need some tips for toning up

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hopetobeslim777
    on

im now on week 5 and have lost 11 1/2 lb and feel great but although i walk alot would love some tips on toning up my tummy area

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi, I’m not the best to give advice because I haven’t consistently done it but Planks are supposed to be very good for toning abdominals. http://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank
    When I do do it I do the forearm one and sometimes from my knees not my toes. Start from 10 or 20 seconds and work up. Hope that helps.

• posted by catherine80
    on

There are tons of great exercise videos on Youtube. Do a search for “ab exercises” for videos on toning your tummy. I like FitnessBlender.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Yoga is supposed to have some very good exercises for toning up the tummy area. I am looking into finding a class to join at the moment.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Sit ups are brill for tummy area if you do them properly and regularly – plenty of tutorials online. 10 mins morning and evening and you soon see a difference. Also, cheap. I’m a Scot, don’t like paying when it’s something you can try yourself at home with no equipment to buy. Key is to build it into everyday routine. I do mine as soon as I get up, in my jammies, and while I watch the 6 o clock news. Mkx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

In general, Pilates is brilliant for toning and especially the tummy area, as it is all about core strength, which is achieved by exercising the abdominal muscles.

Please log in or register to post a reply.