New start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cookiemonsta
    on

I have started this today. I began my diet after New Year and have already cut my carbs substantially and been trying to stick at around 1000 calories per day. I bought a Fitbit and have been tracking my diet and exercise but found that my weight loss is, so-far, quite slow. I think that several bariatric surgeries and general inactivity may be to blame for my sluggish metabolism
    I have tried many diets in the past including low-carb ones and have found them quite easy once I have got over carb withdrawal.
    Now I am off to the shops to stock up on lots of lovely healthy ingredients and then the gym!

• posted by HB47
    on

First day for me too. Inspired by Michael’s book as the science seems to make sense. I am feeling motivated but know from past experience that for me it is late afternoon and early evening when i give in to temptation. Not helped by working in an office with constant stream of birthday cakes – there are 2 seperate lots of cakes in the kitchen this morning, and working directly above a Tesco Express. Work long hours so getting enough exercise is also a challenge. To help I have gone public with my diet this time (I don’t usually) to give some incentive to stick to it. Also have a get together at end of April catching up with some friends I haven’t seen for nearly 20 years after they moved to the states. I don’t to be the one who got fat.

So here goes. I already have a Fitbit. I am starting logging food from today though. I have also bought a tape measure and a blood sugar testing kit to track progress.

• posted by Karen
    on

Good Luck HB47. I have started today and it is the first time I am going public . I am going to do the 4week plan to start with but have TONS of weight to lose so hopeing for quick results .

• posted by Cookiemonsta
    on

Thanks and good luck to you both too. I’ve found in the past that once you can break free of carbs you really do not crave sugary or fatty snacks. It’s helping me that I’ve been doing Dry January as well so I’ve not been weakened by alcohol either. I only eat small portions anyway but it’s what I’ve been eating recently that has made me regain over 4 stone. It’s got to go!

Please log in or register to post a reply.