Need a boost 😞

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all

I started back on the Fast800 two and a half weeks ago having lost over 2 stone a couple of years ago on it (and gained back sadly). Last time my weight loss was slow but consistent and I never plateaued. This time round I’ve lost 8.5lb in two and half weeks but now completely stalled for four days, and yes I know 8.5lb is amazing and I know all about plateaus and the science behind it (I’m a biochemist) but I have so much to lose (98lbs) and it feels very overwhelming and I can’t help feeling a bit despondent.

I literally have stuck to this by the letter, I’m combining it with TRE so having lunch at 1, dinner at around 7 and then nothing until 1 the next day (roughly 16:8). I’m not particularly hungry – that settled in the first few days, and I’m doing around 20-30g carbs a day, about 50-60g protein and fat it around 50% of my daily calorie intake. I’m using MFP to track my macros, am weighing everything, have not eaten any fruit except an apple as part of a salad (with a Greek yoghurt dressing as I know fruit should go with fat wherever possible). I am not eating any root veg, only above ground and I’m tracking this. Only having say 5 nuts, and only as part of a meal if I do. Drinking at least 2L plain water a day plus black tea/coffee and herbal tea with no milk. I’ve also upped my exercise significantly and am walking 5000 a day – I know this isn’t 10000 but I have a busy job (working from home at the moment) and I simply cannot fit 10000 in – this would take nearly 2 hours and I just don’t have the time. I also have joint problems and ME/CFS which make exercise extremely difficult to me and I’m very frightened of overdoing it and causing a relapse of my ME – just this weekend I had to spend most of Sunday in bed because I just felt completely rough and drained and I knew it was post exertional malaise from overdoing it.

I guess I’m just looking for a boost really to spur me over this plateau because I really feel like jacking it all in at the moment!!

Thanks
    Lauren

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lauren, welcome back. I feel you frustration and clearly remember being in you situation. You know why the stall is happening, but when you’re doing all the right things, it feels very unjust when nothing appears to be happening.

All I can say is, have faith that it WILL happen. Meanwhile, perhaps try focusing on non-scales wins … clothing feeling a bit looser, clearer skin, sleeping better, for instance.

For support, why not join us on the weekly thread? … this week’s has 12th January in the title. There are a few returnees, old hands so very possible you will know some folks and there are some new comers too. You’ll be made very welcome and perhaps help you feel less isolated with you situation.

Whatever approach you decide on, all best wishes for achieving your goals.

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks SunnyB, I seem to have pulled myself up by my bootstraps and am feeling more positive – helped by the plateau buggering off too! 5lb off this week so 13lb in four weeks which is great!

Please log in or register to post a reply.