My Week 1 Results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

Really chuffed to have lost 8lbs in my first week. 1.5 inches off my waist and 2.5 inches around my hips. I lost 4 pounds the week before doing something else so my 8lbs can’t be all water! Fasting blood glucose dropped from 5.5 to 4.8. Never thought I could do 800cals so pleasantly surprised and ready to keep going.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Well done Pally. Keep it up!

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

Thanks, Timmy!

• posted by Texas50
    on

Congrats! How did you do it — what did you eat? Interested to hear how everyone is getting veggies in?

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

Hi Texas. I used some of the recipes in the book and also made up my own stuff using some of the ingredients I had bought in. I flick through the book and pick what I fancy rather than sticking to the weekly plan. I track everything in MyFitnessPal. Sometimes I choose a breakfast option for lunch. The pesto chicken was nice. I used some leftover pesto to make a caprese salad. The stuffed peppers from day one were lovely. I get in veggies mainly in salads. Sometimes I measured out some salsa (Dorito mild salsa is low in cals and sugar) and dolloped that on top of salad with some grated mature cheddar. When the weather is cooler I will be getting my veggies in soup form! Chewing gum helped a lot when hungry between meals as I really tried to avoid snacking.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done PALLYALLY! X

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

Thanks Yowzer! ๐Ÿ˜ Your profile made me smile. I have also lost and regained stones over the years but since reading the BSD book I am starting to understand why I couldn’t keep it off. The slimming club industry has a lot to answer for. Telling me I should eat mountains of pasta and potatoes to lose weight!! I’m not bitter…

• posted by Peg1959
    on

Wow …. a big well done

• posted by kayfont
    on

Hi

I started on Monday and weighed today and was a little disappointed to only see a 0.3kg loss. Am I being unrealistic? I think I was seduced by terminology like “rapid weight loss”! (I’m starting at 95.9 kg so got lots to lose ๐Ÿ™‚ )

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Kay

This is exactly why it’s not necessarily a great idea to weigh every day.

In fact some people don’t weigh at all and judge purely by measurements and clothes fit.

So please don’t talk yourself into failure – good to notice if you have a tendency to do this so you can be aware of it – have you measured, are you drinking loads, are you keeping carbs low and weighing and noting nutritional values of what you’re eating?

If so – keep on keeping on and perhaps wait to measure till a week is past?

And do use the search box to find other posts on this subject and other questions you may have.

Good luck and don’t despair. A bit early for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hi Kay,

Igor’s advice is excellent, as usual! I’ll echo it and also add that when I attempted my first go at this a couple of weeks ago, I also did not lose massively and quickly. I derailed so have just started again this Tuesday and my first weigh-in after only 4 days shows a 7lb loss – which is pretty much unheard of for me. It might just be that you’re settling into this new way of eating. Give it some time. Lots of people on these forums report similar to you and then a big whoosh of lost weight. You could be heading for that right now! However, what have you been eating this week? Have you cut your carbs down to around 50g a day? Are you aiming for the 800cals? Give us a bit more info if you want as it might point out some discrepancies. As Igor says, don’t despair!

Please log in or register to post a reply.