My First Week is Over

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MrsG27715
    on

One week down and 7lbs gone forever! πŸ˜ƒ
    Haven’t even felt like I’m on a ‘diet’ as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed everything I’ve eaten, and have not felt hungry once.
    To be on a diet and not feel hungry is a huge plus for me as it’s the dreaded hunger pangs that have caused me to fail time and time again on other diet plans.
    I’ve weighed and written everything down …kept to 800 cals/day, and 50g or less of carbs. Not followed the diet plan at all, just developed my own menu. Given up my beloved diet coke, and developed a new liking for sparkling water with a slice of lime. I only drink 1 cup of tea per day, and whilst I still have to have a couple of sweeteners to make it palatable, I am slowly reducing the amount I have.
    Funny to think of how daunting this diet seemed just 1 week ago, and now it’s almost second nature already.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Great job! I concur with all your sentiments. I be lost 6 lbs in 5 days. I remember lurking on this website for a couple days before I actually took the plunge and finally I came across a post that seemed to be talking straight to me. The poster said, ” I know you’re reading this contemplating jumping in. Just do it!” I started that very next day and I’m so glad I did. Let’s keep going!

• posted by Bongo
    on

Congratulations and well done. It’s amazing how much better food tastes isn’t it? Almost like when you stop smoking (if you’ve ever been a smoker).

• posted by MrsG27715
    on

Thank you both.
    Athorn223, I came across this diet by accident really. I knew I needed to do something about my weight, but have failed so many other diets. I googled ‘low carb, low calorie diets’ and this website was the first to come up. I read pages and pages of people’s own experience of doing the diet and decided to go for it. I know this way of eating can become a way of life for me, unlike previous diets I have been on. Good luck to you 😊
    Bongo, I am eating food that I’ve avoided on other diets as I was afraid they were too high in fat, ie. salmon, avocado, olives etc. It’s been wonderful to eat these kinds of foods and still lose weight! I’ve never been a smoker, but I see where you’re coming from. Good luck.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi MrsG27715

Welcome to the BSD family. Really glad you found this diet. Great loss in your first week. Looking forward to seeing your progress πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by MrsG27715
    on

Thank you captainlynne. It’s really nice to see so many encouraging people on here 😊

• posted by captainlynne
    on

MrsG27715, I think this has to be the friendliest, most supportive group of people I’ve met on forumsπŸ˜ƒ

Any questions, just ask – there’s usually someone around to help.

• posted by MrsG27715
    on

πŸ‘ thank you.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Brilliant, well done! I’ve just lost 7lbs in my first week and my name is Mrs G too! πŸ˜€ So glad it’s working for us both. I keep thinking I will give up soon, because that’s what I usually do, but now I am beginning to see that I might actually succeed. I had three meals I enjoyed yesterday and kept thinking ‘this can’t work, I must have eaten too much” but have lost another lb today. It’s great eating proper food, isn’t it?

• posted by MrsG27715
    on

Well done to you too! Not only are you also Mrs G, but you sound like me too! Haha! I said those exact words to my husband yesterday; how can I be eating such tasty, filling food, and not feeling hungry at all, yet still losing weight?!
    Its great because it doesn’t feel like a diet at all. All my experiences of being on diets in the past have mainly been trying to deal with the constant hunger pangs, whilst only losing around 1lb per week. Quick weight loss is the motivator for me. I know it won’t be a 7lbs loss every week, and on the weeks when its just 1lb-2lb loss, I am hoping it doesn’t upset me enough to think “sod it”, and reach for the nearest bag of crisps!
    We are going on holiday in 10 weeks time. I would love to be able to fit into some of my smaller summer clothes by then.
    Watch this space!

• posted by Lise
    on

Well done to both Mrs Gs! I have just finished my first week with just over 3kgs gone forever and I am thrilled. My husband has lost the same amount too. Planning to do another five weeks before our big overseas trip where I’m hoping to do 5:2 to keep the momentum. Well before I do that I need to get through this week but I am feeling positive.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

My first week (last week) I lost 7lbs too. Well done both of you! On to week 2….all the best!

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi I am a Ms G too lost 7pounds in my first week so that’s three of us ! Can not say I have not been hungry but I discovered waiting and not giving myself instant food which I would normally have done but promising myself something if I still feel hungry after 20 mins or so. Drank loads found it harder at weekend as was competing so quite active. Probably strayed over the 800cals but not too much. I am not counting carbs though. Where in the book should I find this? However no bread potatoes rice pasta or processed food at all. Well done all here’s to next week .

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Collie
    Welcome to the family and well done on your 7lb loss. It’s really important to count carbs as I’ve discovered that they’re hidden in the most amazing places! When I was looking to buy full fat natural yoghurt it ranged between 3.9g/100g to 10.4g/100g! Now I read every label!
    If you’re in Australia and you haven’t already done so, download the Easy Diet Diary app. You simply add in what you are eating and it calculates how many calories, protein, fats, carbs etc that you are consuming. From doing this, I realised I wasn’t getting enough calcium so am now taking supplements. If you’re based elsewhere, I’m sure someone else will advise on which app is best if you can’t download this one.
    What are you competing in? I’m playing softball each weekend.
    Linda

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi LindaA
    Thanks for kind reply, I will look for App and start carb counting, I have eased myself in last week. I compete in dog agility, really big sport here in uk, I camp every other weekend at shows. Managed to avoid burger van !!!! I will look up softball not a sport I know much about, good luck . Here’s to week 2

Please log in or register to post a reply.