Need to lose 8 stone

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AliceF2701
    on

Hi all!

I am your typical yoyo dieter and now I need to lose 8 stone. I could cry reading that I really could. I’ve previously lost nearly 7 stone doing the Cambridge Diet but of course piled it all back on (with a bit more for good luck…). I need to change. I hate how I look. I’m fed up of family making barbed comments etc. and I’d like to have a baby in the next couple of years (am 34 now). I need to do this.

I guess what I’m really looking for here is a) tips and b) success stories. Has anyone lost a similar amount of weight? If so, how long did it take? I want this to be a new WOE but relatively quick weight loss is always inspiring. I’m currently too scared to step on the scales but weight must be around the 18 stone mark and ideally, i’d like to be closer to 10 stone.

Thanks for your input and stay safe 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Alice
    Bless you, don’t despair, you are in the right place !
    There are some incredible success stories on the forum, women losing 10 stone and more . Others have done well with lesser but still substantial amounts by committing to the fast 800 programme.You certainly will get quick results early on which is of course inspiring but you have to be prepared for a complete overhaul of previously accepted principles of losing weight and some radical changes.
    I would like to guide you towards the weekly thread which is active even in these unsettling times
    Look for One week at a time starting….
    We can then help with any questions or doubts you might have .
    Just to tell you about myself. I started out in September 2018 at over 16 stone.I am now under 11 stone and happily maintaining because there is no way I will ever return to my former very unhealthy ways. I lost about 9 kilos in the first 8 weeks.It’s common to lose 10% of your overall body weight in that time. I reckon most of my weight loss happened in the first year but things did slow down as I continued.
    Weigh yourself, Alice.Take your measurements.Write them down and just tell yourself I am now going to prioritise my health and get where I want to be .We will help you ! Read the Fast 800 book for the general principles as that is an essential starting point.
    You can do this, Alice !

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi AliceF2701,

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend following Wendy’s advice to join the weekly thread. – You will find a mixture of people on the thread who are at different stages in their journey. I would also agree with the advice to take your measurements. – And don’t just take measurements of waist and hips. Some of us have found that our collar bones emerge and our shoe sizes change before we start to see a big change on waist and hips.

To give you some reassurance, I am down over 7 stone since starting this way of eating. Most of that was achieved in the first year. Once you get used to this way of eating you will not want to go back. – You can do it.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks JGwen for encouraging Alice . You have had great results, so take heart Alice !
    I have just set up the new weekly thread
    One week at a time beginning April 7th 2020
    Feel free to come nd join us !

• posted by Quetzal
    on

Alice – I just started 6 days ago – lets do this together! I really would like to reduce mye weight quite a lot, but I think it is important to have smaller goals and celebrate every time you reach a goal! Thats why the week thread is good. One more thing – plan your meals. That helped me the first days when I had headache and felt hungry – now the headache is gone and do feel good. I feel happier, also. Looking forward to do this with you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Alice – my tips would be
    A) Resist the temptation to compare your rate of loss against that of others. We are all unique and our bodies don’t always behave as we might hope.
    B) Make a habit of reading nutritional panels and watch out for those pesky carbs, which can hide out in very unexpected places.
    C) Good hydration is really important, so if in doubt, have another glass of water.
    Finally, please join us on the weekly thread, where there is a wealth of experience based knowledge to be tapped and loads if support and encouragement too. Best wishes for achieving you goals.

• posted by AliceF2701
    on

Thank you all – here’s to getting smaller, fitter and healthier!

Please log in or register to post a reply.