My First 10 Days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alipalicat
    on

Good morning! I started this diet on 4/5 and have had 2 slip ups along the way – an evening out on day 2 which involved a packet of crisps! And my husband having to have an emergency op and being in hospital on day 7 – this caused a hospital sandwich to be consumed as I had been stuck there all day. I have not managed to stick to the 800 cals every day but have kept my carbs to between 20 and 40g. I have done very little exercise because of hospital visits etc and not drunk as much water as I’d like and too much tea and red wine BUT I’m over the moon to report a loss of nearly 9lb and I feel so much better. No painful bloating stomach, clothes feel better and I love this way of eating. Husband is home from hospital now and will hopefully be on the mend so I will be trying very hard to stick to the 800 calls this week and see what the results are.

I’m determined to continue so that when I have my next blood tests the nurse will be happy with my results and tell me I am no longer pre-diabetic.

Thank you BSD 😃

• posted by Izzy
    on

You’ve done an amazing job even managing to stick to most of it through your husbands emergency, you should be super proud of yourself! That hospital sandwich would have been a much needed meal for you that day. Glad to hear he is home recovering and I hope he will be well soon.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Alipalicat,
    Well done on a difficult two weeks. If you can keep going through a high stress event, then you should have no issues getting to the end of the 8 weeks!
    If you have been hospital visiting, you have probably been getting more exercise than you thought….. I know from the last few hospital visits I have had to make the car park is miles from the reception area and then the ward is as far away from there as can be – plus the stairs as I was never prepared to wait for the lifts!
    Let us know how you are getting on in the coming weeks.
    good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.