New boyfriend wants to cook for me.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lil_Sprocket
    on

Hello.

I just started the fast 800 and my new boyfriend is keen to cook for me. What do you do when people want to cook for you? Do you ask them to measure everything and calorie count? Or do you take you best guess?

Thanks!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

lil-sprocket, if it is a one off meal, just eat what you can. Dont bother with the calories as long as it is not full of sugars. You could tell him to leave off the carbs and give you lots of veg but some people do not understand what a carb is – i.e. restaurant that gave me twice cooked chips because it has less carbs???? You could get him to sit down and show him a typical menu and some ideas of what you cant eat. A good representation of this is found on http://www.dietdoctor.com then go to the illustration of low carb vs high carb foods. If he is a new boyfriend you wont know his level of culinary expertise but if he wants to cook for you he must think he knows what he is doing. Don’t ruin the diet but don’t ruin the relationship either – compromise. If he is going to be around you can cook for him and show him what you eat.

• posted by lil_Sprocket
    on

Thanks! That really helps me put things in perspective. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.