My fitness pal help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cala69
    on

Hi just started my 8 weeks and am using my fitness pal to help track my food. Can someone help me with what my nutrient levels should be please ie what percentage carbs/fat/protein should be my daily goals as I can’t seem to get me levels right! Thanks so much for any help.

• posted by LindaW
    on

I am wondering exactly the same thing. Currently my levels are set at 50% carb, 30% fat and 20% protein and I know that must be incorrect but don’t know what to change it to. Hopefully we will both get a knowledgeable answer soon. 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi ladies I have set my goals on MFP at 20g carbs, 50g protein and 68g good fats. That goes in as 10% carbs, 25% protein and 65% good fats. This works for me and I have discarded 2.5 stone so far. It may not be good for you guys but it is all about keeping the carbs low and trying to stay in 800 calories a day. You may have to tweak it to yourselves as everybody is different and what works for one may not work for someone else. You also need to try and consume up to 3ltr’s of water each day. Water is our friend and really helps with this Way of eating. You won’t be able to send your diary off each day as MFP will tell you are starving yourself🤣. But plan plan plan and put everything you intend eat into MFP before you consume it as then you can see if you have gone over before doing the damage as it were and tweak it so you stay within the parameters. Welcome and the best of luck. We have a weekly thread that starts every Tuesday so jump over there as you will find nearly all of us there and we are ready to help and guide you along your journey. No question is a silly one and don’t beat yourselves up if you mess up. We are only human and we all make mistakes, we don’t let them get us down and keep on keeping on. Hope this has helped. Birdy💞🦜 week starting the 28th of my is the current weekly thread😁

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

I don’t know what is in the original ‘Blood Sugar Diet’ book, but in ‘The Fast 800’ Dr Mosley is not that prescriptive about macronutrients (carbs/ protein/ fat). There are *guidelines* including the minimum amount of protein per day, the types of carbohydrates to avoid and so on.

The reality is that the more rigid about macronutrients in addition to tracking calories, the more restrictive/ less varied the diet is, and the more likely it is to be deficient in a number of micronutrients (minerals/ vitamins/ essential fatty acids/ antioxidants). If this really is a way of eating or a healthy lifestyle it should be as balanced and and as varied as possible throughout the programme.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.