My Christmas presents to me…. what about you?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Avila
    on

This Christmas I am giving myself –

– A big batch of fresh, and extra strong motivation.
    – A challenge to get down to the healthy BMI, and beyond
    – An aim to commit to Parkrun on a regular basis (diary and weather permitting – I am still a fairweather exerciser, its bad enough that the dog wants out in the rain!)

This year I will be 42, I know spring chicken, but I declared that for my 40th I was going do a tandem skydive. But I weighed too much, so I would like to get to be able to do it this year.

I had lost 13kg August/Sept and maintained for a while then winter depressions leading to old habits so started a seesaw over a couple of kgs and now gained back 3kg. Christmas events giving opportunity and lack of willpower giving motive…. the evidence is there.

I am still 10 kg down from the start (and off my blood pressure meds – yeah!), which is great but only half way to healthy BMI (I know BMI has its flaws but offers a measure). So time to get refocused and motivated.

I know it works, I know I can live it, so I just need to gird my loins and get on with it.

What present do you want to give yourself this Christmas, or Christmas future?

• posted by Fairyface
    on

My Christmas present to myself is…….good health, healthy BMI, loss of all my visceral fat, and to enjoy life.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

A small gold box, decorated with a beautiful lacy bow! A tag with the words ‘From Me To You’. I lift off the lid with the perfect bow and place it by my side, I look in the box and there it is! My promise to myself! 2017 is your year, this is the year you stop your perpetual rounds of weight gain, diet, weight gain, diet! My lovely this is your time, enjoy it. Let your true light shine out. Be healthy, vibrant and alive.
    I hope Santa brings you all one of these boxes.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Just brought a lump to my throat and a tear in my eye Trelawny.x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Shhhh! I know I shouldn’t say, but Santa told me he has a box for you too. Happy Christmas Fairyface and a wondrous 2017. xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Lovely idea Trelawny 😀💐

Last Christmas my present to myself was starting the BSD.

This year my present to myself is finalising the new image to go with the new weight, shape and dress size.

Oh, and setting up a Filofax so I’m not carrying around a separate diary and notebook all the time. I’ve so much rattling around in my head that needs to be written down all in one place and I just don’t want to have to keep writing it in a new notebook or trusting everything to memory!

Happy Christmas everyone.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Bless you Trelawny. Happy Christmas to you and a happy and healthy 2017x

• posted by cmawp
    on

After an overindulgent food-laden Christmas Eve, my Christmas present to myself is to take it easy tomorrow.

I’m in Sweden for Christmas this year and Christmas Eve is the big day of celebration, so after a well-meaning yoghurt, almond and blueberry breakfast, lunch was a smorgasbord of protein and fat rich foods, which I had a plateful of (avoiding carbs, except meatballs with breadcrumbs in and a teaspoon of a potato dish). Then we went over to a family gathering where I allowed myself to eat chocolates and sweets.

By this evening, I was on the toilet big style!! The lunch had made its way through me with interest.

So I will stay BSD friendly tomorrow, with my indulgence being a good few handfuls of roasted almonds and pistachios.

Merry BSD Christmas all!

• posted by Avila
    on

Merry Christmas to one and all….

In church this morning used one of those automated toys that sing a Christmas song – it was ‘here it is Merry Christmas’ with the line ‘look to the future now it’s only just begun’ – so lets all look to the future with our golden boxes of inspiration and motivation – the future has begun!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.