

I also find 800 calories the perfect amount of food to eat, anything more and I just want to keep eating.

Anyway that’s my story, I just wanted to say hello and thank you and hope to make some friends here.

Gruely

• posted by Bissell
    on

Welcome along Gruely, you’ve made an excellent start there! I hope you continue to get encouragement and inspiration from the forum; they have certainly helped me. I’m on day 32 and have found the going fairly steady and not too hard. And best of all I feel really well, so it definitely is worth sticking to.

Enjoy your good decisions and best of luck.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Gruely! Welcome to BSD lots of lovely people here who will help you along 🙂 Sounds like you are off to a flying start so just keep going and you will soon see big results!

Good Luck to you.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Welcome to the forums Gruely,

It’s truly so motivating when you compare weight loss on the BSD to previous attempts. The other aspect that I find refreshing is no longer feeling constantly hungry and seeking out sugary carbs. If this hasn’t happened for you yet just stick with it. I’m in Week 9 and now follow BSD 5:2.

Enjoy.

• posted by Gruely
    on

Thank you Bissell, Izzy & Switzerland!

I woke up this morning another 2lbs lighter .

I met my sister inlaw today with our little girls so didn’t have breakfast. At lunch we had a selection of things from M&S. I did have a 1/4 of a chicken and avocado sandwich and some oatmeal type cookie. But logging it into my Fitbit shows me that it was no more than 400 calories. I’m hoping this blip won’t lead me too much astray, I’m feeling under the weather too.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Well done Gruely 🙂

A little blip won’t matter too much I don’t think but many people find it leads to them feeling hungrier and re-igniting carb cravings so just take care.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

No need to worry, get straight back on the wagon. NO MORE BREAD!

You can do it.

• posted by Gruely
    on

Well the past few days have been horrendous. I’ve had my first monthly since having my 22 month old and 7.5 month old and I haven’t been able to control myself with the biscuits.

I’ve booked in for a PT session tomorrow as I don’t overeat or eat badly when I do because I don’t like to waste the money and more importantly effort I make to exercise. So tomorrow is a new start and new day and I am not falling off.

If any other ladies could give me some helpful tips for dealing with monthly cravings I would be grateful. It’s been over 3 years since I’ve had to deal with PMS so it’s like starting all over again!

• posted by 4stonetolose
    on

Welcome! You’ll get so much great advice on these forums.

• posted by Gruely
    on

Hello 4stonetolose!

I am back on the wagon, the first day is always the hardest so now I’m through this I know I will be ok.

• posted by denton
    on

Hello,

New to the diet and the forums. Been doing it one week now, and have managed to loose 6lbs! Hoping that continues in the right direction.

Just felt the need to share… feeling quite upbeat.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi denton and welcome to the forums.
    Great results from your first week. I’m really pleased you shared that with us. You have every reason to feel upbeat!
    Best wishes.

• posted by Collie
    on

denton
    please share it is the reason i follow the forum it helps inspire me and hearing stories and struggles is beneficial. Everyone need a hand at time either to lead or guide wether it is by digital or in person. Some lose all the time some plateau ( thats me ) it helps to hear the variety so you can identify and keep going in a world desiring you to partake of carbs and sugar .xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.