My halo is in the ditch

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

My halo slipped too! After a gruelling 2 hours last night at my daughter’s 6th Form open evening and getting home at 9.30pm not having eaten since 1pm, I succumbed to several glasses of wine, mini bounty bars and some cheese. Gutted. But then I read your “My halo slipped” post and it picked me up. Those numbered points were brilliant. Thank you.

But I am a bit worried that, having flooded my body with sugar, I will have undone almost 3 weeks of good work. Although I need to lose weight, my main concern is gettig my blood sugar out of the pre-diabetes range. Not sure how the science works on this. Have I put myself back to where I was before I started the BSD?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Fifi, absolutely not, although it depends on where you were and where you started. I’ll explain, if you have lost say 3 or 4 lbs on this plan then a blow out could set you back to square one, if you have lost more then it might just cause a small increase in weight. It is all a matter of percentages. So, yes you might have stalled or put on a little but it is not the end of the world. If you are diabetic and have managed to get your BG under control then a glitch should not increase your BG to pre-BSD levels but may increase it a little over the next couple of days.

Whatever has happened has happened. Today is a new day and I hope you are back on it straight away – no waiting until after the weekend, no excuses. Just keep going and don’t blame yourself, you have not failed when you are still here. Giving up is failure. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Fifi&Flo – don’t worry about the halo slipping. We are all human and we all slip up and the best thing to do is chalk it up and move on. I can’t advise on the blood sugar aspect, but the advise from sunshine-girl seems sound. At any rate, it will be what it will be, so just get back on track, push ahead and don’t waste emotional energy on negativity. Stay positive, keep going and post us some great results soon!

• posted by FiB
    on

Fifi – I too slipped this week – amazed at how easy it was to get back into the groove. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and back on the plan – I bet you will have done less damage than feared.

• posted by Fifi and Flo
    on

Thank you for all your replies. I did get straight back on it and am so pleased I did. I have to admit it was easier than I thought. I wonder why with other diets I have always dine the “I’ll start tomorrow or Monday” thing. Anyway, whatever the reason am back on track and thank you for all your supportive words.

I hope you’re all doing well. FiB – I hope you’re back on track too. Sunshine – thank you for advice re: BG levels. And SunnyB for great PMA 👍😃

• posted by NLR2407
    on

My halo slipped this week too – you are not alone. Work is hard at the moment, had some issues with my son at nursery and I just broke one evening…..

Got back up on the horse and carried on going.

It’s easy to beat yourself up but the important thing is that you mentally let yourself have the slip up and not punish yourself for it. You are only human after all xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.